Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I'm good without Walker coming back. Don't think he's bad but I wasn't impressed and I don't believe it's all JJ's fault. Maybe this just isn't a fit for his style of play.
He looked a perfect fit for a while, but the shine wore off. I don't know what to think about that, maybe he had a nagging injury. He's a luxury as long as we have G and we can't play that game where we swap out G for another D because we need all the cap money.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We don't have money for Walker, why is it even being discussed?

Reminder: We have to trade Colton to save Drouin...and it may not even be enough

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I am interested in Isac Lundestrom as a 4C next year.

He's arb eligible and I think Verbeek might walk away like he did with Sam Steel a couple years ago.

Yes, I'm aware of his severe struggles offensively and in the face-off circle.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I'm good without Walker coming back. Don't think he's bad but I wasn't impressed and I don't believe it's all JJ's fault. Maybe this just isn't a fit for his style of play.
Walker is a great fit stylisticly, but a poor fit as far as the D pairs were constructed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Gibson is a stud, going to be a big time player and if only Canadians had the same scrutiny as American NCAA prospects.... ;)

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Anyone else getting a 'where there's smoke there's fire' vibe that Utah WILL do something big? Trade for Marner or sign Guentzel or Reinhardt, etc?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Anyone else getting a 'where there's smoke there's fire' vibe that Utah WILL do something big? Trade for Marner or sign Guentzel or Reinhardt, etc?
I mean they have an owner who did the same when he acquired the Jazz no? At least that's the impression I got, not following the NBA. And they have plenty of capspace and assets to do it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If it isn't this summer, they'll certainly make one next season. They want to make a splash.

Marner... St Louis is a team to watch there.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Not quite the scale I was thinking of but Utah should be active. Lot of picks, lot of cap space. Their blueline in particular. They're one of the teams I could actually see taking Manson or Girard if the Avs were looking for a dance partner.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It makes sense for them to be hyper active to build a decent roster to fight for a playoff spot. That would go a long way building the fan base.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
It makes sense for them to be hyper active to build a decent roster to fight for a playoff spot. That would go a long way building the fan base.
Utah is a team I expect to make a big name signing and it wouldn't shock me to see Chicago try to jump start the rebuild, too.

Reactions: chet1926

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Utah has Keller and Cooley, not sure they should be looking to add another small forward to their core (as good as Marner is).

They should be trading for Rantanen or Draisaitl

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I just want a Marner trade reported then have it nixed by the NMC/NTC like the Kadri trade.
That made for a fun day
If the Leafs are serious about moving him, they will leak out him nixing a trade with his NMC and make his life uncomfortable that way. One would imagine that stuff is going to happen soon, they have 18mil on capspace to do immediate stuff but this thing dragging out might still limit them. I would imagine they want a deal done by free agency.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad