GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We don't know exactly when Demidov will go but Michkov went 7th (not 5th). I strongly believe he should have gone later and that the Flyers erred in passing on Leonard who is a far better North American style player.

In any event, you can't compare #5 in one draft vs #5 in another draft (even though Michkov went 7th). Last year's draft didn't have six D of this calibre.
Don’t see why where Michkov went has any relevance to what I said. The argument was that Michkov would be going 2nd overall if he was actually that good, so why shouldn’t Demidov undoubtedly go 1/2 if he’s much better than Michkov based on the same argument?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That was part of my original post that your replied to before lying about how we didn’t like Michkovs compete level
Who is we? All the talking heads from Bobby Mac to Basu said undeniable offensive prowess but scouta had questions about Michkov’s 200-ft game and compete without the puck. Not sure why you’re getting all worked up.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So if Demidov is vastly superior than Michkov, why would he even be discussed at 5? Should be a no brainer at 1/2.

Just like Michkov, aren't people scared mostly because he plays in Russia? I don't know them personally, but I love Demidov's interviews. He seems more likeable, especially considering Michkov's alleged demands. Both are very, very high end prospects of course. I've heard many say if Demidov played in N/A that he'd be the #2 prospect. That purely speculation of course.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If that could help, Buium shot from +1200 to +500 for the 5th overall pick in betting last night
But the biggest jump is at 3rd overall for Buium who went from +2000 to +500 in that 24hrs

1719582967136.png

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Don’t see why where Michkov went has any relevance to what I said. The argument was that Michkov would be going 2nd overall if he was actually that good, so why shouldn’t Demidov undoubtedly go 1/2 if he’s much better than Michkov based on the same argument?
here’s the reason in a nutshell from Pronman’s latest article:

as one NHL scout put it, “I would bet for at least half the league, they don’t have Levshunov/Demidov 2/3 on their list in some order.” That’s not a criticism of Chicago, it’s just the wide open nature of the top of the draft class, in that if the team order were different, the group of players being discussed would change notably (I’ve talked to at least one team that doesn’t have either player in their top five).

Then there’s the GM / management philosophy aspect at play: little ball of hate likes meat & potatoes in your face players like he was, and Ducks haven’t drafted those types recently (that’s not Madden Jr’s stylistic type of prospect)… I would be shocked if Ana doesn’t take Silayev

Whereas Stevie Y / Danny Briere played hopscotch hockey and they value similar types of players

So when each talks BPA, without a unanimous McDavid type available it’s wide open to interpretation based on personal biases

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
To be clear I'm not TRYING to trade Guhle, it's the opposite. I'm saying I'd only trade Guhle for Demidov knowing that we have a lot more options to get a LD than to get a player like Demidov over the next 4-5 years.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
The rumbles about the Habs being very interested in Buium started a while ago...it's not really a surprise.

It's not a surprise. That being said, Martin Lapointe was on the record saying that the plethora of D-man available would make forwards slide down to the Habs... It's hard to reconcile what Lapointe and Hughes have said and for them to pick a D-man, especially when we are starving for elite offensive talent.​

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Top defense prospects:
David Reinbacher
Lane Hutson
Logan Mailloux
Adam Engstrom
Bogdan Konyushkov

Top forward prospects:
Joshua Roy
Owen Beck
Sean Farrell
Filip Mesar
Either they find a way to get McGroarty or they pick a F with the 5th, no matter what.

That depth cannot be ignored.

Reactions: sampollock

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So if Demidov is vastly superior than Michkov, why would he even be discussed at 5? Should be a no brainer at 1/2.
He should. I have him at 2. But teams who put their job at risk will try to sell the fact that they haven't been able to see him live. That the league he played in is weak. And that no matter all of this, the guy they will pick, will be great. Or that, like Hughes did last year, that the NEED surpass the BPA if a team goes let say Levshunov...righty D.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not if we add two good forwards it's not. Guhle is injured at least 20 games per season.

Our tanking problem in the last 2 years was not the D. It was the disastrous forward group. With Dach coming back, adding another 23-25 forward with top 6 potential, adding a few pieces, this forward group is progressing beyond being a tank by default.
He’s injured because he’s over-utilized in defensive assignations because we have nobody else. If he leaves, who will fill the load? It takes about five years for Ds to learn how to play with the big boys. Unless we replace Guhle with an experienced D, it’s a great recipe for disaster.

We’ll never agree here. So enough for me. Enjoy your draft, man. Prolly our last ‘exciting’ one in years.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Zeev Buium went from +1200 to +500 in 24hours.....although at this point Lindstrom and Demidov still favourite

View attachment 888487

Simply means money has flowed into Buium name. At +1200, the money pool was probably very thin and a couple of bet may have been enough to move it to +500.

Dont think there is much more to be drawn from it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Based on my conversations, I believe Chicago will take Levshunov 2nd, Anaheim will take Zeev Buium 3rd, Cayden Lindstrom will go to the Columbus Blue Jackets 4th and then Demidov will fall to the Montreal Canadiens” - Jeff Marek
It's kinda weird that Buium is raising so much. He was at like 8, then everyone is saying MTL at #5 and now at 3rd...Look at him being taken #1 oa at this point. :sarcasm:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Not if we add two good forwards it's not. Guhle is injured at least 20 games per season.

Our tanking problem in the last 2 years was not the D. It was the disastrous forward group. With Dach coming back, adding another 23-25 forward with top 6 potential, adding a few pieces, this forward group is progressing beyond being a tank by default.
'' with Dach coming back''

for how many games? bro is made of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad