GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I didn't say Guhle won't be better at 27, he will be much better.
But Hutson is showing real game breaking flair we haven't seen since Hughes (vancouver). If Reinbacher can bring the D to this duo, watchout, we'll have a Bobby-Orr/Paul Coffee style #1D in Hutson.

Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey were two of the greatest skaters in NHL history. Stop.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Trading Guhle and not replacing him would be stupid. We have no one to replace him.

What do you mean replacing him, he's already.

And how do you plan on replacing Ghule?
Engstrom next year, already replaced, we don't need to replace Guhle for next season, we need to play Hutson.

Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey were two of the greatest skaters in NHL history. Stop.

And Hutson isn't? Do you even have eyes?

In this scenario - This is 2024-2025.

Matheson - Savard
Hutson - Kovasevic
Struble - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Reinbacher

We can get some Ds again next year (2 1st rounder right now, likely 4 with Matheson/Savard sell trades) to finish the rebuild and address any issues there, the forward crop will be sufficient assuming we have Demidov and Iginla.

This is the year after

Hutson - Reinbacher
Engstrom - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Struble

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
What would everyone’s impression be if we took Buium even if Demidov was available?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

Engstrom next year, already replaced, we don't need to replace Guhle for next season, we need to play Hutson.

Engstrom? You’re f****** with me right?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

We don’t have a Guhle-ready defenceman right now in our pool. We would need to find one.

Hutson is a suspect, until he proves himself in the show. You want this org to stay mediocre for the next 5 years? Because that is how long it takes for Ds to mature and undertand this league.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's currently.

Drafting on need is how we ended up with Chucky & KK.

We can always trade some young D for young forwards, like what Anaheim did with Drysdale.

Yeah, you just need a top 5 pick to get pissed off, tell the team that drafted them that they won't sign with them and then have that player want to specifically play in your market (not Canada).

We couldn't make the Gauthier trade even if we wanted to.

The chances of being able to flip a defenseman for an equivalent forward is low. It happens like once every 5 years.

Reactions: habsfan891

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That's currently.

Drafting on need is how we ended up with Chucky & KK.

We can always trade some young D for young forwards, like what Anaheim did with Drysdale.
Galchenyuk and KK were drafting for a specific position. Forward isn’t handcuffing you.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Before the draft...just before we accuse of being mad regardless of the pick...lol...

1. I will hate the pick at 5 if we go: Silyaev, Parekh and Eiserman
  2. I will love any of those 3 if: we can trade up and pick them 10-15..
  3. I will not like it if we pick: Anybody while Demidov is still there
  4. I will be fine if we pick: Iginla if Demidov and Lindstrom are out
  5. I will like it if we pick: Buium or Dickinson
  6. I will less like if we pick Buium or Dickinson if Demidov is still there...
  7. I will love it if we pick: Demidov
  8. I will be in waiting mode if we pick: Sennecke

Finally...I would LOVE it while everybody else will HATE it but I KNOW it will never happen if....we move up and pick up....TREVOR CONNELLY!

I made a couple of adjustments to my final list...lol....I had to get Vanacker in. And move down Mustard. Sorry Howe....but you are still in my HM!

Top 32

HM (I understand that quite a few of my HM might not even be picked till mid-rounds. Still, I like them...lol)

Favorite overager

Favorite goalie

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I do, and I'm sure you do as well, but if you get too used to rose-colored glasses you might forget you're still wearing them after awhile. ;)

Even with worse skating technology at the time, Coffey and Orr stood out amongst the pack. Hutson is great at deceiving opponents with shiftiness and head fakes, but let's not pretend his overall skating ability is elite.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Capture d’écran 2024-06-28 091134.png

Have we passed on Demidov yet?

04vtsocyvpi81.jpg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Crazy hypothetical-
Bedard tells management that he loved playing with Joshua Roy at the WJC and hints that the Hawks should trade #2 for #5 and Roy....do you do it?

• Haha
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I do, and I'm sure you do as well, but if you get too used to rose-colored glasses you might forget you're still wearing them after awhile. ;)

Even with worse skating technology at the time, Coffey and Orr stood out amongst the pack. Hutson is great at deceiving opponents with shiftiness and head fakes, but let's not pretend his overall skating ability is elite.

Hutson shiftiness isn't something outside his mobility, it's part of it.

Reactions: Tyson

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In the end, it's about the construction of a team. If they end up picking Buium while passing on Demidov, for the draft itself, and that's coming from a guy who has Buium at 5....I will be sad.

But then, if they are somehwat able to transform that D by moving parts...and acquire either more 1st rounders picks or 19-22 year old forwards that will play top 6 role....and eventually they'll succeed...who will care who they pick.....

But for everybody,s patience, it needs to happen around the same time. You cannot think that picking Buium instead of Demidov will be fine if in 2 years you acquire a kid....

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
People act like passing on their guy, who mind you, has never played an NHL game, is like passing on McDavid. PEOPLE ARE CRAZIER THAN EVER.
All the "Demidov/Iginla/etc will be a 90 pts player" are just people putting their wish for an elite forward into one of the prospect. If any of the kids were actually projected to be 90 pts players (or #1 D), they would be in talk for #1/consensus at #2.

Instead nobody really knows the order kids will go starting with #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad