GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I may have to fly back to Bangkok for Poutine. I don't think Philippines has any. I refuse to accept mozzarella cheese - and yes, that's often what I find. That's legitimately the only reason I returned to Bangkok a month ago - to have a semi-decent poutine I first tried like 5 years ago. :laugh:

I look for it in every country.
Top funny, it took me a long time to get on the poutine train... I married a French Canadienne girl who loves it. 10 years ago we were in Australia and after the bar she wanted some poutine. I have no idea how but she somehow found somewhere serving it. I didn't indulge but I went in the restaurant with her and I had a habs hat on and of course met a guy from Montreal who was shocked to run into a habs fan in Australia. A few years later we were in Argentina and I spotted a poutine food truck at a festival. This time I tried it and we both agreed it was awful. It wasn't until the pandemic we did a road trip to Saguenay and stopped at little poutineries and casse-croute's through little towns along the way that I finally tried the authentic stuff and now I totally get the appeal. There's no substitute for what you get in small town Québec!!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You watched a ton of Demidov's games? I find that somewhat doubtful.

In any case, the obsession with Demidov is finally having a prospect that is projected to be a star highly talented point producer in the NHL.
Do you mean the hype around Demidov can be a kind of mirage? A player who will deliver about 65% of what the fans sees in him? Because the hype is so big, getting out of proportions? Nahh, it could never happen, not with hockey fans social medias ! ;)

Reactions: Rockomax

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
San Jose trades for the 11th overall and I guarantee they draft Eiserman. Evidently Celebrini and Eiserman are great friends. Watch

I highly doubt it, they are going to want one of the six top defencemen in this class (Levshunov, Silayev, Buium, Dickinson, Parekh and Yakemchuk). Their current D and pipeline are atrocious.

If five forwards go in the top 10 they will get one of those D at #11.

Reactions: Tyson

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Top funny, it took me a long time to get on the poutine train... I married a French Canadienne girl who loves it. 10 years ago we were in Australia and after the bar she wanted some poutine. I have no idea how but she somehow found somewhere serving it. I didn't indulge but I went in the restaurant with her and I had a habs hat on and of course met a guy from Montreal who was shocked to run into a habs fan in Australia. A few years later we were in Argentina and I spotted a poutine food truck at a festival. This time I tried it and we both agreed it was awful. It wasn't until the pandemic we did a road trip to Saguenay and stopped at little poutineries and casse-croute's through little towns along the way that I finally tried the authentic stuff and now I totally get the appeal. There's no substitute for what you get in small town Québec!!
It's hard to explain to people who haven't tried real poutine. They think cheese = cheese curds and you can just mix and match. I will say, poutine imitators are all over the world... us Canadians love to travel. I'm always excited to meet fellow Canadians abroad. Funny enough, I see tons of Russians with Sharks gear, but they never understand me when I try to compliment them. I chased down a Russian in Moscow decked out in Sharks gear wearing a Burns jersey just outside the Red Square years back to shake his hand. He was so confused and spoke zero English. I think it's just fashion. Few weeks back I saw a ferry operator in Vietnam rocking an old Habs hat. Didn't get the chance to talk to him. Few days ago this elderly Filipina was wearing a Bruins hat and I had to chastise my Filipina friend for being so nice to her. :laugh:

TLDR, it's a small world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: badfish

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
MB ex girlfriend
Wrong... this is his ex

1719522379283.png

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Let Carey Price try to pronounce correctly this time : " Habs are proud to select Taj Mahala, euh no, Jyt Ganinja, euh ... then mayor of Saguenay M Tremblay come and say : "làlà le Canadiens est fier de repécher Tyj Iginla, làlàlà !
Imagine if the pick is Zeev Buium. What could possibly go wrong?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Imagine if the pick is Zeev Buium. What could possibly go wrong?

He is the pick that would probably create the most backlash but he is seriously a f***ing entertaining and exciting pick. Next to Demidov and Lindstrom because he is a D but he is an extremely exciting pick.

But yeah, a lot would go wrong. It cant be understated. Give me this show if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone by the time we pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad