Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
They won't do anything until earliest tomorrow, there is a pseudo unwritten rule that teams try to not conduct any major business until the Cup is over. In order to not distract from the Cup itself. Some teams don't care, but the Avs typically don't make any moves until after the Cup has been decided.
Clearly Sens and Bruins didn't get the memo doing this in a game 7 SCF :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The fact the Sens were able to dump Korpisalo in this is just wild.
Boston has options there. He’s a solid backup who has performed in the playoffs before. They can keep him while they have cap, but if they retain another million… they’ll have teams lining up at the deadline.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We are getting dangerously close to running it back with Georgiev lol. Damnit. I should just accept it by now. Markstrom and Ullmark off the market. Legit the only other guy I can think of that’s an upgrade AND also rumored to be on market is Saros.
I thought Georgiev did enough in the playoffs to save himself. I would imagine that Justus will be getting more frequent starts though as they really try to figure out if there is something more than a backup there.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Boston has options there. He’s a solid backup who has performed in the playoffs before. They can keep him while they have cap, but if they retain another million… they’ll have teams lining up at the deadline.
I mean 3.25 seasons at 2 million sounds tempting.

I thought Georgiev did enough in the playoffs to save himself. I would imagine that Justus will be getting more frequent starts though as they really try to figure out if there is something more than a backup there.
If nothing else, give annunen more starts at the beginning of the season then ride Georgie..

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It’s simply because NHL teams refuse to give up 1sts in these trades… which is pretty dumb.

You could draft your own future starting goalie with the 1st! If everything goes well, it will still take 5++ years when it comes to goalies.. if teams need a goalie, just pull the trigger if that's all what it takes.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You could draft your own future starting goalie with the 1st! If everything goes well, it will still take 5++ years when it comes to goalies.. if teams need a goalie, just pull the trigger if that's all what it takes.
I don’t disagree at all.

I still stand by my every 4 years draft the top goalie in the draft with a 1st strategy. Even if it only works 50% of the time (and by numbers it would work more than that), you get a starter every 8 years.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I don’t disagree at all.

I still stand by my every 4 years draft the top goalie in the draft with a 1st strategy. Even if it only works 50% of the time (and by numbers it would work more than that), you get a starter every 8 years.

There is some logic behind that strategy for sure.

Reactions: henchman21

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It must suck for CNap watching teams make moves already, knowing our next 4 months will consist of re-signing Mitts, hopefully re-signing Drouin, and giving out PTOs and league minimum deals while waiting for Nuke/Landy shit to play out.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It must suck for CNap watching teams make moves already, knowing our next 4 months will consist of re-signing Mitts, hopefully re-signing Drouin, and giving out PTOs and league minimum deals while waiting for Nuke/Landy shit to play out.

You don't think they have clear vision about the Nuke situation already? Do you think Nuke will play for the Avs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad