Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Pffffftttt you don't know Fabrizio do you? Lol

He's a clickbait hack who occasionally sucks up to agents enough to get some exclusives but he also copies other peoples work. If shameless was a man it would be him. Complete loser. Ornstein is the Bob MacKenzie of football, not even close lol.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Bob MacKenzie doesn't repeat the same thing 3000 times for attention. Ornstein would be closer to Bob IMO.

Who cares how many times something is announced? I doubt you do care as much as you think you do.

Fab has the most amount of sources, when he announces something it's 99% done and he breaks a lot of major scoops akin to Mac.

At least as a Chelsea fan, he's always on the ball.

No disrespect to Ornstein, he's always right too, but he's usually confirming a lot of rumours that other people break which is why people are always "waiting for the Ornstein bomb"

He's a clickbait hack who occasionally sucks up to agents enough to get some exclusives but he also copies other peoples work. If shameless was a man it would be him. Complete loser. Ornstein is the Bob MacKenzie of football, not even close lol.

Lol...stick to hockey.

Ask any football fan who they defer to for transfer news and 99/100 say Fab, the guy has sources everywhere somehow.

And neither are the "Bob MacKenzie of football" it's the other way around...hockey is peewee compared to football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gravity

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I selfishly would like Demidov to buy out his contract with SKA immediately. Would love to see him come over now even if it’s in the AHL. But it might be better if he plays out his season in the KHL.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If you prefer Ornstein fine lol I rate him too.

I just made a loose comparison because the tweet discussed was in the Fabrizio style.

Wasn't that serious man lol

Calma

Back to Demidov

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Having some distance between him and the media circus may be beneficial for his career. If he is in the AHL and having some success, the calls for his movement to the big club will happen every day.
That would have been an issue under Bergevin but not for our new duo. They have a plan and don't seem to buckle from media pressure. It would work out fine if Demidov were to join Laval and if he plays like he belongs in the NHL it is much easier to have him join the club instead of waiting another season to do so.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I selfishly would like Demidov to buy out his contract with SKA immediately. Would love to see him come over now even if it’s in the AHL. But it might be better if he plays out his season in the KHL.
I wonder how KHL compared to AHL? Is it better? Worse? Same shit different pile?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Of course people wanted Kulich and he is a complete dud.

Of course people wanted Wright and he is not a complete dud, but right now a good tier below Slaf.

F W I W

From the stories I’ve heard about young guys not getting ice time in the khl, especially if the team knows that they’re leaving, I think they should get him out asap

They will in this scenario.

Demidov is expected to be a producer tho and they may also use him in a top 6 role.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Is it official that NHL teams can sign KHL prospects now?
They can’t. NHL teams can sign prospects that have no contract anymore because said prospects have already bought out their own KHL contracts with their own cash. Demidov with the help of his agent raises the $$$ to buy out SKA. None of that $$$ can come directly or indirectly from the Habs.

Reactions: montreal

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
They can’t. NHL teams can sign prospects that have no contract anymore because said prospects have already bought out their own KHL contracts with their own cash. Demidov with the help of his agent raises the $$$ to buy out SKA. None of that $$$ can come directly or indirectly from the Habs.
ah ok because if the Habs could pay the money then this is a no brainer

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Having some distance between him and the media circus may be beneficial for his career. If he is in the AHL and having some success, the calls for his movement to the big club will happen every day.
I dont' agree with you as most medias are aware of Hughes plan with the rebuild, and he doesn't seem to care about medias opinions anyway. Now, if he's destroying the AHL, he'll earn his shot with the big team.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Demidov is just as good as Celebrini, they said.
No one is talking about Celebrini going to the AHL first.....

I love Demidov. But, he is far from being on the same tier as Celebrini. He has been alone at the top for the whole year. It is more like Habs fans hyping him way to much.

ElQuebecois

Topps Skate - HabsQc420
Sep 4, 2021
Montréal
My life be like…

IMG_1908.jpeg

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I have little doubt that Demidov could play in the NHL right away but he wouldn't be a difference maker right away.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
SKA having "no interest in developing" Demidov is a ridiculously absurd notion. He'll be fine wherever he plays next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad