GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think we are no longer interested. It was reported we had a trade worked out in case demidov wasn’t there. I think Hughes sees his top 6 almost done except for one UFA and therefore no room for him, just a guess though.
I expect they are interested but they probably don't have what the Jets ould be looking for.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I think we are no longer interested. It was reported we had a trade worked out in case demidov wasn’t there. I think Hughes sees his top 6 almost done except for one UFA and therefore no room for him, just a guess though.
Just give 'em like... Dvorak or something. And Harris and one of next years picks.

• Haha
Reactions: HomaridII

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ouch

Early draft
11. Zayne Parekh (RD) - Saginaw Spirit (OHL) Real #9 (-2)
43. Maxim Massé (RW) - Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL) Real #66 (+23)
75. Veeti Väisänen (LD) - KooKoo (Liiga) Real #96 (+21)
107. Anthony Romani (C) - North Bay Battalion (OHL) Real #162 (+55)
111. Alexandre Blais (LW) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL) Real #100 (-11)
171. Félix Lacerte (RW) - Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL) Real Undrafted
203. Diego Buttazzoni (C) - Portland Winterhawks (WHL) Real Undrafted
218. Fabian Licko (LD) - HC Slovan Bratislava U20 (Slovakia U20) Real Undrafted

Speed draft
17. Trevor Connelly (F) - Tri-City Storm (USHL) Real #19 (+2)
52. Spencer Gill (RD) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL) Real #59 (+7)
82. Ondrej Kos (W) - Ilves (Liiga) Real #81 (-1)
83. Veeti Vaisanen (LD) - Kookoo (Liiga) Real #96 (+13)
90. Alexander Zetterberg (C) - Orebro HK J20 (J20 Nationell) Real Undrafted
114. Christian Humphreys (C) - US NTDP Real #215 (+101)

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well you are sometimes tough to follow. In the same post you respond, you directly respond to something I said...and then in the same post, you generally talk about what people say? Just be more precise, and there will be no issues.
Well apologies if I wasn't clear, but again, I wasn't suggesting YOU called someone an idiot or stupid, I was using it as reference of when an opinion (which was your point) crosses a line into something else.

I used it as a reference point to our discussions about this being a message board and people just posting their opinions. I never once even suggested that you crossed that line.
I'm talking for myself. I never said people are never too harsh to judge. I don't know why I should often bear other people views....lol. My view is my own. I'm dissapointed in today's based on my list. But we will have to wait 4 years to be sure. But when a post will be made to analyse TODAY'S, I can't like it. Let's bookmark it and see in 4 years.
I haven't read all of your posts in this thread, but I've known you awhile here and I don't think you would have crossed that line, so that's not and has never been the discussion here.

But talking about your disappointment for today. Are you only happy or rather, do you only evaluate the Habs performance at the draft table based solely on if they agree with who you would have picked?

I mean in the 1st round I get it, in the 2nd round even to a certain degree I get it...but past that, no one knows.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Ouch

Early draft
11. Zayne Parekh (RD) - Saginaw Spirit (OHL) Real #9 (-2)
43. Maxim Massé (RW) - Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL) Real #66 (+23)
75. Veeti Väisänen (LD) - KooKoo (Liiga) Real #96 (+21)
107. Anthony Romani (C) - North Bay Battalion (OHL) Real #162 (+55)
111. Alexandre Blais (LW) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL) Real #100 (-11)
171. Félix Lacerte (RW) - Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL) Real Undrafted
203. Diego Buttazzoni (C) - Portland Winterhawks (WHL) Real Undrafted
218. Fabian Licko (LD) - HC Slovan Bratislava U20 (Slovakia U20) Real Undrafted

Speed draft
17. Trevor Connelly (F) - Tri-City Storm (USHL) Real #19 (+2)
52. Spencer Gill (RD) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL) Real #59 (+7)
82. Ondrej Kos (W) - Ilves (Liiga) Real #81 (-1)
83. Veeti Vaisanen (LD) - Kookoo (Liiga) Real #96 (+13)
90. Alexander Zetterberg (C) - Orebro HK J20 (J20 Nationell) Real Undrafted
114. Christian Humphreys (C) - US NTDP Real #215 (+101)

i took galvas in the 2nd round lol

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Well, not that I thought he was a superstar in the making or anything, but I didn't expect Ryerson Leenders to last til the end of the 7th round.
I’d take almost every goalie we have in the system over him, even a guy like Dobes, so it’s not really all that surprising.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But talking about your disappointment for today. Are you only happy or rather, do you only evaluate the Habs performance at the draft table based solely on if they agree with who you would have picked?

I mean in the 1st round I get it, in the 2nd round even to a certain degree I get it...but past that, no one knows.
I made a top 100. I had 3 out of that list from my top 100. So for me, day 2 is not a success. Not being able to move up in the 2nd, not a success.

But then even if the players that they take is not in my top 100, usually I still could be happy if I know the guys. Even if they didn't make my list. How can I be happy when I don't know any of those guys? lolll

I'm thrilled about yesterday. It's insane. yesterday was the best 1st round in ages for us. I love Hage also more than probably a lot of people here.

But today as been underwhelming. Today. And the great part here is that the expectations will be at an alltime low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad