Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure of Avalanche’s needs, but would a deal around Colton for Marino make sense?

If the rumors around Pesce to the Devils are true, it feels like Marino might be moved out.
Not really... Avs would then have to find a taker for Manson with no salary back. If Colton is moved (and TBD as we have one source on that), it will be to free up cap space... not take on more cap.

Yup.

But if we’re counting Nuke at a 5M hit and Landeskog at full hit, then it’s all bottom 6 forwards and 3rd pairing D
Yup... which you'll get bottom of the barrell players for, but isn't a huge deal. I said a while ago and it seems even stronger today... the Avs are in for a rather boring summer and the team's quality will depend on the deadline more than anything else.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Not really... Avs would then have to find a taker for Manson with no salary back. If Colton is moved (and TBD as we have one source on that), it will be to free up cap space... not take on more cap.

Yup... which you'll get bottom of the barrell players for, but isn't a huge deal. I said a while ago and it seems even stronger today... the Avs are in for a rather boring summer and the team's quality will depend on the deadline more than anything else.
Yeah, it’s likely the Avs make some middling moves. Perhaps some small trades for depth.

End of the day, barring some really bad news from Landeskog, there’s no space to do much of anything. Even if they made a cap saving move, the effects would be marginal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, it’s likely the Avs make some middling moves. Perhaps some small trades for depth.

End of the day, barring some really bad news from Landeskog, there’s no space to do much of anything. Even if they made a cap saving move, the effects would be marginal.
Yup... maybe they move Colton or somebody else to create room to sign Drouin. Maybe they signal they are doing something with Nuke and use the 'overage'... but that's really about it.

Reactions: EdAVSfan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean maybe if we’re lucky someone would value Manson a bit with his “playoff” style game ala Toronto or something.

Because Marino would be such a good fit here. But his cap hit isn’t going to work here.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Right now I just refuse to believe that Nichushkin will have a cap hit of 5M.

I fully understand that I have nothing to back that up on right now, I just do not believe it will happen that way.
It's based on what his pro-rated cap hit will be after his suspension is up. Although they do have to fill his spot with someone until November, so it's probably effectivly a little higher than that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The summer of 2027 is now looking particularly brutal... Mitts, Lehky, Makar, Colton, and Girard will all be UFAs. This might play a factor into Ritchie as well, if his contract starts this season, he will also need a new contract that summer.
Or sell them all at the 2026 TDL for a massive haul of futures to kick-start a rebuild

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not sure of Avalanche’s needs, but would a deal around Colton for Marino make sense?

If the rumors around Pesce to the Devils are true, it feels like Marino might be moved out.
Colton for Marino

Pesce to NJ

Manson to Carolina

I highly, highly doubt the Avs would throw in the towel then. They'll give this at least 2 more kicks at the can.
Sorry, I meant to say 2027 TDL

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Or sell them all at the 2026 TDL for a massive haul of futures to kick-start a rebuild
Maybe the 2026 summer, but unlikely the deadline. (edit: clarified above)
I think that KSE will avoid another teardown/dark 1/2 decade for as long as possible though.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Jost at 750K... I could think of worse players at league minimum. Definitely going to be looking for reclamation projects, players who just got bought out looking for a team that can make the playoffs, etc.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would 100% bring Jost back as a 4C here on league minimum.
raw

Stenlund is who the Avs should absolutely target.

How about sprong as Ufa ? Had a little bit resurgence for Detroit?
If he could ever bring that fight from off the ice, to the ice....

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Caden Addison will apparently not be getting a QO from San Jose. Cheap blue line option?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I definitely want stenlund... Unfortunately we all know that Cup tax will increase his price though.

I still think Carrick at 4c .. As well

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm good without Walker coming back. Don't think he's bad but I wasn't impressed and I don't believe it's all JJ's fault. Maybe this just isn't a fit for his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad