Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Went to parade and then at a few outdoor establishments enjoying celebratory brews

Did Ullmark get traded

Did we get 7 or 25 or/a d Chychrun?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I mentioned moving Lindholm next off-season if Chychrun was the guy they wanted to keep long-term

Everyone should be leery of giving a guy who is as injured as often as Chychrun is, a long term contract

Went to parade and then at a few outdoor establishments enjoying celebratory brews

Did Ullmark get traded

Did we get 7 or 25 or/a d Chychrun?
Nothing happening yet. Just typical summer HF boards infighting. Like clockwork.

How was the parade?

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Two National reporters have stated that Ullmark would waive his NTC to go to Ottawa. A third reported that Ottawa is not on his no trade list.

I have been assured Ottawa is on the list and that he has to waive. I have not been assured he has done so.

Grain of salt.
More like a golden nugget lol. Thanks

Reactions: bruins19

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Everyone should be leery of giving a guy who is as injured as often as Chychrun is, a long term contract

Nothing happening yet. Just typical summer HF boards infighting. Like clockwork.

How was the parade?
Freaking packed but we knew how to navigate and avoid chaos

Celtics fans were great - pretty hammered and happy overall we ended at Tias

Great weather great people great friends with great time

I am definitely getting an ‘Al Horford is good’ shirt - only saw one but cracked me up

I set 3 goals today

1. Go to parade
2. Day drink responsibly
3. Watch the hockey game

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hey, that's cool. Where did you get it?
We wanted to hop into Prp Shop so we could check out shirts and say hello - o don’t agree with your Sweeney opinion but I enjoy your Bruins passion -but there was a ridiculous line

Reactions: RustyBruins72

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

How was the parade?

You're right they should be. Chychrun played all 82 games this past season and if he plays all 82 games again then that concern should be lower. Over the last 3 season he ranks 139th in GP among d-men

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's a lot of money for a guy who either gets burried in Providence carrying 1.75 million on the Bruins Cap, or else, gives us poor play off the bench while we see Bussi claimed on waivers by another team

I'd have no trouble sending him to Providence if it meant the difference between actually getting something of significance for Ullmark or not.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The 6
Sometimes the wrong decision is indecision.

Be overly cautious and opportunities pass you by. Try to drive a hard bargain every single time and eventually your business partners avoid dealing with you if they can. Staios is a new GM he might need to give a little on his early deals in order to build better relationships long-term. I doubt a rookie GM drawing a hard line in the sand is going to work very well.
You are úkkyú y my
hate to give up Lohrei
Obviously not an insider, but I can almost guarantee they will not give away Mason Lohrei. His size and skill set are very unique. Before too long I expect him to be the first unit power play quarterback.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
When you're close to being a winning team, you need to take some risks to put things over the top.

When you take over a team like Ottawa whose former GM pissed away 1st round picks in poor trades and via league penalties without and playoff berths to show for it... you don't take big risks in your first offseason.

I don't think there's any chance that the 7th overall pick is going to be included in a trade for a veteran player. If anything, and these are the rumors in Ottawa, Staios is willing to move down to acquire more picks, because our prospect pool is barren (which is wild considering how bad we've been).

I think if the Bruins were willing to take Chychrun and their own first pick (25OA), the deal would already be done.

If they're holding out for Ottawa's own pick (7OA), it's not going to happen.
The 25th pick in this weak draft is akin to a 2nd round pick. Bruins would be better off holding onto Ullmark and move him at the TDL, when teams are typically more desperate.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The 25th pick in this weak draft is akin to a 2nd round pick. Bruins would be better off holding onto Ullmark and move him at the TDL, when teams are typically more desperate.

That means you pay Ullmark close to 5 million instead of around 1 million for Bussi. You lose Bussi. And then there is no guarantee that there is a team at the deadline who is on his approved trade list that is going to go for him, so better than 50/50 you keep him all season

It's not the worst thing ever because even being the B part of a platoon he'll probably average 1.6 points per start, helping propel the Bruins up the standings. But that 4 million dollar gap could bring in a pretty good player

Reactions: Gee Wally

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
So if the 25th is not to your liking because of a weak draft ask for Ottawa's first next year (assuming they still have it) instead; if they can't pry the 7th free.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd have no trouble sending him to Providence if it meant the difference between actually getting something of significance for Ullmark or not.

It means spending an extra 1.75 million at the goalie position. That is money that then could not be spent on a physical 3rd pairing defenseman, or a big physical 4th line winger.

Yes you might have to do it to make a deal happen, but Ottawa needs to add good value for you to take the goalie back

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You're right they should be. Chychrun played all 82 games this past season and if he plays all 82 games again then that concern should be lower. Over the last 3 season he ranks 139th in GP among d-men
It sucks because when he's playing? He's elite. We know it. We see it. I just don't trust the injury stuff.

It's a catch 22 situation

Reactions: TCB and ON3M4N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad