• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Haven’t really watched any of the dmen much. Is Buium similar to Fox? From some of the descriptions here that’s kind of how he sounds. Not many standout tools outside of insane IQ but above average to good in every single category. Idk lol that might not even be a good description of Fox.
Buium is a better, more fluid skater. In any event, I don’t think he will be available at 5 OA.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
@Goldenhands Are you still saying we go Helenius?
Yeah of course, I wouldnt have put money on him if I didnt believe in his chances to be drafted 5th OV by the Habs. If both Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board, Helenius is the obvious pick to me, a 5'11 190 lbs top 6 center who can play wing as well, that versatility is highly valuable to a team like the Habs in the eventuality Dach keeps struggling with injuries. Outside of his versatility and top 6 talent, that kid's compete level (motor) and hockey IQ are off the chart, he plays a solid 200 ft. game, great positional, protects his puck, great on the cycle, pretty slippery and tough to handle along the wall, great in tight areas, great skater, very high paced player, great in transition, great patience with the puck, never panic under pressure, very high passing rate success... I dont understand how you cant love the player, he is a beauty both on and off the puck, great strength that allows him to initiates physical contacts and win ton of 1 on 1 battles at 17 yrs old against growth men. The kid plays totally fearless and never back down when you try to intimidate him, he is like a little vikings out there.

Personally I dont really care about the noise, Sennecke has some great tools, but sooo raw, he is a 3-4 yrs project and we dont really know how it will turn out to be, I dont think the Habs will go there at 5. I could see them being interested in Iginla though and I would be fine with that pick, but I would go with Helenius personally, I think he fills way too many boxes to not be considered very highly.

At this point, Im just counting the days till the draft, its going to be a crazy night with so much uncertainty after Celebrini. I will watch that draft cool, relaxed and will just enjoy it, I will range behind the guy they decide to pick, we have to trust these guys, they know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah of course, I wouldnt have put money on him if I didnt believe in his chances to be drafted 5th OV by the Habs. If both Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board, Helenius is the obvious pick to me, a 5'11 190 lbs top 6 center who can play wing as well, that versatility is highly valuable to a team like the Habs in the eventuality Dach keeps struggling with injuries. Outside of his versatility and top 6 talent, that kid's compete level (motor) and hockey IQ are off the chart, he plays a solid 200 ft. game, great positional, protects his puck, great on the cycle, pretty slippery and tough to handle along the wall, great in tight areas, great skater, very high paced player, great in transition, great patience with the puck, never panic under pressure, very high passing rate success... I dont understand how you cant love the player, he is a beauty both on and off the puck, great strength that allows him to initiates physical contacts and win ton of 1 on 1 battles at 17 yrs old against growth men. The kid plays totally fearless and never back down when you try to intimidate him, he is like a little vikings out there.

Personally I dont really care about the noise, Sennecke has some great tools, but sooo raw, he is a 3-4 yrs project and we dont really know how it will turn out to be, I dont think the Habs will go there at 5. I could see them being interested in Iginla though and I would be fine with that pick, but I would go with Helenius personally, I think he fills way too many boxes to not be considered very highly.

At this point, Im just counting the days till the draft, its going to be a crazy night with so much uncertainty after Celebrini. I will watch that draft cool, relaxed and will just enjoy it, I will range behind the guy they decide to pick, we have to trust these guys, they know what they are doing.

Agreed that both Iginla and Helenius are great prospects without any glaring flaws. I take both of them over Lindstrom in a heartbeat as they have 1st line upside and really high floors with tons of character, compete and leadership qualities.

Helenius is so criminally underrated on these boards.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Went to take a peek at the Hawks board to see what’s the word on their organization.

First thing I read on their draft thread : Apparently their GM (Kyle Davidson) and the Russian scouts want Demidov while the other scouts want Levshunov.

1719044372184.gif

I don’t know how to post a twitter link, it’s post #1271 and #1274 on their draft thread.
They’re currently debating the validity of the source.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Agreed that both Iginla and Helenius are great prospects without any glaring flaws. I take both of them over Lindstrom in a heartbeat as they have 1st line upside and really high floors with tons of character, compete and leadership qualities.

Helenius is so criminally underrated on these boards.
An healthy Lindstrom would be hard for me to pass on though.

Reactions: morhilane

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Went to take a peek at the Hawks board to see what’s the word on their organization.

First thing I read on their draft thread : Apparently their GM (Kyle Davidson) and the Russian scouts want Demidov while the other scouts want Levshunov.

View attachment 885586

I don’t know how to post a twitter link, it’s post #1271 and #1274 on their draft thread.
They’re currently debating the validity of the source.

This is obviously fictional nonsense as this information simply is not available to the public despite what some of the resident basement reporters will feverishly obsess over and present as legitimate news.....

Nobody knows anything until the picks are made, that is a fact so tune out the noise and enjoy your life.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Be prepared for them to take Buium over Demidov. Basu starting to socialize that to the fan base.

I'll crucify them myself. I let them off the hook on the Reinbacher pick because I liked the player and he filled a clear and dire need.

This one is indefensible.

Father Arpon is feeding us!

Chomsky22

Aug 1, 2022
Be prepared for them to take Buium over Demidov. Basu starting to socialize that to the fan base.

I'll crucify them myself. I let them off the hook on the Reinbacher pick because I liked the player and he filled a clear and dire need.

This one is indefensible.
Not really, these two are starting to become unlistenable.. keeps shaking every tree to get reactions. Nobody knows jackshit, but there is clearly a psyop on demidov happening and they are part of it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not really, these two are starting to become unlistenable.. keeps shaking every tree to get reactions. Nobody knows jackshit, but there is clearly a psyop on demidov happening and they are part of it.

It keeps coming up elsewhere, too. Feeling a lot like the lead up to last draft.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Dany Dubé and Martin McGuire spent a lot of time on Iginla talking about the possible habs picks. Normally when they do this, that's the guy the org. is going to pick.

They did the same thing for Reinbacher last year.

I think it’s interesting we haven’t heard much noise around Iginla / Catton as options at 5, makes me wonder if one of them are a bit higher on their list than they want other teams to know

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think it’s interesting we haven’t heard much noise around Iginla / Catton as options at 5, makes me wonder if one of them are a bit higher on their list than they want other teams to know

Anything's possible at this point. I think Iginla could end up being the Suzuki of this draft. And while I love Catton's skill, he could be a Clayton Keller just as much as he could turn out to be a Max Domi. It's a higher risk at 5.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Anything's possible at this point. I think Iginla could end up being the Suzuki of this draft. And while I love Catton's skill, he could be a Clayton Keller just as much as he could turn out to be a Max Domi. It's a higher risk at 5.
He’s much much closer to Keller than Domi. Look up Domi’s pre draft reports…

Why would Buium have mandatory military service?
Because he’s Israeli and every Israeli has mandatory military service. The same concern we had to evaluate with the Russian prospects no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad