GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Who’s the safest high floor low ceiling player with the right character, attitude and plays the right way? Just so I can set myself up for early disappointment

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not trying to start anything, but to those of you who scoff at the idea of Michkov being a 90+ forward since he wouldn’t be available at 5 if that was the case, why isn’t the same being said for Demidov?

That's the typical case of not seeing him that much.....the more Fans sees prospect, the more they sees their flaws, the less they them him, the more perfect they are. That was true for Michkov and Demidov for the exact same reasons

This is the whole thing about prospect, uncertainty = potentiel

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not trying to start anything, but to those of you who scoff at the idea of Michkov being a 90+ forward since he wouldn’t be available at 5 if that was the case, why isn’t the same being said for Demidov?
Because NHL coaches won’t tolerate cherry pickers who are not renowned for 200ft compete - Gorton said it again yesterday, Michkov & Demidov are two different players.

Every talking head has been pretty aligned - Demigod is competitive on the forecheck & backcheck.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think Gorton would let them do that again. He all but said he wanted Michkov last year and that the staff went with the safe pick and has been saying all along that he wants the most elite level player he can get. To do this two years in a row would be shocking IMO.

I'd be fine with it IF they ended up trading for two top 6, young, core forwards to round out the lineup. But Buium alone without adding more forward help makes zero sense.
When Hughes got here , he and Gorton talked about how having a winning team was important but they thought having an exciting team to watch was also important because its entertainment.

Gorton said last night its all about BPA but to me that moves around based on your inputs. If you give 20 points for size, 20 for skating and 20 for skill you get a different BPA than if you go 10 for size and 25 each for skating and skill.

We need elite puck skills and moves. Think Kovalev. I know we wont get Kovalev, but we need a guy that can break apart a defence on the cycle, and thereby the PP. I know we need a lot of things but if Demidov has that level of skill and all the other offensive tools, then he is BPA and then I will be pissed if we take Player A who is BPA with an explanation.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In the end, it's about the construction of a team. If they end up picking Buium while passing on Demidov, for the draft itself, and that's coming from a guy who has Buium at 5....I will be sad.

But then, if they are somehwat able to transform that D by moving parts...and acquire either more 1st rounders picks or 19-22 year old forwards that will play top 6 role....and eventually they'll succeed...who will care who they pick.....

But for everybody,s patience, it needs to happen around the same time. You cannot think that picking Buium instead of Demidov will be fine if in 2 years you acquire a kid....
It’s not an “if they are able to transform D into forward”. They HAVE to. We will just end up like the 2014 Habs but no Carey Price.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So your saying, we are missing more than just a star winger? 3rd rebuild draft.

I guess im not shocked
We are certainly two top end forwards away and maybe a big center if Dach breaks again.
Our D seems solid but is still performing like a bottom dwelling Defense.
Our PK and role players are horrendous and as someone pointed out recently this may be the weakest bottom 9 they've ever seen.
That's saying a lot because the Man is older than me. :laugh:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
That's the typical case of not seeing him that much.....the more Fans sees prospect, the more they sees their flaws, the less they them him, the more perfect they are. That was true for Michkov and Demidov for the exact same reasons

This is the whole thing about prospect, uncertainty = potentiel
I don't understand this , all of Michkovs and Demidovs games can be watched live just as much as any other prospect in the world....... I guess if you are talking about live in person sure since they are in Russia, but most fans who watch prospects don't do so live , I don't see the difference between watching a KHL/MHL game or a liiga or SHL game , its all available online. There is no barrier to watching these russian kids any more than any other Euro prospect

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Because NHL coaches won’t tolerate cherry pickers who are not renowned for 200ft compete - Gorton said it again yesterday, Michkov & Demidov are two different players.

Every talking head has been pretty aligned - Demigod is competitive on the forecheck & backcheck.
So if Demidov is vastly superior than Michkov, why would he even be discussed at 5? Should be a no brainer at 1/2.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Michkov has to bust because people were talking some mess about him last year. Also, Dwmidov has to be better than Michkov, it's a whole thing.

What's really going to happen is we're going to draft Buium who will be an all timer. That will cause hfhabs to finally disintegrate. We'll all just go our separate ways.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Sorry but this is not a blue line that is progressing.

Hutson, Reinbacher and Mailloux are the real key pieces that need to progress. And Strube/Xhekaj are still progressing in that time so we have 5 progressing players and Engstrom potentially being a 6th there. How's that not progressing?

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Hawks fans are furious on their boards and they almost all want Demidov because they think Levsh is vanilla. Cant wait to see how tonight unfold. But it all depends on the Hawks pick. If they got with Demidov, CLB is taking Lindstrom. Its wide open for us, are we grabbing a forward or a dman? It will be exciting, but clearer after number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad