GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Michkov has to bust because people were talking some mess about him last year. Also, Dwmidov has to be better than Michkov, it's a whole thing.

What's really going to happen is we're going to draft Buium who will be an all timer. That will cause hfhabs to finally disintegrate. We'll all just go our separate ways.

As long as haluat mennä klubille #wolfpackin kanssa

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The Ducks seem to like Silayev and Sennecke @ 3 so if the Flyers did trade up to 4th, to get their pick of either Demidov or Lindstrom @ 4, the smart move for the Ducks would be to call up the Habs and offer to swap the 3rd and 5th picks for maybe the 26th and whatever else and they would still likely get their pick of either Silayev or Sennecke @ 5.

Hope it doesn't come to that scenario though and CBJ keeps saying no to trading their 4th pick to the Flyers. Rather the Habs use that 26th pick for a different trade or just keep it and use it.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So teams will take a vastly inferior player over the 2way competitive beast 90+point player just because he’s a winger? Yeah right

Also we praised Michkov for his compete last year so not sure why you’re making stuff up.
Who said that - there isn’t much separating players projected to go 2-12 it’s about stylistic preference

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
We may be the first team in NHL history to roll with 12 D and 6 forwards
Yes but we are still missing a number one d. We cant say how much we need forwards more than defenceman, but at the end of the day, a championship team always have a top15 dman and a bunch of top6 forwards. SO even if we end up picking a dman, its not a bad draft, if that player become a top dman. We just need to adress our top6 afterward, through trades. Because we are missing two top6 forward, and one of them should be a PPG.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Blue Jackets are motivated to do something big, to make a splash

- 32 thoughts.

Cbus wanted the flyers pick, the flyers 2nd and the avs 1st.

Friedman says there's another team interested in that pick.

Friedman thinks Carolina might be included in this because of Necas
We want Columbus making that pick, to save us from a potential mistake. Historically they have whiffed on a lot of top 10 picks
2003 Zherdev 4OA
2004 Alex picard 8OA
2005 Gilbert Brule 6OA
2006 Derrick Brassard 6 OA okay but no Home run pick
2008 Filatov 6OA
2012 Ryan Murray 2OA
2016 PLD 3OA

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
So teams will take a vastly inferior player over the 2way competitive beast 90+point player just because he’s a winger? Yeah right

Also we praised Michkov for his compete last year so not sure why you’re making stuff up.
Leon Draisailt was available but let me tell you , we really needed a player like Adam Lowry for his 200 foot game. He also goes to church and he's a good boy who help to clean the school every day , with karakter

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The optimism on Slafkovsky is based on a great half season when most games didn't mean anything. Can we just wait a full year?

As far as Guhle is concerned, he's a guy who's playing a role way too big for his abilities, and who had a lot of trouble early last season before being put with Savard to stabilize his game. The very fact he's a reason why this fanbase is positive about where things are going is saying more about the quantity of kool-aid being drank by our fans than it says about Guhle's actual potential. This is a guy with very little offensive abilities who, frankly, is a good second pairing D but far from being a core player.

As for Suzuki, the only thing I'm seeing is that he's entering his prime with this team nowhere near competitive enough to make the most of it.

That's a lot of optimism based on, honestly, no tangible results or improvement.

I mean, the bar has been set so low that we're all, unanimously optimistic because our 1st overall pick had a 50 points sophomore season and that one of our young Ds don't look absolutely terrible?

Come on... This rebuild is not going anywhere so far. The only "core pieces" that were added by this management excluding the draft are, thus far, guys who have yet to get a 40 points season.

Slaf & young players doing well: wow, can we wait before passing judgment

Rebuild: it’s not going anywhere !!!

Ok

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Makes me want to go. I lived 5 years in Japan, coinciding with my contributions as JapanMontrealExpat, and have been to China, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand. Philippines on my bucket list still.
Do it!

I visited Tokyo a couple months back. Quite nice, but I wasn't feeling myself. I want to see more of Japan. I spent 3 weeks in Taipei years ago and loved it. Thailand for 6 weeks across two trips now, and it's good. Singapore... Would be nice to live like a peasant if I made $100k a year. Mainland China is on my list. Was supposed to move to Xinjiang many years ago, but didn't follow through when my visa took too long.

Philippines is a great place to visit. Easy, great people, affordable. I'm most surprised by the food being good - I expected bad things. For coffee though, nothing compares to Vietnam. It was... *chefs kiss*

• Love
Reactions: Benstheman

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't understand this , all of Michkovs and Demidovs games can be watched live just as much as any other prospect in the world....... I guess if you are talking about live in person sure since they are in Russia, but most fans who watch prospects don't do so live , I don't see the difference between watching a KHL/MHL game or a liiga or SHL game , its all available online. There is no barrier to watching these russian kids any more than any other Euro prospect

It's not that......Did we saw Michkov or Demidov against other top prospects of their age?
Nope we didn't.

If Demidov would've played at the WJC and put up a 5 points in 7 games, no one would pretend he's the next 100+ points player, but if he would've put up 14pts in 7 games, then it's another story.........but since no one could see this, he's by default a 100+ points NHL player.

We all see the Demidov highlights on video but we all saw him making those highlights playing in probably the weakest league in the world for a junior

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Must be the best draft class in the history of all of sports if a 2way 90+point player is pretty much interchangeable with the 12th overall pick.
2-12 being in the same ballpark is just Copium , some guys will obviously become better than guys picked before them , its a crapshoot , gotta pick the right kid is all.

Reactions: habsfan891

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Slaf & young players doing well: wow, can we wait before passing judgment

Rebuild: it’s not going anywhere !!!

Ok

The guy on your avatar has yet to score 40 points in a season. Yet he's the most important non-draft acquisition we made in this rebuild.

We're literally drinking copium kool-aid if you genuinely think what these guys are doing it out of the ordinary. There's no path in which we become a top-tier team with a core that consists of the guys we currently have in the organization.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
When Hughes got here , he and Gorton talked about how having a winning team was important but they thought having an exciting team to watch was also important because its entertainment.

Gorton said last night its all about BPA but to me that moves around based on your inputs. If you give 20 points for size, 20 for skating and 20 for skill you get a different BPA than if you go 10 for size and 25 each for skating and skill.

We need elite puck skills and moves. Think Kovalev. I know we wont get Kovalev, but we need a guy that can break apart a defence on the cycle, and thereby the PP. I know we need a lot of things but if Demidov has that level of skill and all the other offensive tools, then he is BPA and then I will be pissed if we take Player A who is BPA with an explanation.
I agree and that's what he said last year before the draft as well and the staff all wanted Reinbacher. That's why I'd be surprised if they didn't swing the bat this year and go for that elite level player they desperately need.

Reactions: yianik

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Must be the best draft class in the history of all of sports if a 2way 90+point player is pretty much interchangeable with the 12th overall pick.
It could very well be that not one of the players projected to go 2-12 will end up being more than a borderline top-6 F / top-4D…you know that right? They all have flaws, so not sure where this guaranteed 90+ pts player comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad