GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Raymond basically carried the Wings to the playoffs. He's underrated.

Underrated to only some fans though. I liked Raymond a lot pre draft and he's been developing well in the NHL. He's got to improve his 200 game though.

90+ potential in the future? Possible but hard to know where he tops out at.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I didn't say Guhle won't be better at 27, he will be much better.
But Hutson is showing real game breaking flair we haven't seen since Hughes (vancouver). If Reinbacher can bring the D to this duo, watchout, we'll have a Bobby-Orr/Paul Coffee style #1D in Hutson.

I evaluate it a bit differently. A #1D for me is strong at both ends.

Only 2 NHL games and it's early but Hutson's turnovers/60 is already very high. When you evaluate him, evaluate him on both sides.

Reactions: SnapVirus

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Top defense prospects:
David Reinbacher
Lane Hutson
Logan Mailloux
Adam Engstrom
Bogdan Konyushkov

Top forward prospects:
Joshua Roy
Owen Beck
Sean Farrell
Filip Mesar
In an ideal world, we still are missing : one PPG forward ; another top6 forward ; a number 1 dman (top15 league wide) ; number 1 goalie (except if Fowler can keep growing and become one).

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I'd move him for 3rd overall and only for 3rd overall.
For what? Short of Celebrini, who is a safest pick to help this team during Suzuki/Caufield window than Ghule. We don’t know how this year D from the draft will project compared to Ghule, we might just shoot ourselves in the foot by going backward in the rebuild if we move him.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Top defense prospects:
David Reinbacher
Lane Hutson
Logan Mailloux
Adam Engstrom
Bogdan Konyushkov

Top forward prospects:
Joshua Roy
Owen Beck
Sean Farrell
Filip Mesar

Oh darling. All these Ds have top 4 potential, none of these forwards have top 6 potential (except maybe Roy or Mesar later).

Engstrom is so underrated here.

We need 2 top 10 forwards asap.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
For what? Short of Celebrini, who is a safest pick to help this team during Suzuki/Caufield window than Ghule. We don’t know how this year D from the draft will project compared to Ghule, we might just shoot ourselves in the foot by going backward in the rebuild if we move him.

Draft Demidov at 3 and Iginla at 5

We can afford to lose Guhle given our depth. I believe he will self-destruct with injuries post 28 years old. People who don't want to trade Guhle don't know Engstrom...........

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I guess the kids didn’t watch the playoffs much, where NO kiddos on the blue made an impact. Reality check: teams win with Ds that are closer to the 27-30 year old window. Ds take time to mature and understand the game.

If we trade Ghule because we are drafting a 18 year old and thus it makes Ghule expendable, it will just put this org back 3-4 years. It won’t happen, unless we find IMMEDIATE replacement.

From now on, all trades will be hockey related. The tanking is over.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Buium 100% gets a few games at the end of next season to burn his first ELC and steps into the line up full time in 2025-2026.

The kid already won everything there was to win at the college level as a draft eligible freshman, for godsake.

He doesn't have much more to learn.

Makar 2.0 kind of situation.

If by some kind if miracle we made the playoffs he'd step in no problem like Makar did. No AHL for that kid.
Makar?? No seriously.. he's not that good.

He's going to do exactly the same as Hutson, which means D+2. He burns a year like Hutson yes, but we'll be waiting close to 2 seasons for his input with a defense that's going to look like mush... No changes from last season.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
In an ideal world, we still are missing : one PPG forward ; another top6 forward ; a number 1 dman (top15 league wide) ; number 1 goalie (except if Fowler can keep growing and become one).

So your saying, we are missing more than just a star winger? 3rd rebuild draft.

I guess im not shocked

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
There is not a single reason to get up in arms about this years pick like last year unless we pass on Demidov , just enjoy the night boys , hell maybe we get an exciting trade
People act like passing on their guy, who mind you, has never played an NHL game, is like passing on McDavid. PEOPLE ARE CRAZIER THAN EVER.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Makar?? No seriously.. he's not that good.

He's going to do exactly the same as Hutson, which means D+2. He burns a year like Hutson yes, but we'll be waiting close to 2 seasons for his input with a defense that's going to look like mush... No changes from last season.
if Hutson was 6'0 there would be no talk of drafting Buium...strange.

Reactions: vokiel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad