Prospect Info: Rutger McGroarty, 2022 NHL Draft, #14 Overall

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Didn't read the article but I'll give my opinion on it anyway lol

I find that Murat (as well as more than a handful of posters on here) make these types of proclamations less as fans and reporters and more as "this is my opinion of how things should be done based on my zero experience in hockey at any level"

I've heard Murat ask more than a couple of stupid questions where Bones or Chevy have had to gently correct him with an amused little smirk that says to me "cute question, but it obviously shows that you have no idea what you're talking about". A good example was at the end of last season when he asked Bones about Ehlers ice time and Bones answers by asking Murat whether he was looking at TOI or the number of shifts. Of course Murat was using TOI, whereas Bones was like "listen, he had the same number of shifts as everyone else, he just comes off early" lol

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don't think you know what stalking is... had that person who posted it went thru all his likes to see this then yes, that would be stalking, but opening up a winnipeg jets post and seeing who liked it is not stalking...
It's cool (backs away slowly... notifying the authorities)

Didn't read the article but I'll give my opinion on it anyway lol

I find that Murat (as well as more than a handful of posters on here) make these types of proclamations less as fans and reporters and more as "this is my opinion of how things should be done based on my zero experience in hockey at any level"

I've heard Murat ask more than a couple of stupid questions where Bones or Chevy have had to gently correct him with an amused little smirk that says to me "cute question, but it obviously shows that you have no idea what you're talking about". A good example was at the end of last season when he asked Bones about Ehlers ice time and Bones answers by asking Murat whether he was looking at TOI or the number of shifts. Of course Murat was using TOI, whereas Bones was like "listen, he had the same number of shifts as everyone else, he just comes off early" lol
I mean Bones answer was pretty bogus. And you can't comment on an article that you didn't bother reading haha

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
The experiences of Heinola, Stanley and McGroarty are fundamentally different.

Stanley would be very lucky to have gotten any opportunity with any other team given what he's shown. That he's even on an NHL roster is frankly amazing. If his camp thinks he's being held back in WPG, they are drunk.

We can pull out like 15 quotes from McGroarty in the last few months about how happy he was that the Jets werent pressuring him to leave college and told him to focus on a championship and they'd do business after the season. We have 4-5 UFA wingers in the next year and lots of room on the team for prospects who earn a spot.

Heinola, you can put a legitimate case for poor development and bad luck.

Murat should not be writing articles supporting any of McGroarty's nonsense in the middle of a negotiation. If he wants to use prospects to support a narrative, it needs to be balanced - Heinola (bad) vs Scheifele, Lowry, Copp, Trouba, Morrissey, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, Connor, Laine, etc etc etc (good).
nice hot take; i don't believe you've actually read Murat's
piece, or maybe you skimmed over the Scheifele/Connor/Ehlers part lol

Reactions: Stumbledore

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It's cool (backs away slowly... notifying the authorities)

I mean Bones answer was pretty bogus. And you can't comment on an article that you didn't bother reading haha
What should Bones do? Keep sending Ehlers out there until his TOI is equal to everyone else's? He sent him over the boards as many times as anyone else

How many times have I said on here to posters that there are factors that go into decisions that the org makes that they're unaware of... but it's OK to comment on those decisions apparently.

In other words, commenting on things without having all the info is what we do on here. And I don't comment on the article specifically, but his takes in general

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What should Bones do? Keep sending Ehlers out there until his TOI is equal to everyone else's? He sent him over the boards as many times as anyone else

How many times have I said on here to posters that there are factors that go into decisions that the org makes that they're unaware of... but it's OK to comment on those decisions apparently.

In other words, commenting on things without having all the info is what we do on here. And I don't comment on the article specifically, but his takes in general
Dude I am not stepping back into your insane anti-ehlers advanced stats campaign... we can talk about it next season

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Dude I am not stepping back into your insane anti-ehlers advanced stats campaign... we can talk about it next season
This has nothing to do with Ehelrs or stats. And for the record (for the 47th time), I'm not "anti" either one. At this point you're just trolling me lol... which is fine. But you can do better

Reactions: Stumbledore

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Who is he suppose to replace? Barron? Appleton? Especially since Lambert and Chibrikov both are further than McG in their development.

If he blows them away at Training Camp - sure okay. But that is part of the entire argument to begin with. If he earns it, okay. But you can't gift him a spot. Who do you want to take out of the lineup for him without having him played for even one minute on NHL ice? What If he doesn't win a spot in camp since he refuses to play any games in the AHL?
Iafallo, Baron, Gustafsson or Fjallby. I personally think he is currently better suited for the NHL than Lambert or Chibrokov. I'm sure others disagree.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I don't know what makes people think Lambert and Chibrikov are more developed than McGroarty. I mean, they might be, or not. He might be more NHL ready than they are. We don't have any direct comparison data.

He could replace Barron, or Appleton, or Iafallo, or even Ehlers if he won't extend. Not saying we should give him one of those spots. But there is room if Jets wanted him on the roster.
He has to be open to not making the team if he can’t beat out those players and needs ahl development. He apparently isn’t.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He has to be open to not making the team if he can’t beat out those players and needs ahl development. He apparently isn’t.

Sure. But that is not what I was talking about. I'm just questioning the assumption that Lambert and Chibrikov are somehow more NHL ready than McGroarty is. I don't see any basis for that.

Reactions: Bigfish

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Iafallo, Baron, Gustafsson or Fjallby. I personally think he is currently better suited for the NHL than Lambert or Chibrokov. I'm sure others disagree.
I disagree. But am open to the fact I could be wrong and wouldn’t be surprised.

Personally I think Rutger would not be able to keep up with the speed of the game. And nothing from his time in NCAA would address that imo. Playing with men And big bodies for sure. But even then, the league is light on the contact.

Reactions: Aries56

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Sure. But that is not what I was talking about. I'm just questioning the assumption that Lambert and Chibrikov are somehow more NHL ready than McGroarty is. I don't see any basis for that.
Oh sorry, lol. I suppose I jumped in the middle of a convo and offered up an irrelevant opinion. Lol. Sorry!

To your point though, they’ve played an nhl game successfully and scored a point each!
In your face Rutger!

Hard to say one way or the other. I am more confident in those two as they have been part of the jets development system and grown within it. I think that favours them over Rutger.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe he is being a professional throughout this process. Maybe he will end up signing with the team?

Some here have speculated that someone in his 'camp' has gotten to him. A family advisor (agent) or family member or a friend has put a bug in his ear. Seeing what Gauthier did plus seeing some teammates jump straight into the NHL, combined with some trusted person talking to him, has led him down this path. But his heart may not really be in it. The door might be open, just a crack, to mend the relationship. The problem there is that Jets representatives are not allowed to speak to him directly. The person they would need to go through might be the same person who is advising him to refuse to sign.

still shows he liked it for me...

Someone told him to unlike it. Well, someone might have. :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well then get your ass to camp and show everyone this. I would love to see him become a regular on the Jets but gifting him a spot when other guys will be here busting their ass's trying to actually win a spot isn't ok. Don't you think that would rub some of the guys the wrong way? Again we aren't talking about a 1st overall draft pick here.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I am confused how one can just assume McG > Barron/Iafallo/Appleton. Based on what? Playing good (not necessarily outstanding) on a WJC gold medal team? Producing and playing well (nothing crazy though) on a good NCAA Team?

How many players do you think achieved those exact things before turning pro... And never achieving anything on the NHL level. Like not even play 50 games? And that is already worth playing over Barron or Iafallo?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I also think people seem to be looking at his name and not realizing that he has grown up in rural Manitoba, playing hockey all his life.
I was under the impression he was from the Lac du Bonnet area and might have played some low level/beer league

In case that was directed at me

I remember his little video he made when he got the gig at the Athletic

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Not really going to waste my time following this player. At least Trouba,Kane,Roslovic played hard for the Jets and put in a Jets uniform when they demanded a trade
This dude doesn’t even want to try

If ever makes it the NHL I’m booing this guy if he comes to winnipeg to play a game.
Anyone that thinks he going to sign with Jets is dreaming

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I was under the impression he was from the Lac du Bonnet area and might have played some low level/beer league

In case that was directed at me

I remember his little video he made when he got the gig at the Athletic
not directed at you in particular, but seen many comments over the years that makes me think why Murat is assumed not to play the game.

LdB area is more a Reynolds thing; both spent their most formative years in Pinawa though.

not sure what the Athletic video is

Not really going to waste my time following this player. At least Trouba,Kane,Roslovic played hard for the Jets and put in a Jets uniform when they demanded a trade
This dude doesn’t even want to try

If ever makes it the NHL I’m booing this guy if he comes to winnipeg to play a game.
Anyone that thinks he going to sign with Jets is dreaming
agreed. can't be arsed to boooo though. except refs. always boooo the refs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad