GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And I repeat. for people in the back, this is TODAY'S DISCUSSION. The day of the draft. Where EVERY YEAR, while having strong opinions, I keep saying that this is one day. And in reality it's in 4-5 years that we will know.

Everybody knows that. And yet, why do you pretend like it's not what is. I never said that by passing on Poirier we passed on our future 50-goal scorer! But for every single one of our picks, I had other names in mind.

Yes, Koivu and Sawyer have some talent that will be fun to follow. Actually every prospecct chosen so far will be. I had Koivu in my top 100. Why would I put a guy in my top 100 if I don't like him? It's crazy.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Betting sites do have knowledge of what is going on. How do you think they come up with the starting odds? Now i suspect, that like horse racing, the experts and insiders place their bets at the end so the final odds represent what should happen. Weren't the odds correct for the top 5 in the draft?

Jesus...you as well lol.

They have the same knowledge that we have, they do not have insider knowledge....it is an absolutely mindless statement to state that NHL teams allow gambling sites anywhere near their most guarded secrets.

I swear if my dog had a 20 IQ bump he would know this as well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The best is when people think a certain player should go in the 2nd round but then it's the 32 NHL teams and all their hockey ops staff who are the clueless ones when he goes late in the 5th. :laugh:

And they get mad at Habs brass because they didn't race fast enough to get to the front of that massive lineup at the podium to pick the player.
Kinda like when I said
Philip kurashev should go top 40 but he went fourth round
Josh Roy should go top 20 but he went 5th round
Dorofeyev should've gone top 20 but he went 4th round
Mattias Macelli should've gone top 30 but he went 5th round

And on and on we go.

You know? It's almost as if sometimes we're not all idiots.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Having the opinion that team is clueless is still an opinion. It's the other end of spectrum of saying they are doing well.
Of course, not sure how that differs from what I just wrote.

I just think before you label someone an idiot for not drafting or drafting a player (in late rounds no less) maybe its best to wait to see?

Otherwise all you're saying is you judge a teams draft based on whether or not they make picks you want them to make.

Meh

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Opinions are fine…like “damn I wish they would have picked player X”.

But saying “why didn't they take player Y, they are clueless” is a whole other thing.
Problem is that any dissession to a pick, quickly goes to ''You know nothing'' rebuttals and segways into mudslinging, it's tiring. And yes, I fully acknowledge that I know nothing no need to remind me :sarcasm: loll

Reactions: Mrb1p

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Ben Merrill felt like either an undrafted, Boston or Montreal selection coming into the draft. Turns out it was the latter.

(would have rather they grabbed Timur Kol, who went 2 picks later, but who knows what'll happen).

Reactions: Treb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad