GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Kinda like when I said
Philip kurashev should go top 40 but he went fourth round
Josh Roy should go top 20 but he went 5th round
Dorofeyev should've gone top 20 but he went 4th round
Mattias Macelli should've gone top 30 but he went 5th round

And on and on we go.

You know? It's almost as if sometimes we're not all idiots.
You might find yourself out of a job for picking them all long before you could have got them.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Habs just are picking guys that they can hold their rights for years. They can't sign all these dudes.
Its a pretty smart plan, lets be honest. Take high school kids that are long-term projects that could pan out and give us a longer time to find them contract spots. By that time, a lot of our shite contracts will be up, kids will have graduated and these projects that pan out become the restock in the cupboards. Smart.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Did Zetterberg and Humphreys kill someone's cat or something?
Really have to wonder about how some of these guys interviewed. I haven’t really heard much in terms of off-ice stuff with any of these fallers and it does seem like size is a big consideration this year, but wow do teams seem comfortable leaving skill on the table.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But that's what today is!!!! If we can't do that...why do we have a thread? To just write the names of who are picked....and the only response possible is...let's wait 5 years?

Or...are the only comments possible are positive ones? I know there are rules on HF...but please tell me where this is....
Today is for the Montreal Canadiens to select the players the Montreal Canadiens have put in the work to scout.

Not please every single fan currently posting in this thread.

Yes, when you do the work, and you take the time to watch games, you come away with preferring players over others. No shit. That's the work. So when your favorite do not see the same thing, you are dissapointed. But this...is ONLY TODAY! Then, comes the camps...the years...where you follow the progression....and hope for the best.
What you're describing is entitlement.
And then in 4-5 years when the player didn't go anywhere as you've mentioned....you can say you were right...euh wait...no you can't because you will be told that it's hindsight or that we need to move on....or that this is the nature of the draft, you win some, lose some....

All this on the HOCKEY FUTURE'S BOARD. Just insane.
Exactly lol essentially what is a fantasy world, where opinions have no consequences.
Anyway this year's story is already written. As it's been said every year, if you can get 2 or 3 NHL,ers out of your draft, the draft is a success. Well it's already a success, Demidov and Hage will be NHL'ers. So picking unknown or having no picks at all would have done the same thing I guess.
Glad to see you saved some common sense for the end your post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad