GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Merrill is a project. He played US-Prep last year. He'll play BCHL this year then is going to Harvard 2025-2026.

He's minimum 4 years away from turning pro.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Our drafting strategy seems to be going for bottom 6 potential since our future top 6/9 is filled and depth guys which usually doesn't work out very well.

I feel like it's better to go for top 6 talent, if it hits you can either slot them into a deep team or trade them for better value than you drafted them for.

Oh well.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Problem is that any dissession to a pick, quickly goes to ''You know nothing'' rebuttals and segways into mudslinging, it's tiring. And yes, I fully acknowledge that I know nothing no need to remind me :sarcasm: loll
Well at this point in the draft, not even teams/scout really know…to act like we know better because we’ve fallen for a draft crush AND insult the ones picking because they didn't placate us…

I don’t know man lol

Reactions: Treal

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Is there even a single player of value drafted by any teams in round 6-7 in the last 7 years?
I went back a little further than that because 2021-2024 doesn't really count; prospects from those drafts, outside high end talents, would only just be making their way into the NHL now.

Andrew Mangiapane
Matt Roy
Vladislav Gavrikov
Jesper Bratt
Brandon Hagel
Morgan Barron

That's about it over eight years.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I went back a little further than that because 2021-2024 doesn't really count; prospects from those drafts, outside high end talents, would only just be making their way into the NHL now.

Andrew Mangiapane
Matt Roy
Vladislav Gavrikov
Jesper Bratt
Brandon Hagel
Morgan Barron

That's about it over eight years.
Brandon Hagel became a ufa.

Habs invited him to their camp, but didn't sign him obvi

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We certainly have a theme going today. Huge guys with long term potential. If size is your thing have won the draft lol

The nil in 15 years will be like the NBA ...the majority of players will be 6 ft 6 to 6ft 9 .....they might even add a hoop over top of the goalie net on the
Plexiglass.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The best is when people think a certain player should go in the 2nd round but then it's the 32 NHL teams and all their hockey ops staff who are the clueless ones when he goes late in the 5th. :laugh:

And they get mad at Habs brass because they didn't race fast enough to get to the front of that massive lineup at the podium to pick the player.

It is just embarrassing as are most opinions around here

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Of course, not sure how that differs from what I just wrote.

I just think before you label someone an idiot for not drafting or drafting a player (in late rounds no less) maybe its best to wait to see?

Otherwise all you're saying is you judge a teams draft based on whether or not they make picks you want them to make.

Meh
But that's what today is!!!! If we can't do that...why do we have a thread? To just write the names of who are picked....and the only response possible is...let's wait 5 years?

Or...are the only comments possible are positive ones? I know there are rules on HF...but please tell me where this is....

Yes, when you do the work, and you take the time to watch games, you come away with preferring players over others. No shit. That's the work. So when your favorite do not see the same thing, you are dissapointed. But this...is ONLY TODAY! Then, comes the camps...the years...where you follow the progression....and hope for the best.

And then in 4-5 years when the player didn't go anywhere as you've mentioned....you can say you were right...euh wait...no you can't because you will be told that it's hindsight or that we need to move on....or that this is the nature of the draft, you win some, lose some....

All this on the HOCKEY FUTURE'S BOARD. Just insane.

Anyway this year's story is already written. As it's been said every year, if you can get 2 or 3 NHL,ers out of your draft, the draft is a success. Well it's already a success, Demidov and Hage will be NHL'ers. So picking unknown or having no picks at all would have done the same thing I guess.

Reactions: newdimension
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad