Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Snuggerud shouldn't have won the last one. I mean if we had Cooley and Knies, sure, he might be good. But we don't. Voted Jiricek again. Lindstein would be my next choice, so I'm cool with him winning this one. Jiricek for round 4 as well.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Snuggerud shouldn't have won the last one. I mean if we had Cooley and Knies, sure, he might be good. But we don't. Voted Jiricek again. Lindstein would be my next choice, so I'm cool with him winning this one. Jiricek for round 4 as well.
So Snuggerud’s only chance of being good is if we had those two?

Damn, might as well trade him then. Let’s trade Thomas too since he’s no Logan Cooley.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
If only we had an awesome playmaking center for Snuggerud

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Damn, might as well trade him then. Let’s trade Thomas too since he’s no Logan Cooley.

Did I say that? He is a complimentary player highly dependent on playing with other high end talent. He regressed heavily in his 2nd year of college because he lost high end talent. Without it he is meh. Should we trade him? I mean if we can get someone better, sure. But its not necessary. He can be good as a complimentary piece. But he is not as good as guys who can survive and thrive without being carried by better players.

If only we had an awesome playmaking center for Snuggerud

Yep, cause that's what you want out of you #2 prospect, to have to be paired with your best player. God forbid we have someone who can drive the play himself. And that awesome playmaking center is also really good at D, but if he is locked at the hip with Snuggerud, we won't want him out there playing tough D minutes.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Yep, cause that's what you want out of you #2 prospect, to have to be paired with your best player. God forbid we have someone who can drive the play himself. And that awesome playmaking center is also really good at D, but if he is locked at the hip with Snuggerud, we won't want him out there playing tough D minutes.
I don't think any of our prospects are dominant forces that are going to light it up in any context. How was Dvorsky's season in Sweden going before he was dropped onto probably the best line in the OHL? Snuggerud is a more complementary guy, but he's a really good one that could score a whole lot of goals which are pretty valuable. He can and will at times play on other lines, but the fit with Thomas is really obvious. I think the criticism of his defense is valid he'll need to make improvements on that side of the puck.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I like Lindstein's upside more than Snuggerud, but I'm not shocked Snuggy went first. He's got a lethal shot. I do think Lindstein has potential to be a top pairing D, whereas Snuggy I think will be more of a complimentary piece as others have said. I think he'll be a damn good complimentary piece to have though.

But yeah, Lindstein's gonna run away with this. Might as well put up the next poll already.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Did I say that? He is a complimentary player highly dependent on playing with other high end talent. He regressed heavily in his 2nd year of college because he lost high end talent. Without it he is meh. Should we trade him? I mean if we can get someone better, sure. But its not necessary. He can be good as a complimentary piece. But he is not as good as guys who can survive and thrive without being carried by better players.

I’d very easily take a guy who is a very good complimentary player with high end talent and possesses an elite one timer option for the powerplay over anyone not named Dvorsky right now.

There’s also something to be said about how drastic of a change it is to go from playing with two NHLers to playing with Oliver Moore who was pretty widely regarded as having issues with teammate utilization.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I’d very easily take a guy who is a very good complimentary player with high end talent and possesses an elite one timer option for the powerplay over anyone not named Dvorsky right now.

There’s also something to be said about how drastic of a change it is to go from playing with two NHLers to playing with Oliver Moore who was pretty widely regarded as having issues with teammate utilization.

And there is something to be said for supposedly being ready for the NHL and looking pathetic at times against guys whose claim to fame will be playing well against you. Snuggerud might turn out to be great, but he has a lot to prove. Jackson Blake, a 4th round pick by Carolina in the same draft had a better season than Snugerrud. Who was Jackson Blake lined up with at North Dakota? If you are an NHL talent you should elevate your teammates in college.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

I think he showed enough last year and in camps to think he can play.

I wouldn’t forget either that Lindstein shined with a defensive partner named Tom Willander at the Worlds.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I have Lindstein as our top prospect so, I went with him again.

You know the best part about this, in the past it was pretty much consensus who the top 3-5 guys were. We just didn’t have depth, now you can make a legit arguement for anyone from Snugs to Bolduc.

And even if we disagree, there I think most fans can atleast rationalize why they feel the way they do.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Jiricek edges out Stenberg for me here. High ceiling at an extremely valuable position. High risk, obviously, but high reward if he hits too.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I could see Lindstein being our top prospect this time next year. His poise and skating ability make it easy to see him in the NHL, and last year he showed some really exciting elements in transition. I still don't see anything to suggest he will be a big threat in the offensive zone, but with the upward trajectory he seems to be on it could come.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Stuck with Lindstein.

Probably Jiricek next as his potential is the highest IMO but Stenberg and Bolduc are right there too and safer bets.

I’ll probably start poll 4 sometime this evening but want folks to have some time to comment on this poll if they want to first.

Also, let me know who you want added as options as we go along. Not likely needed for the next few polls but I know some of us have personal favorites.

Reactions: LGB

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I went back and forth for a bit on Lindstein and Jiricek. Jiricek has a higher ceiling but at this point it feels like Lindstein is going to be a difference maker for the Blues on the back end, even if he's not a star. Lindstein it is.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
And there is something to be said for supposedly being ready for the NHL and looking pathetic at times against guys whose claim to fame will be playing well against you. Snuggerud might turn out to be great, but he has a lot to prove. Jackson Blake, a 4th round pick by Carolina in the same draft had a better season than Snugerrud. Who was Jackson Blake lined up with at North Dakota? If you are an NHL talent you should elevate your teammates in college.

The thing that matters isn’t what’re you going to do when lined up with college players. It’s what’re you going to do in the NHL.

If the question was the former Trevor Connolly would’ve been a top 3 pick. I like Jackson Blake as a prospect. But does he have the tools to be a line driver in the NHL? Probably not. But he does in college.

Reactions: Eldon Reid

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
The thing that matters isn’t what’re you going to do when lined up with college players. It’s what’re you going to do in the NHL.

If the question was the former Trevor Connolly would’ve been a top 3 pick. I like Jackson Blake as a prospect. But does he have the tools to be a line driver in the NHL? Probably not. But he does in college.

Exactly players can dominate at college and don't amount to anything in the NHL. I can think of a couple former Blues draft picks/ players we signed that were great in college but didn't do much in NHL.

Peter Senja won Hobey Baker.
TJ Hensick

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

That doesn't make sense. If you are not going to do it against college players, how do you expect to be able to do it against pros? And Trevor Connelly is a non-sequitur. His draft stock dropped due to off-ice issues. That does not apply here.

You comment about Jackson Blake is my point. He's not projected as a line driver in the NHL, but he is still having success in college without having a great supporting cast. Snuggerud didn't have a good year at all. He is supposedly NHL ready and he finished 65th or something in points, and 90 something in ppg. His level of play dropped to that of his linemates. And that is worrisome.

People say, oh just put him with Thomas. What if Thomas gets hurt. Then we lost 2 guys because Snuggerud's success is 100% related to his linemate? Snuggerud's shot is lethal, and he can potentially carve out an NHL career based on that. But nobody is clamoring for Laine, who has an incredible shot. You have to be able to do more. Hopefully Snuggy figures it out, but he went back to college because he is not ready.

Exactly players can dominate at college and don't amount to anything in the NHL. I can think of a couple former Blues draft picks/ players we signed that were great in college but didn't do much in NHL.

Peter Senja won Hobey Baker.
TJ Hensick

Of course. Perunovich won the Hobey Baker too. They did it when they were older, so it is less impressive than Fantilli, Celebrini or Eichel. But I am not going to argue that players can be good in colege and bad in the pros.

But what about the reverse? Has any player been meh in college and become a star NHL player?

Last edited:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I have it

Dvorsky

Lindstein
Stenberg
Snuggerud (elite shot, but needs to round out)

Jiricek
Bolduc

Reactions: Majorityof1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Manchester United vs Fulham
    Manchester United vs Fulham
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,716.00
    Event closes - 3 days from now