Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With chychrun having bounced from one bad team to another, do you think he’d have interest in signing a “fair” deal in Boston if he feels he’s on a team heading in the right direction with a good team culture?

What's a fair deal? If he goes to FA, he is likely looking at 8.5 - 9.5 million a year for 7 years. So what is a fair deal. If you sign him to an 8 year deal with a number that starts with a 7, that is a huge hometown discount

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Moving Mason Lohrei is straight up craziness.

Even if they bring in and extend Chychrun, it shouldn't change a darn thing when it comes to Mason Lohrei.

Extend Chychrun, bridge Lohrei for 2-years next summer, and when it's time for Lohrei's big deal, you ship Hampus Lindholm to one of the 16 teams he can't block.
I'm not up for moving him but if you land Chychrun and can turn Lohrei into Necas, a top 6 skilled forward, we've essentially moved:
Ullmark, Lauko and Lohrei for Chychrun + 1st +Necas

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is it possible Boston is allowing debrusk camp the opportunity to test market in advance of free agency. Perhaps why rumours out of.TO. Boston trying to gage contract value.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I read that and get the feeling that Dom is telling me this thing is really taking shape and could happen.

And that's my prerogative.

And if the rocket does not lift off - then I had fun waiting for it to lift off because I trust that the source of the speculation is wired in and giving me a sense of what the present state might be to the degree that is possible.

And even then, even the most naïve and ill informed of us know that nothing -- NOTHING -- is a done deal until the papers have been signed and the League gives the OK. And a lot can change in an instant.
My source works for Michael Andlauer and Steve Staios.

As @Gee Wally has already stated, I sent him copies of the conversation. I always do before posting.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Is it possible Boston is allowing debrusk camp the opportunity to test market in advance of free agency. Perhaps why rumours out of.TO. Boston trying to gage contract value.
I have a feeling it's more JDB forcing it - I feel like he wants to see if there's more money out there.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not up for moving him but if you land Chychrun and can turn Lohrei into Necas, a top 6 skilled forward, we've essentially moved:

The value is fair I just love Mason Lohrei and think he has the potential to be a special player for this franchise. It's rare for me to get hung up on young players/prospects but Lohrei is might be one of my favorite young Bruins to come along probably since Pasta.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The cost of resigning Chychrun after this year ($7M+) completely obliterates any upgrade he would be over Lohrei. Who will be cheap for 3 years. And in a year it may not be much of an upgrade if any anyway.

If Chychrun was going to be a long-term piece in Boston, I'd be curious if Lindholm could be moved out next off-season (it'd be tough since he has a NMC).

Lindholm - 30yrs old
Chychrun - 26yrs old
Lohrei - 23yrs old

The age of Chychrun & Lohrei seem to fit better with this group of guys like Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, Swayman, Zacha

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury

As @Gee Wally has already stated, I sent him copies of the conversation. I always do before posting.
I know there's lots of chatter about the Bruins possibly taking a goalie contract back - will this potentially affect Bussi's role?

Personally, I could see them taking Forsberg back if it means giving them another piece of draft capital. Doesn't mean Bussi wouldn't be in the future plans, but might mean we need him to wait another year until he's full time backup.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I know there's lots of chatter about the Bruins possibly taking a goalie contract back - will this potentially affect Bussi's role?

Personally, I could see them taking Forsberg back if it means giving them another piece of draft capital. Doesn't mean Bussi wouldn't be in the future plans, but might mean we need him to wait another year until he's full time backup.
Not sure Bussi would make it though waivers

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada

If Bussi isn't the backup he has to clear waivers. He would never clear.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012

Hey Dom,

Thanks as always for sharing.

Do you have a sense that your source feels the same as Pagnotta about Ullmark waiving for Ottawa? He's really the only one who has said that. He's also the only one (That I've seen) that says his list is 14 teams, not 15.

There feels like there's a lot of traction here with Ottawa, but there's always the looming factor that Ullmark can just say no and it's over. Pagnotta saying he'd waive was huge news and he's the only one who's said that. Thanks Dom :)

Reactions: bbfan419

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I read that and get the feeling that Dom is telling me this thing is really taking shape and could happen.

And that's my prerogative.

And if the rocket does not lift off - then I had fun waiting for it to lift off because I trust that the source of the speculation is wired in and giving me a sense of what the present state might be to the degree that is possible.

And even then, even the most naïve and ill informed of us know that nothing -- NOTHING -- is a done deal until the papers have been signed and the League gives the OK. And a lot can change in an instant.
Honestly during trade season the amount of free entertainment I get here with Dom's tidbits and the million what ifs. Its amazingly fun and interesting and addicting.... I spend more time on that then on TV. Thank you @DominicT

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Hey Dom,

Thanks as always for sharing.

Do you have a sense that your source feels the same as Pagnotta about Ullmark waiving for Ottawa? He's really the only one who has said that. He's also the only one (That I've seen) that says his list is 14 teams, not 15.

There feels like there's a lot of traction here with Ottawa, but there's always the looming factor that Ullmark can just say no and it's over. Pagnotta saying he'd waive was huge news and he's the only one who's said that. Thanks Dom :)
I feel like the discussions wouldn't be where they are at now unless Linus was ok with the destination.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
I feel like the discussions wouldn't be where they are at now unless Linus was ok with the destination.
Probably a safe assumption, but there was a lot of new/unsupported information in that article. Why not ask a question, you know?

Reactions: Gordoff

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
If Bussi isn't the backup he has to clear waivers. He would never clear.
Would much rather avoid signing/taking on a backup until the season is underway if possible. If Bussi is turning heads early on, we have a valuable asset to trade (and will have to as we have Swayman long term). If Bussi has a slow start, he’s more likely to clear waivers, and you might not want to enter playoffs with him next year anyway so find a cheap vet.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That’s a haul, no doubt.

I do hope Lohrei is not in mix though. Not saying a key prospect like him wouldn’t have to be included in a return like that, just that I’d hate to see him go. I think he’s going to be special.

Reactions: BruinDust

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would much rather avoid signing/taking on a backup until the season is underway if possible. If Bussi is turning heads early on, we have a valuable asset to trade (and will have to as we have Swayman long term). If Bussi has a slow start, he’s more likely to clear waivers, and you might not want to enter playoffs with him next year anyway so find a cheap vet.

They need a backup. If they get Bussi resigned to a 2 year bridge deal this offseason, then he should be the backup. if he plays well you do not look to trade him at least during the season. Let him play his 30 games, if he plays well and goes 20-6-4 (against B opponents) then maybe in the offseason you consider a deal

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

You have me excited, no doubt Dom. Just asking (pleading) that everyone use their heads knowing that this isn’t some sort of a “promise”. We all know that deals aren’t done til they are done. I appreciate you sharing what you can and have my fingers firmly crossed.

You and Wally have my FULL appreciation for sharing what you can. Makes this place super fun (and apologies to all the players and their families, who’s lives get tossed into the mixer at these times, for how shitty that sounds on my part).

Edit: Just an aside. Couldn’t you get better sources than someone who works for the owner and the GM? Come on Dom, get your shit together!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
So just from Dom's tidbits, (which are greatly appreciated by this poster) X, Sens board and a little from the Flyers board.
We have possibly Chychrun and #7 OA for #12 OA ++(Farabee /Konecny /Laughton) the other + I think is a RHD (Ristolainen )
Then we have Ullmark and Lauko to the Sens for Pick (which I believe is #25) 1 of the 3 above (My hope is Farabee) + which I think might be Joseph or Kastelic
I think that is a huge overpayment for Ullmark so they might be some more moving parts.
Or it might be the 12 OA pick and 2 4th liners (Hathaway, and Joseph or Kastelic) which I think makes more sense.
Just me spit balling so flame away.

Reactions: CellyHard

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Since he's an RFA, does his contract have any impact on how it would work for him? ( i.e. 2-way vs 1-way?).

No not likely. The one thing that might impact is if they Bruins decided to overpay him, as that might bake teams less willing to claim, if Boston gave him 2 mil a year for 3 years say

Reactions: 8thRoundPick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad