Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Devils advocate. There’s an inherent risk in drafting a D at 2OA if it’s not a sure fire superstar. Sennecke came from far down and peaked at the right time. A bit of a mystery. I don’t want to criticize Lidstrom too much because a big C PF is a rare find, but to leave elite skill like Demidov on the table there is not my cup of tea.
It was an interesting draft and I look forward to seeing how these players shake out. I remember the PLD reach and that hasn't worked out at all.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Does anyone ever think about how perfectly the whole draft thing played out for us? Why would other teams pass on potentially getting the best player of the draft? Then we have one of the biggest pop stars of the last 25 years come up on stage and announce his name. It seems a little too perfect to be considered coincidental.
I agree, it was divine. Even his nickname is demiGOD. Ghosts of MTL clearly made a deal with the hockey gods.

Timing makes a lot of sense too when you think about it. Lots of Christians seem to think we are living in the end times, with Christ nearing his return.

Bible never said what form Christ would take on tho so could demidov be Christ reincarnated? I think it's pretty obvious.

demidov.png

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
I wouldn't pass on a player that could potentially be a 100-point player for a defenseman but that's just me. It just seems to have worked out perfectly and life isn't usually that way.

We may have just drafted two star players in one round, seems weird for the Habs to have such good fortune.
We did 2 years ago too, with Slaf and Hutson.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Was that Parekh who said "Watch this place just erupt" just before Celine announced the Demidov pick? And the place did erupt.

The Habs 5th pick clip starts at 23:20 in the video.

Wow…a 47min production and not ONE mention of the Leafs :nod:

Great video

Btw, it was Parekh who easily has the best flow in the 24 draft class

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
This guy is like Slaf when he talking. Both will be able to be gamebreaker for Habs with all theirs qualities. I see in him a hard worker, great attitude... exactly like Slaf!

I hope he will be able to play on a line with Kuznetsov or PP, they are going to be lethal together!!
When we talk about development and culture, that’s something that rarely gets talked about. Having young prospects dedicated to training and growth in their game. That alone will create an insanely competitive culture that could only reap great rewards as they hit their prime.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The fact that we have Slaf who can have the same impact of Rantanen soon, Demidov who can have the same impact of Kaprizov aswell.

That's 2 amazing talent we have!!

Reactions: Dutronc and Rozz

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I agree, it was divine. Even his nickname is demiGOD. Ghosts of MTL clearly made a deal with the hockey gods.

Timing makes a lot of sense too when you think about it. Lots of Christians seem to think we are living in the end times, with Christ nearing his return.

Bible never said what form Christ would take on tho so could demidov be Christ reincarnated? I think it's pretty obvious.

View attachment 898944

"I am the step-son of god"

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The fact that we have Slaf who can have the same impact of Rantanen soon, Demidov who can have the same impact of Kaprizov aswell.

That's 2 amazing talent we have!!
They actually could be. We'll have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00