Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Landy will be back but doubt he will be close to what he was. Id be shocked if drouin leaves. Nuke is a wildcard. However if drouin leaves, it ups the likelihood imo that nuke is back

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
If the Avs can get Sean Walker for $4mil, I hope they do it. Get that man away from Jack Johnson and he would be great.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
If the Avs can get Sean Walker for $4mil, I hope they do it. Get that man away from Jack Johnson and he would be great.

After his first games i really thought "man, this should be a keeper". After that and watching the playoffs, i wasn´t so sure anymore....

And (!!), he will get paid and offered way more than we can afford or he is really worth. There is always a GM out there desperate to overpay. Always.

So Walker gone. There is no room and cap. Unless CMac trades one of Manson or Girard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Elliotte says the word is Ullmark didn't put the Sens on his no trade list because they had acquired Korpisalo so he didn't think they'd trade for him but that may have changed on July 1st when he submits a new list. So the Bruins used this opportunity to trade him before they could've been squeezed even more.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
If I were C Mack, I would go with the assumption Landeskog is back. As far as Nuke, you have until mid November until he is eligible at the earliest, so for now build your team with the assumption he won't be back. Then if he isn't you didn't miss out on other guys you could have signed. If he does come back you can decide how to handle it at that point. Legal battle to clear him off the cap, trade, or if you want to keep him might have to LTIR someone. But the fact he isn't eligible until mid November gives you a little flexibility

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The summer of 2027 is now looking particularly brutal... Mitts, Lehky, Makar, Colton, and Girard will all be UFAs. This might play a factor into Ritchie as well, if his contract starts this season, he will also need a new contract that summer.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The summer of 2027 is now looking particularly brutal... Mitts, Lehky, Makar, Colton, and Girard will all be UFAs. This might play a factor into Ritchie as well, if his contract starts this season, he will also need a new contract that summer.

What it should be doing is setting up a strict 3 year window for contending for this group.

Doubtful they can win again with the age of the core, but this should be a clear 3 years left to continue going for it.

I'd be letting Colton, Mitts, and G all walk that summer.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Could be the start of the rebuild, though if they can keep Makar and Mittelstadt I think they'll keep going for the cup.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What it should be doing is setting up a strict 3 year window for contending for this group.

Doubtful they can win again with the age of the core, but this should be a clear 3 years left to continue going for it.

I'd be letting Colton, Mitts, and G all walk that summer.
I agree with that. It'll be difficult regardless, but with how the contracts are setup, almost impossible to keep a semblance of depth beyond that year... especially with how the Avs draft.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think G will be traded before then (not saying I WOULD do it, just my thoughts), the Avs must believe Ritchie will be ready for 2C duty by then, and then it’s obvious that Makar will have a blank check.

Mitts will walk, Lehky would stay if the price is right, and Colton will walk

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Good thing the cap will be 140M by then and Cale Makar will have demanded a trade to Calgary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think G will be traded before then (not saying I WOULD do it, just my thoughts), the Avs must believe Ritchie will be ready for 2C duty by then, and then it’s obvious that Makar will have a blank check.

Mitts will walk, Lehky would stay if the price is right, and Colton will walk
I'd say there is a decent chance some of those players are moved in the summer of 26 and the re-tool starts in earnest then.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
As for this year, this leaves the Avs with just a touch under 5.5 million to spend with 16 players on the expected roster. This assumes no LTIR for Landy and a cap hit of 5 for Nuke.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
As for this year, this leaves the Avs with just a touch under 5.5 million to spend with 16 players on the expected roster. This assumes no LTIR for Landy and a cap hit of 5 for Nuke.
Right now I just refuse to believe that Nichushkin will have a cap hit of 5M.

I fully understand that I have nothing to back that up on right now, I just do not believe it will happen that way.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I agree with that. It'll be difficult regardless, but with how the contracts are setup, almost impossible to keep a semblance of depth beyond that year... especially with how the Avs draft.
It's fine. It's all part of Bednar's master plan to build up the endurance of the top players season over season until they are playing 30 minutes per night. Then, when he cuts back on their ice time to 25 minutes per night, they will feel incredibly fresh by comparison

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not sure of Avalanche’s needs, but would a deal around Colton for Marino make sense?

If the rumors around Pesce to the Devils are true, it feels like Marino might be moved out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad