GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thread is derailing fast :laugh: Let's face it, none of us are scouts.. Doesn't mean we can't have favourites. Absolute silly talk!!
Nah, it seems that preferring other players than the ones we picked means we think that who we picked are bad......It's f***ing insane.

Yesterday was amazing. A+. And frankly THE most important day of the draft.

But today still happened. We have picks right? If those picks aren't important, why don't we traded them all? Are we allowed to discuss the picks today because yesterday was amazing?

If it rains today, should I shut up becuase it was sunny yesterday? lolll

Reactions: Treal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The best is when people think a certain player should go in the 2nd round but then it's the 32 NHL teams and all their hockey ops staff who are the clueless ones when he goes late in the 5th. :laugh:

And they get mad at Habs brass because they didn't race fast enough to get to the front of that massive lineup at the podium to pick the player.
Don't blink but it happens. Every year. That teams are clueless and that 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders in a re-draft goes MUCH earlier than they were picked.

Reactions: newdimension

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nah, it seems that preferring other players than the ones we picked means we think that who we picked are bad......It's f***ing insane.

Yesterday was amazing. A+. And frankly THE most important day of the draft.

But today still happened. We have picks right? If those picks aren't important, why don't we traded them all? Are we allowed to discuss the picks today because yesterday was amazing?

If it rains today, should I shut up becuase it was sunny yesterday? lolll
We’ve been here a long time. Not liking Day 2 is a good thing :laugh:

We are still allowed to have a first reaction and look silly later. Doesn’t mean we dislike the team.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm cheering for the guys we picked but goddamn am I jealous of Carolina's scouting team

That's because they go for high value, as I've said numerous times.

If you can send a mix of prospects for a high profile player like Guentzel and not 1sts, you have a great prospeft pool.

Before the draft they probably had a better prospect pool than the habs and theyve been competitive.

Wouldn’t want to be a devils fan at the moment. Imagine 4 years from now we trade reinbacher for a third round pick.

Wow
Well, if he's f***ing terrible that's what the Habs can expect.

Paul Cotter is a pretty damn good bottom 6er.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Opinions are fine…like “damn I wish they would have picked player X”.

But saying “why didn't they take player Y, they are clueless” is a whole other thing.
Having the opinion that team is clueless is still an opinion. It's the other end of spectrum of saying they are doing well.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Betting sites do have knowledge of what is going on. How do you think they come up with the starting odds? Now i suspect, that like horse racing, the experts and insiders place their bets at the end so the final odds represent what should happen. Weren't the odds correct for the top 5 in the draft?
He blocked me a while ago for a simple disagreement but I let it slide. But now he’s just being more and more condescending so it’s over.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Well I mean…for me at least the stuff I am seeing is referring to the players as garbage talents. Or at least the stuff that started it.

Everyone should have their right to their opinion but taking shots at players (especially when you haven’t seen them) is just not something I’ll support.

I have no issue myself with people having favourites though.

Reactions: bcv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad