GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Columbus wants Philadelphia's 2025 1st round pick, and minimal protection, which means lottery protection only (top 2). I can't see Flyers doing that since they could definitely suck next year. They have no goaltending and a crap defense.

Columbus has no reason to move back without being guaranteed another top pick next year.
Going to take quite a bit to move from 11 to 5. AVs first wouldn't do it. Unless Konency was in it. But doubt Philly would.

I would call Philly offer 5 for 11, Farabee and Flyers first next year top 5 protected.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The doom bus riders are hilarious

8v92td.jpg

GM, don't be a doomer today.

8va9o9.jpg

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Just booked my flight to Siargao, then Coron and Palawan by early next week! Philippines is amazing. People are great, food is surprisingly excellent, beautiful place all in all.
Makes me want to go. I lived 5 years in Japan, coinciding with my contributions as JapanMontrealExpat, and have been to China, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand. Philippines on my bucket list still.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don't think Gorton would let them do that again. He all but said he wanted Michkov last year and that the staff went with the safe pick and has been saying all along that he wants the most elite level player he can get. To do this two years in a row would be shocking IMO.

No he never said that and he also said that Demidov and Michkov were two different cases in his presser yesterday and it hinted at him not wanting Michkov last season.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Tier 1 is Celebrini; Tier 2 is...; Tier 3 is...

It seems to me Tier 2 has a handful of names (no more than 3, perhaps) and everyone else is in Tier 3 and below. If any player from Tier 2 drops you have to take him no matter his position. To me that LD Silayev for example (but others will have other names in different tiers). But if you're choosing between players in the same perceived tier, then you have to take into account his position.
I see Tier 2 as Bobby Mac’s top 5
…. Minus, for me, Lindstrom because of the injury.

Then it’s 4 D and 4 forwards who could go anywhere.

Reactions: ReHabs

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What could go down is

Guhle traded for Zegras
Habs pick Buium at 5OA

I'd be happy
That'd be amazing.

I'd be ok also with somehow getting McGroarty. Not sure it'd require Guhle.

What is great with Zegras is his age would fit perfectly with our forward core... Exact same draft year as Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy...

Reactions: Milhouse40

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Grant was on the NHL Network on Sirrius the other day with I believe Steve Kouleas and Grant sounded pretty down. Kouleas was complimenting the Recrutes’ draft guide and Grant said this one is probably the last and how hard it is to put it together and I think he mentioned it wasn’t worth the return financially.

I mean, I get it’s tough but man, Grant just killed the vibes on the show and sounded so depressed. I don’t know Kouleas’ reach for this midday show, but I basically switched channels after that.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think a host and guest should project a little more positive energy, even if they have to fake it, to make for better radio.
I think it’s so important to be honest and always true to how you really feel… Just kidding lol.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I'm not liking this talk of trading Guhle. Very shortsighted. He will be a pillar for the team for many years to come.
I think that Buium could be a true #1D for us

+ If we trade Guhle for someone like Zegras or another young C we would be more solid up the middle.

If you look at cup winners in the past they always have an offensive #1, a true #1 D and a #1 G

We don't have anything close to that in our pipeline

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
You'd be happy to restart the rebuild??

Buium is not playing the NHL in his draft year.
Buium 100% gets a few games at the end of next season to burn his first ELC and steps into the line up full time in 2025-2026.

The kid already won everything there was to win at the college level as a draft eligible freshman, for godsake.

He doesn't have much more to learn.

Makar 2.0 kind of situation.

If by some kind if miracle we made the playoffs he'd step in no problem like Makar did. No AHL for that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia