GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
We already have Adam Fox in Hutson. Meanwhile our best forward prospect is f***ing Joshua Roy. This is the issue.

The two teams that won the cups in the last two years have acquired star talent other way than drafting them.

I agree with you we need starpower at F but we have to expand the field with our 5th ov, not narrow it to our need.

There is a scenario where we draft our futur best D at 5 and we are in a position to trade top young D for a forward better than what would be available at 5, if Demidov is gone. Double massive upgrade.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No he never said that and he also said that Demidov and Michkov were two different cases in his presser yesterday and it hinted at him not wanting Michkov last season.
Never said he said they were the same player, they aren't but the situation is similiar.

Listen to what he says at 6:45 mark. Hint, he's not talking about Reinbacher

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't see it , hope all our guys can hit!

I see it if and only if we add a great playmaker that will multiply everybody else. Example:

Demidov - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - X
Roy - Newhook - Beck

That's more points for Suzuki and Slaf
That's a Caufield sheltered as he should be.
That's a 3rd line that can compete against the best.

Hutson will be excellent but his size won't make him a #1 D

There's a little guy called Hughes in Vancouver that would disagree.

There is no ceiling to Hutson becoming 1D. He can get there.

We also have Reinbacher. So we may have an over-average collective top 4 vs. a star 1D.

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Blue Jackets are motivated to do something big, to make a splash

- 32 thoughts.

Cbus wanted the flyers pick, the flyers 2nd and the avs 1st.

Friedman says there's another team interested in that pick.

Friedman thinks Carolina might be included in this because of Necas

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Will it be a potential 90+ point player? Because that’s who we’d be passing on at 5.
If they pass on Demidov it's because they don't think he's a 90 point guy.

Pronman has compared him to a Lucas Raymond, 70ish point guy. It's fine and we could still use that, but a 1D is better.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hutson...

You are right Guhle will never be #1D, he doesn't have the offense.

He's stronger on the D side vs the offensive side yes. It was like that in the CHL and also at the World Juniors. However, I do wonder about how he rounds his game as he approaches his prime. He is being used 65% on the D side.

5 pts with 1 goal in 9 WC's games. That's pretty solid and his usage might have been different to how the Habs managed him.

Guhle is not done improving yet. We can't say for sure that he can't be a #1D. Some said that towards Suzuki a year or two ago but he improved and now he is considered a fringe #1C IMO.

Hutson doesn't have the D that Guhle has and Guhle doesn't have the offensive Hutson has. Is #1D based on points for you?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Pronman has compared him to a Lucas Raymond, 70ish point guy. It's fine and we could still use that, but a 1D is better.

Except Raymond is about to become a 90 pts guy. People give these examples of players not even in their prime, it's always a bit funny.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The two teams that won the cups in the last two years have acquired star talent other way than drafting them.

I agree with you we need starpower at F but we have to expand the field with our 5th ov, not narrow it to our need.

There is a scenario where we draft our futur best D at 5 and we are in a position to trade top young D for a forward better than what would be available at 5, if Demidov is gone. Double massive upgrade.
Well one acquired Tkachuk by giving up Huberdeau. We don’t have a Huberdeau.

Vegas was given a blank slate to build a team. We don’t have that advantage.

Oh also the added caveat that they don’t have state taxes and have warm weather, so they get players not only that are willing to sign, but willing to take a little less.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like Buium but if they take a LD over Demidov, I will have not have the capacity to understand it.
You will if there is a part B and or C to the selection. HuGo thinks in terms of team not in terms of individuals.
Maybe there is a play for Hutson and believe Buium is the better Dman.

Not to mention every second insider post is totally opposite from the previous one.

Gotta Love it. :laugh:

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Wow I had Silayev and Buium as the 1-2 defenseman in this class and the Habs do to. Pretty crazy, but I love it.

Get a 1D at 5 and use 26 in a package for a forward.
Whoah, I'm just waking up early on the west coast, can you point me towards the info on the Habs liking Silyaev too? Thanks!

Back to page 47 for me!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He's stronger on the D side vs the offensive side yes. It was like that in the CHL and also at the World Juniors. However, I do wonder about how he rounds his game as he approaches his prime. He is being used 65% on the D side.

5 pts with 1 goal in 9 WC's games. That's pretty solid and his usage might have been different to how the Habs managed him.

Guhle is not done improving yet. We can't say for sure that he can't be a #1D. Some said that towards Suzuki a year or two ago but he improved and now he is considered a fringe #1C IMO.

Hutson doesn't have the D that Guhle has and Guhle doesn't have the offensive Hutson has. Is #1D based on points for you?

I didn't say Guhle won't be better at 27, he will be much better.
But Hutson is showing real game breaking flair we haven't seen since Hughes (vancouver). If Reinbacher can bring the D to this duo, watchout, we'll have a Bobby-Orr/Paul Coffee style #1D in Hutson.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Other question, what if MTL passes on a 60-70 point defenseman even if Demidov is a 90 point forward?

My preference is Demidov but if you get a projected number one defenseman, i dont get how people can be so mad

Its a all speculation and will be for years to come. We got some angry people for years at this rate

does any of this rebuild work, no clue, not gonna set the world on fire cause they pass on a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad