Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I watched a Demidov game the other night and found the play pretty good. Some of those Russian kids can really fly. I didn't find the calibre of play to be really bad like some posters have said. For someone that watches Demidov..........I notice he plays mostly with a number 88, who's pretty good in his own right. Does anyone know who this kid is? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Gally11

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I watched a Demidov game the other night and found the play pretty good. Some of those Russian kids can really fly. I didn't find the calibre of play to be really bad like some posters have said. For someone that watches Demidov..........I notice he plays mostly with a number 88, who's pretty good in his own right. Does anyone know who this kid is? Thanks in advance.
There's 88 and 98 on his line, easy to mix them up. Daniil Lazutin and Vladislav Romanov respectively, both 6ft2

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Been stuck working underground for 13.5 hours a day so I haven't been able to post much ( doesn't change much mind you) but I hope he takes number 91 and he's going to be a special player. On top of slaf suz caufield and dach( health permits) the future is bright.

I personally hope he plays in the Khl with some decent minutes this year, then steps in the nhl next year and contends for the Calder.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
IMG_0241.gif

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Man don't get me going on an EA rant lmao. I was obsessed with those games.

I been playing every single year from 2003-2021. Only ones I missed were NHL 2004 and NHL 11. I'm a straight online VS player - didn't care for any other modes. And I ALWAYS used the Habs. Even when everyone else was selecting PIT/TBL/CHI/etc, i didn't care! It was way too fun to play as the habs. I would also play as if it was real life too. So if I was on a breakaway with Gionta for ex, i would do exactly like he does in real life (fake shot forehand, then go backhand and tuck it in). Or if I was a grinder like Travis Moen or Gallagher, I wouldn't try to dangle (even tho the game allowed you to dangle with pretty much anyone). Instead I'd carry the puck to the net, drive, try and jam the puck down low hoping for a rebound or something. Did this with all the players and made the game so so fun. SO FUN, god i miss it.

My last one was NHL 21 - probably one of my favs of all time. I was always a fan of the gameplay but that year was super fun because of the hitting physics, and how big and mean MTL was. Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson, Petry, Romanov, Staal, Perry & Armia were my goons I could always rely on.

I changed up my whole strategy and just focused 100% of my energy on hitting guys and knocking them out. And the physics were so good that year, that if you learned how to perfect hitting, you could send dudes flying all the time. Super satisfying. I would average 50-60 hits a game, QUALITY hits too and it was so funny. I'd knock a guy on his knees, then t-bag for 10 seconds waiting for his player to get up and then BAM knock him back on his knees just to be toxic. After first 5 minutes of the game once my opponent started to figure out what the hell he was in for, they would play really timid whenever they touched the puck and I would just win through shear domination. Lay the body, injure his guys, make them super fatigued and then once he has 2-3 players on their knees crawling to get up (fatigue), i would have so much open ice to just do whatever i want in the O-zone. I'd even let him get the puck in the corners (even if i had to wait a few seconds for opponent to get the puck) just so i could smoke him hahahah.

Thanks for the memories, I get goosebumps just talking about it. I am such a toxic gamer and NHL 21 scratched an itch like no other. I tried NHL 24 a few months ago but that gameplay is just so ASS and this is coming from someone that always defended the gameplay. Hitting also sucks in that game, at least in my opinion. Hated the mechanics and didn't feel satisfying at all especially compared to NHL 21.
I wish you had video of that, sounds fun to watch... this strategy goes all the way back to Nintendo Ice hockey.. you could select big, medium, small guys.. and as such each were slow, med, fast - but if you could play to their strengths you could always win.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Gallagher is a 12 year vet. Silly to criticize him if he doesn't give up his number.

Why should he?
Demidov demanding #11 is one thing, but if the org wants to market the hottest prospect in the past 30 years they might value that over Gally's hypothetical ego. I should say that Gallagher hasn't done anything yet, and if Demidov chooses another number out of respect that's fine. If Gally was going to be here for the long haul then I can understand, but the career overlap will be minimal.

Come to think of it, they might play 1-2 season together max. Maybe Demidov will be like gally and change his number after a few years wearing something else

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Hold the horses! He's only 20 years old and a late-1st round pick. He has skill, speed and smarts and has shown some great flashes...especially at the WJC the last two years. Let his development process run its course before writing him off.
Im not saying it’s done and dusted , but I was replying to someone saying it’s a bad pick.
My point is they aimed for a high ceiling low floor type of pick.
So far it missed , but surely not done yet

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Demidov demanding #11 is one thing, but if the org wants to market the hottest prospect in the past 30 years they might value that over Gally's hypothetical ego. I should say that Gallagher hasn't done anything yet, and if Demidov chooses another number out of respect that's fine. If Gally was going to be here for the long haul then I can understand, but the career overlap will be minimal.

Come to think of it, they might play 1-2 season together max. Maybe Demidov will be like gally and change his number after a few years wearing something else

Demidov wearing #11 or another number will make no difference in terms of marketing.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The idea that Gallagher, who's been wearing #11 for about 18 years, should give his number to a kid who just got drafted makes absolutely 0 sense.
It happens regularly enough when a player at the end of his rope gives his number up to a rising phenom.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Mesar was a home run pick and it missed .
I have no problem at all with that . But I can’t blame them for badly handling him .
I think the issue is mesar himself .
He is still young and the talent is there , so I won’t be quick to put him as a fail, but it’s not hit out of the park

People who are not enamored with Mesar are mostly those who didn't watch him play. Fans were not impressed with his production (even though he was over a PPG player last year in the regular season and the playoffs).

But when they actually watched him at the WJC and saw what kind of player he is, they were praising him.

So basically, if you watch him, you see what he can offer. When you rely solely on his daily production in the OHL, you don't see how he plays. We all know that you might not get any points in a game or two, but you still play a solid game. No points doesn't equal bad game.
I will admit that I am one of those people that were not enamoured with the Mesar pick. I think it was more related to the Slaf pick. I get that it was supposed to be a home run pick & I am not against that. Still, he is a small player. I was willing to give Mesar the benefit of the doubt. (still am) Unfortunately, all I'm hearing from Mesar are excuses. He seems to have an excuse for everything and is not shy to voice them. He seems to be coming off as a winey kid, and maybe he is but he's going to really need to buckle down shut up and produce. I wasn't really impressed with his junior years and I watched a lot (most) of his hi-lights, which should have been Mesar at his best. I hope I'm wrong but I think the AHL will eat him up. I was extremely high on Sean Farrell and I know it's still early with him, but I just can't see Farrell overcoming his size. As a Hab fan, I do hope I'm wrong but how many prospects over the years have we hyped up only to be disappointed? Maybe they have to play with more skilled players to really show what they can do. Time will tell I guess.

Reactions: tazsub3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad