Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Isac Lundestrom (1 year, $1.5M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Alright Lundestrom, this might be your last chance. Great skater, but not much else in his game. At this point, he should do whatever he can to become the best penalty killer he can be. And that includes improving at faceoffs, because he is terrible at them.

I am more interested in him actually getting an offensive role. I’m annoyed he is ‘stuck’ in a checking/grinding role.

He is probably one of the few that actually drive it to the net. It’s not his fault his teammates are black holes offensively and don’t know how to get in good positions

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I am more interested in him actually getting an offensive role. I’m annoyed he is ‘stuck’ in a checking/grinding role.

He is probably one of the few that actually drive it to the net. It’s not his fault his teammates are black holes offensively and don’t know how to get in good positions
Carlsson, Gauthier, Killorn, Zegras, McTavish, Terry, Strome, Vatrano, plus a top 6 UFA. That's 9 forwards for the top 3 lines. Lundestrom's only spot is on the 4th line.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Carlsson, Gauthier, Killorn, Zegras, McTavish, Terry, Strome, Vatrano, plus a top 6 UFA. That's 9 forwards for the top 3 lines. Lundestrom's only spot is on the 4th line.
Honestly, ?/Lundestrom/Leason feels like there's potential for decent depth scoring, if they're told to go out and be a normal fourth line rather than making Lundy all shutdown guy all the time.

Edit: posts that preceded unfortunate events, though I stand by the thought.

Last edited:

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Mixed feelings on Lundestrom. Like him on the PK, but want more hitting and aggression on the 4th line. Want an offensive threat in the top 9.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Lundy should've been playing the PP instead of Silf. Would've been nice to see if he had an offensive upside instead of giving the time to a vet who was in his last year.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm not a Lundestrom fan, but this is fine while Gaucher marinates for another year. 4th line money for a 4th line player.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Don't see Lundestrom more than a 4th liner, he just doesn't have the offensive ability to be a top 9 forward IMO. But this is fine as a stop gap 4th liner in the meantime. I hope we add some size next to him on the 4th line (Leason would be a bit of a no brainer for me personally).

Reactions: Deuce22 and Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Lundy-Mac-Silf was a productive line and covered up for Mac's lack of defensive awareness.
Lundestrom Zegras Terry 3rd line? I want ti see him get some time on an offensive line and see if he has some potential as a winger. He's worked with Mac/Silf and Rakell/Comtois. At least give him a couple of weeks go see if he can make it work.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Lindy doesn’t have the scoring acumen to be in any type of scoring line.
This. He can score on breakaways on the PK, and he had that one year where every puck found a hole, but he's not an offensively gifted player. His best bet is to figure out how to win a faceoff, get a little tougher to play against, and use his speed to be a forechecking pain on the 4th line. He's going to be frustrating to watch if he's flubbing perfect passes from good offensive players.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3