GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
That's why they need to add another good 23-25 years old and draft someone who will be on the team next year at the latest.

Who is NHL bound next year? I'm not sure Demidov will be. Silayev either. CHL guys are unlikely. The NCAA guys like Lev and Buium maybe.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Who is NHL bound next year? I'm not sure Demidov will be. Silayev either. CHL guys are unlikely. The NCAA guys like Lev and Buium maybe.
Probably Celebrini and Lev. Outside shot at Lindstrom depending on where he gets drafted, but he did miss a lot of time this year.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Celebrini, Levshunov and Silayev go 1-2-3.

Bettman has a trade to announce : 4th overall for 12th overall, PHI 2025 1st (top 10 protected) and Farabee.

Flyers select Demidov.

(Habs fans in tears, saying that we at least will get Lindstrom).

Habs select Buium.

RUN!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think that Buium could be a true #1D for us

+ If we trade Guhle for someone like Zegras or another young C we would be more solid up the middle.

If you look at cup winners in the past they always have an offensive #1, a true #1 D and a #1 G

We don't have anything close to that in our pipeline
This new hotshot would take about 3 years to have any impact. Ds take time. Not in our window. HuGo’s mandate is to climb up starting this year.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That'd be amazing.

I'd be ok also with somehow getting McGroarty. Not sure it'd require Guhle.

What is great with Zegras is his age would fit perfectly with our forward core... Exact same draft year as Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy...

Don't care much about Zegras, but if we can get out of this draft with McGroarty and one of Demidov/Lindstrom, I would be ecstatic.

Suzuki, Caufield. Slafkovsky, Dach, McGroarty, (Demidov/Lindstrom), Newhook, Roy is enough to build a great top 9.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Hate to be that guy folks, but Pronman has Montreal passing on Demidov at #5 and picking Buium. Demidov falls to #9 OA (!).

Say what you will about Pronman, his last two pre-draft mocks were RIGHT ON the money (predicted Wright falling and Carlsson at #2).

He has ears on the ground. Get prepared.

Screenshot_2024-06-28-08-41-47-267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad