Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
I am still amazed that Cutter Gauthier wanted nothing to do with a franchise that appears a very popular destination for good players.

If Friedman's reporting of the sequence of events is right, they refused to sign Gauthier at the end of the 2022-2023 season, just as Brière became interim GM. They didn't want to burn a year of his ELC and incur cap overage for the 2023-2024 season. A short-sighted decision with enormous consequences.​

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't know any other fan base that stalk the players, make death threats for being drafted over another, call 911 for a hit (Chara on Pacioretti), and I can go on. It's embarrassing.
Canucks fans are pretty bad too, even aside from the 2011 riot. I've heard stories of players being harassed in public while they're out with their families. (not even talking about the fake JT Miller pumpkin patch story either)

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
The holier-than-thou attitude should be parked. Every large fanbase has morons and imbeciles. The larger the fanbase, the more 'incidents'. Repeatedly attacking our own fanbase by dredging up past incidents does nothing to solve it.
I'm not parking anything and I'll say what I want. You're actually part of it with your constant shitting on an 18 year old last year.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He is much more dynamic and a playmaker compared to Michkov in these highlights. Always on the puck whereas Michkov seems to hang around the front of the net.

46 goals 73 assists for 13 straight seasons.

2gUpv5b.gif

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
We have the best and worst fans lol

I forget who said it, but I recall a former player saying "when you're near the top of the standings, you're royalty here, but if you're in the basement, you're public enemy number one."
This is mostly true at the group level. Carbo figured if you were a hard worker, you'd always be fine. It kind of stuck with me because i dont agree completely.

At the individual level, you have to play to the fans' expectations, which is usually unfair. Players dont all have to go get smoked in front of the opponent's net and goalies dont have to do backflips in nets to to show they have heart.

I also dont agree that you can't be a hall of famer if you havent won the cup.

Then again, I think habs fans are ok with tanking because the team seems to be giving it their all. The second that expectation changes, the second every game becomes drama.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I don't know any other fan base that stalk the players, make death threats for being drafted over another, call 911 for a hit (Chara on Pacioretti), and I can go on. It's embarrassing.
Go watch the David Beckham documentary on Netflix. We’re actually very soft. In England and Spain there is no limit. Nothing is too much. There was a newspaper that titled « Too lazy to push » when Victoria Beckham gave birth to their first child because she had a C-section 😂

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Go watch the David Beckham documentary on Netflix. We’re actually very soft. In England and Spain there is no limit. Nothing is too much. There was a newspaper that titled « Too lazy to push » when Victoria Beckham gave birth to their first child because she had a C-section 😂
So ridiculous especially since they don't believe it is healthy to go much past 9 months for pregnancies now and do C-Sectiions.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
But have no worries they bringing it home :)

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I can remember "does she take, does she take, does she take it up the ar5e" being a home fan chant of choice when Beckham's Man United side turned up as the away team. NHL rinks and at-game support are about as lively as a pensioners' tea dance by comparison.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Those chicken legs are not ready for the NHL. He needs to add more squats of any type to his routine.
Ugh…he’s like 18….and his legs aren’t so chicken, you don’t need St-Louis legs to be fast…let’s check McDavid the speed demon’s legs when he was 18

1722444486480.jpeg

1722444540351.jpeg

Not exactly tree trunk for legs from an oak tree me thinks.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

He better keep the ❄️ away from our boy.

I'd be much more worried having the kid around Galchenyuk than Kuznetsov who's actually a good guy but obviously with a bit of a problem lol
Galchenyuk is just a piece of **** human being

You can tell Demidov is above that shit tho, if his idol truly is Kobe than he should know Kobe didn't party AT ALL actually, all about his craft and winning and being the best

And that's what Ivan wants to do

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I'd be much more worried having the kid around Galchenyuk than Kuznetsov who's actually a good guy but obviously with a bit of a problem lol
Galchenyuk is just a piece of **** human being

You can tell Demidov is above that shit tho, if his idol truly is Kobe than he should know Kobe didn't party AT ALL actually, all about his craft and winning and being the best

And that's what Ivan wants to do
Galchenyuk is no longer with SKA thankfully.

Reactions: Saxon and Dutronc

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Kuznetsov is a very good guy. He knew that he have some problem and he try to become better. That's actually a good exemple of redemption. He will help Demidov for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad