Tampa Bay Lightning have begun sale process.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
0MNRKxw.gif

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
From the article for people that haven't read it

As part of the deal, current owner Jeff Vinik — enormously popular in the Tampa region for his work with the team — will retain full operational control of the organization for the next several years. He will continue to have a significant ownership stake as part of the new group.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Tampa fans should be worried. Current ownership has been outstanding and non traditional markets show they can do really well with good ownership, but really struggle if ownership is subpar or worse.

Read the article it doesn't change who's in control over operations of the team.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Rangers, Hawks, Leafs, Habs, and other huge market owners will all high five each other if a sunbelt team can be sold for that much. That'd shoot up their franchise values even recognizing that the Bolts have more recent success than anyone.

Read the article it doesn't change who's in control over operations of the team.

For only a few years, though.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I heard they got an offer from a wealthy Canadian man whose initials are SS, rumor is he plans to fold the team after he buys them and will make the roster participate in a hunger games style tournament to see if they live.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Holding temporary control of operations is just to not spook the fanbase.

I don't like that we haven't heard who is involved in the new ownership group

Reactions: DaBolts

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I am concerned losing Vinik he has been an amazing owner that has cared about this team and built it up to be what it is.

Two billion seems like such a huge valuation? Hopefully the new ownership is just as good but somehow I doubt it.
As part of the deal, current owner Jeff Vinik — enormously popular in the Tampa region for his work with the team — will retain full operational control of the organization for the next several years. He will continue to have a significant ownership stake as part of the new group.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

That just means he is a figurehead/Lame duck. See how it plays out and if the sale even happens.

Reactions: piqued and DaBolts

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Whatever happened to the shady Japanese golf course guy? Did he even turn out to be a real person or was that a Keyser Soze situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad