Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Leafs plan is to have Woll as their starter but with a good backup like Brossoit.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_9651.jpeg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah the Devils are going to be the class of the east here soon. One of the best forward cores in the league currently and soon to be one of the best D cores as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
In the event Nichushkin is brought back, Colton being used as a cap dump the roster could look like this:

1719253493331.png

IMO depending on how Kovalenko looks, the Avs would need to upgrade on 3, maybe 4 bottom six forward spots at the TDL and one 3rd pairing defensemen based on which of Behrens/Malinski looks worse (or JMFJ if he's brought back).

Trading Colton for draft picks to use in 2025 would help with that.

I know Olofsson is gone I just used him for 775K sake.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
We need to stop thinking about these small tweaks and realistic improvements. Let's honest if the Avs are going to become a powerhouse again and compete for the cup we're going to need to see some complete fleecings.

Like getting a guy who performed like a #1C(at least for that one season) on a cheap deal for Barrie. And a top pairing D at 4m for two seconds.

So what are the most unrealistic bullshit trades you can think of!

Whos the next training camp walkin like Nuke?

Zegras with retention for Manson and a pick?

Byram and two firsts back for Mittelstadt?

Make it happen or pack it up for the season.

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In the event Nichushkin is brought back, Colton being used as a cap dump the roster could look like this:

View attachment 886274

IMO depending on how Kovalenko looks, the Avs would need to upgrade on 3, maybe 4 bottom six forward spots at the TDL and one 3rd pairing defensemen based on which of Behrens/Malinski looks worse (or JMFJ if he's brought back).

Trading Colton for draft picks to use in 2025 would help with that.

I know Olofsson is gone I just used him for 775K sake.
Landy a center??? lol
Drouin at 3.4M??????
Mitts at 5.75M??

What?

Go back and try again with Drouin at least at 4M, Mitts 6M minimum and Landy on the wing.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Even thought I'd love to see how Landy does as 3C, that's one expensive 3C to have.. we need budget solutions on wings in that scenario.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Landy a center??? lol
Drouin at 3.4M??????
Mitts at 5.75M??

What?

Go back and try again with Drouin at least at 4M, Mitts 6M minimum and Landy on the wing.
Even TMV has said he thinks Mittelstadt comes in somewhere between 5 and 6.

Drouin at 4 if he hits the open market, sure. Otherwise, he's taking a discount to re-sign here.

Semantics on Landeskog. Push Wood down, shift Landeskog to LW, play Ritchie at 3C, then you'd probably need to haggle Mittelstadt/Drouin even more.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think any of that is farfetched, and probably one of the better realistic options.

There's nothing realistic there...even when Landy could skate at 100% and we had a severe lack of centers Bednar wouldn't entertain that idea. Imagine now after 2 years of accumulated rust, natural aging and a weak knee... there's no way in Hell he's going to play center.

If he comes back he's going to play wing where he doesn't have to skate as much and front of the net on the PP. That's realistic.

Reactions: shadow1

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There's nothing realistic there...even when Landy could skate at 100% and we had a severe lack of centers Bednar wouldn't entertain that idea. Imagine now after 2 years of accumulated rust, natural aging and a weak knee... there's no way in Hell he's going to play center.

If he comes back he's going to play wing where he doesn't have to skate as much and front of the net on the PP. That's realistic.
So what's your expectation for offseason moves? Because Landy is coming back and Nuke isn't going anywhere.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So what's your expectation for offseason moves? Because Landy is coming back and Nuke isn't going anywhere.
- They'll move Colton for picks and possibly a cheap bottom 6 center under contract (Jake Evans style)
- They'll sign Drouin and Mitts
- They'll sign a bunch of cheap players (1M AAV)
- They'll revisit the 3C situation at the deadline

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
- They'll move Colton for picks and possibly a cheap bottom 6 center under contract (Jake Evans style)
should do it as soon as the nuke situation is resolved so that we don't completely overplay everyone again.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If Drouin is getting $4 mil and Mitts is getting $6 mil, you need to do another move. Plus we can't afford a Jake Evans #3C or $1 mil AAV depth players if Colton is the only one moving. You'd need to move either Manson or Girard and then fill that spot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad