GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am sure out of pure coincidence Basu did the Demidov v Buium exercise in an article he has pinned at the top of his X feed. I did not like the conclusion of that article. Hoping Friday night will be a better conclusion.
If Demidov is there and we take Buium on Saturday morning when I go to work I will walk right up to the mental health ward in my hospital and check myself in.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I am sure out of pure coincidence Basu did the Demidov v Buium exercise in an article he has pinned at the top of his X feed. I did not like the conclusion of that article. Hoping Friday night will be a better conclusion.
The conclusion of the article was pretty much: pick Demidov or Lindstrom if they are available, even if there is some risk to demidov, if not avaiable Buium and Parekh are good pick. Pretty sure his point wasn't that Habs will pick Buium before Demidov.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pronman said that if Demidov doesn't go 2 (sees Levshunov the odds favorite to go ar 2) the next decision point for Demidov is 5 at Montreal.
D'Amico pretty much said this exact same thing on TSN690 earlier today based on what he's been hearing from more and more people on the ground.

Also said he's heard that the Hawks where also having some internal debates about Buium as well FWIW.

Reactions: habsfan891

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
D'Amico pretty much said this exact same thing on TSN690 earlier today based on what he's been hearing from more and more people on the ground.

Also said he's heard that the Hawks where also having some internal debates about Buium as well FWIW.
If Chicago go Demidov, there will be little point in attending the rest of the draft, since the outcome in all case will likely be disapointment. If there is a meeting at Bell Centre for the event or something, it would act like a cold shower on the crowd.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Chicago go Demidov, there will be little point in attending the rest of the draft, since the outcome in all case will likely be disapointment. If there is a meeting at Bell Centre for the event or something, it would act like a cold shower on the crowd.
Anything can still happen and maybe the Hawks do indeed take Demidov @ 2 but it's sounding more and more like they're going with a dman there so we'll see.

I'm still not getting my hopes up that Demidov will be there @ 5 for the Habs just so I won't be disappointed if he does go top 4 or if he's still there @ 5 and the Habs pass on him for someone else.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The conclusion of the article was pretty much: pick Demidov or Lindstrom if they are available, even if there is some risk to demidov, if not avaiable Buium and Parekh are good pick. Pretty sure his point wasn't that Habs will pick Buium before Demidov.

Pick BPA no matter what position.

Seriously, lol.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So Damico confirms it was Reinbacher/Leonard last year huh.

The cringe was too strong so I could not finish the interview but apparently Demidov fat shamed Tony lmao

Skip to 6:35

Forget the chicken legs I'm back on board we must acquire Ivan Demidov at all cost.

Did he call him Meatball Marinara :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad