Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Those chicken legs are not ready for the NHL. He needs to add more squats of any type to his routine.
I agree, he needs to get a good lower body training regime, and an intense cardio resistance routine going. No slacking off, or he'll be travellin in buses in the AHl.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think we got the best or second best player from the draft.
Demidov I think will be a superstar. He’s one of those players like Juraj Slafkovsky that you know will make it. Just a feeling. I think Demidov and Suzuki with Slafkovsky will be one hell of a line. you have everything from hockey IQ, Size, speed, skills. I’m just going to say it, Demidov reminds me of Jack Hughes.

Reactions: Theodore450

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think we got the best or second best player from the draft.
Demidov I think will be a superstar. He’s one of those players like Juraj Slafkovsky that you know will make it. Just a feeling. I think Demidov and Suzuki with Slafkovsky will be one hell of a line. you have everything from hockey IQ, Size, speed, skills. I’m just going to say it, Demidov reminds me of Jack Hughes.

Demidov compare himself to Hughes and Kaprizov. I think he can have same impact than both. His skating and protection of puck reminds me of Kaprizov. The playmaking and hands reminds me of Hughes.

He have same work ethic, attitude than Slafkovsky. So yeah, sky of the limit for both!

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Demidov compare himself to Hughes and Kaprizov. I think he can have same impact than both. His skating and protection of puck reminds me of Kaprizov. The playmaking and hands reminds me of Hughes.

He have same work ethic, attitude than Slafkovsky. So yeah, sky of the limit for both!
It’s unreal to think that we have a prospect that resembles either one of those guys. We don’t see Minny play much, but man! Is Kaprizov exciting to watch

Reactions: Dutronc

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
It’s unreal to think that we have a prospect that resembles either one of those guys. We don’t see Minny play much, but man! Is Kaprizov exciting to watch

Yes! I agree Kaprizov is a exciting player to watch, that's why Demidov have been considered 2nd overall all year long, he is a exciting player aswell!! That's great to see a player like that with Habs. Slaf aswell can be compared to top of the league. Habs future looks amazing!!

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Yes! I agree Kaprizov is a exciting player to watch, that's why Demidov have been considered 2nd overall all year long, he is a exciting player aswell!! That's great to see a player like that with Habs. Slaf aswell can be compared to top of the league. Habs future looks amazing!!
Definitely! With the D signings this week it’s starting to paint a picture of what our future D corps will look like. Now we just need to see our forwards come together. I feel we still need a hard nosed winger for our top six.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Kaprizov is more than just an exciting player to watch. He has made the playoffs 3 times in 4 years playing for a mediocre team. He played lot of games with Hartman and made Hartman look like a legit 1st liner.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Does anyone ever think about how perfectly the whole draft thing played out for us? Why would other teams pass on potentially getting the best player of the draft? Then we have one of the biggest pop stars of the last 25 years come up on stage and announce his name. It seems a little too perfect to be considered coincidental.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Does anyone ever think about how perfect the whole draft thing played out for us? Why would other teams pass on potentially getting the best player of the draft? Then we have one of the biggest pop stars of the last 25 years come up on stage and announce his name. It seems a little too perfect to be considered coincidental.
Yes, it's almost making all those years of suffering, worthwhile. Sadly, the pessimist in me is just waiting for the hammer to fall lol

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
You used to hear the same thing about Caufield, hockey really is his entire life, he'd spend all day at the arena if you'd let him. It's a pretty good trait to have in a pro player, that's for sure !
It certainly is an amazing thing to hear. I will caution though.....Most kids in their teens who are playing for a spot in the NHL....and some who never have a hope in hell, should be, and are training like this.

The key is.....they keep that work ethic up, once they make that show.....and once they sign that big contract. The desire to get better has to be there for ever. It is what Crosby has in spades. No matter how good you get....you have a desire to get better and that competitive drive to be the best. I hope Slaf keeps that work ethic.

I hope Demidov keeps it.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yes, it's almost making all those years of suffering, worthwhile. Sadly, the pessimist in me is just waiting for the hammer to fall lol
There won't be any hammer, our bad times are behind us, and the powers that be are positioning us to be a force in the league for the next 10 years. Florida, Tampa, and Boston will all be declining when we are coming into form. I mean, we are led to believe that it's all by chance but I believe there are no flukes and that things have a certain order.

I did just have a coffee and a Lions Mane supplement and am currently listening to Epic powerful motivation music from YT so it might just be that lol. I'm not the deepest most logical poster here, most of it is just how I feel on a given day lol.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Habs10Habs, I can tell from your 2006 date that you’ve been following Habs prospects forever. You can trust your own eyes. There’s never been film like this on anyone else we ever drafted.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Habs10Habs, I can tell from your 2006 date that you’ve been following Habs prospects forever. You can trust your own eyes. There’s never been film like this on anyone else we ever drafted.
Thank you.

I know you're right. I guess I'm just in a hurry for him to get here. I'm so looking forward to seeing him play live.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Does anyone ever think about how perfect the whole draft thing played out for us? Why would other teams pass on potentially getting the best player of the draft? Then we have one of the biggest pop stars of the last 25 years come up on stage and announce his name. It seems a little too perfect to be considered coincidental.
Chicago went with the rare top rated RHD who has been rated most of the season above Demidov.
Anahiem do not draft Russians (they drafted 2 in the last 10 years, at round 7 and 5)
Columbus took a big center over a (slighty smaller) winger.

Had Anahiem taken the big center, Columbus was taking Demidov. And I wonder how much the rumors of the Habs being high on Sennecke caused Anahiem to pick him. They apparently didn't even interview him...

Reactions: OldCraig71

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Chicago took a potential number 1 RHD with size, which is a rare thing.

Anaheim took a player who has tremendous skill himself and he'd a big boi.

Columbus took a big boi, goal scoring centre with size.

If a team took Iginla before him, or pretty much anyone drafted after Demidov before Demidov I could see it, but not really here.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You used to hear the same thing about Caufield, hockey really is his entire life, he'd spend all day at the arena if you'd let him. It's a pretty good trait to have in a pro player, that's for sure !
Jagr was the ultimate, the security guards would turn on the lights after midnight when he returned to the are to get a couple hours of workout on the ice… this after having just finished his game a few hours prior…

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Did someone take their happy pills? :)

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
There won't be any hammer, our bad times are behind us, and the powers that be are positioning us to be a force in the league for the next 10 years. Florida, Tampa, and Boston will all be declining when we are coming into form. I mean, we are led to believe that it's all by chance but I believe there are no flukes and that things have a certain order.

I did just have a coffee and a Lions Mane supplement and am currently listening to Epic powerful motivation music from YT so it might just be that lol. I'm not the deepest most logical poster here, most of it is just how I feel on a given day lol.
So you're saying that bad man "Bergevin" can no longer hurt me?

Attachments

• relieved-robert.gif
    relieved-robert.gif
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Haha

Ad

Ad

Ad