GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hutson, Reinbacher and Mailloux are the real key pieces that need to progress. And Strube/Xhekaj are still progressing in that time so we have 5 progressing players and Engstrom potentially being a 6th there. How's that not progressing?
Because this is a ‘learning on the fly again’ crew. This is NOT a squad that will be progressing NEXT SEASON for a place closer to the playoffs window. And this is what HuGo want.
This, again, is a tank-bound crew.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
They have a 7-11 on the other side of the planet?
Buddy, Asia is where 7-eleven truly thrives. Nothing like we have in Canada. So much better. I occasionally rock my 7-eleven tank top still. When staff wouldn't sell me beer at like 8:07pm (stop at 8:00pm) in Malaysia I tried to say "but I'm staff". The guy basically just asked me to leave. Fortunately Circle K followed through like champs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
So if Demidov is vastly superior than Michkov, why would he even be discussed at 5? Should be a no brainer at 1/2.
We don't know exactly when Demidov will go but Michkov went 7th (not 5th). I strongly believe he should have gone later and that the Flyers erred in passing on Leonard who is a far better North American style player.

In any event, you can't compare #5 in one draft vs #5 in another draft (even though Michkov went 7th). Last year's draft didn't have six D of this calibre.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah I get that. It's also a reason why you don't want Guhle or Xhekaj traded right now. I can't imagine Hutson having to play 20+ minutes a game and get pounded without the team having any kind of answer.
Availability has value we should all know and understand this lesson.
Like it or not Lane Hutson is frail for an NHL caliber defenseman.
He will take his knocks and how he responds to an 82 game schedule is anyone's guess.
A big strapping Guy like Struble hit a wall a one point The jump to pro is hard and heavy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I was just about to say to stop panicking about Pronman's mock draft...and then I went back and saw last year...The guy was right till Simashev. So he seems connected at least for the top 5. Still he missed Nemec at Jersey in 2022. So it still could go either way.

Again, passing on Demidov for Buium...that will be tough on the management. Again. 2 years in a row. I love Buium. I love Demidov more. It won't be a bad pick. Don't think it's the best pick...but we will end up LOVING Buium. I'm just sure of that.

Reactions: bopeep

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Is Pronman accurate every year?

Passing on Michkov and Demidov back to back would be insane.

Not really, but he has a good feel to it....I remember he had Salfkovsky going 1st but had Jiricek going 2nd, but he did had Wright falling to 4.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Watch, they’ll pick Buium but have a trade for Necas or Farabee to still come out with a top 6.

Get ready folks.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The rumbles about the Habs being very interested in Buium started a while ago...it's not really a surprise.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Because this is a ‘learning on the fly again’ crew. This is NOT a squad that will be progressing NEXT SEASON for a place closer to the playoffs window. And this is what HuGo want.
This, again, is a tank-bound crew.

Not if we add two good forwards it's not. Guhle is injured at least 20 games per season.

Our tanking problem in the last 2 years was not the D. It was the disastrous forward group. With Dach coming back, adding another 23-25 forward with top 6 potential, adding a few pieces, this forward group is progressing beyond being a tank by default.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
My very poor opinion as someone who hasn't seen the majority of these players play is that if Demidov isn't available we should be taking one of the defenders or trade back

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
It’s hilarious to go RD in a F heavy draft and then LD in the next draft while you’ve desperately needed a game-breaking F for years and years and years and have an over abundance of LDs.

I hope to see how they dig themselves out of the hole.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
The more I look at it the more I hope we trade up from 57 to at least 45.

There's a definite tier drop around there, and it seems more and more unlikely someone I like actually falls to 57.

57 to me feels closer to the 3rd round picks we have in quality (70 or 78) than to the mid 2nd.

Reactions: bopeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad