Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Moving Mason Lohrei is straight up craziness.

Even if they bring in and extend Chychrun, it shouldn't change a darn thing when it comes to Mason Lohrei.

Extend Chychrun, bridge Lohrei for 2-years next summer, and when it's time for Lohrei's big deal, you ship Hampus Lindholm to one of the 16 teams he can't block.

I'm using this comment to suffice as a "double like"

This would be an ideal way to build and retain your d core.

Chychrun - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

is a sublime top 4, and gives you everything you need offensively, defensively, PP, etc.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
The more I think about Chychrun as a long term option the more I like it. He fills a need and would give Mac a decent break offensively, blocking shots, and on the pp as well as allow Lohrei time to grow into his role and make mistakes without them stinging as much. If the B’s walk away this offseason with a 1st round draft pick, Chychrun, Lindholm, long term signed Sway, and a bottom 6 guy it would be difficult to have any immediate criticisms as it’s exactly what everyone wanted, just maybe not the same names some hoped for.

Depending on the cap rising in 3 years we might not even mind Hampus on the 3rd pair cap wise if trading him would create a hole and they are major contenders.

Reactions: kdog82

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Chychrun - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

is a sublime top 4, and gives you everything you need offensively, defensively, PP, etc.

Until the moment you realize you get Chychrun for 40 games a year going forward. That's the big issue with him, not talent or possible fit, but that the guy simply cannot stay healthy enough to count on. Last season was an outlier for his norm.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What's a fair deal? If he goes to FA, he is likely looking at 8.5 - 9.5 million a year for 7 years. So what is a fair deal. If you sign him to an 8 year deal with a number that starts with a 7, that is a huge hometown discount

Since 16/17, he's missed 25% of possible games played due to injury except for 2 seasons.

If he has another full season this year, that will definitely help his case. But I can imagine quite a few GMs would be factoring that in to whatever you think he's going to be paid.

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Lauko is a replaceable type of player as all 4th line types are but the Bruins are in need of a guy with his skillset. Fast, aggressive on the forecheck, seems to thrive getting under the skin of the opposition, fearless.

If the Bruins want to get faster this offseason, losing potentially all of Lauko, DeBrusk, and Boqvist is going to drop a lot of team speed off the lineup. Maybe some of that will be balanced with Maroon and JVR off the roster too.
I’d like to see Boqvist stay in Boston—good player. I’m indifferent on Lauko and guessing that DeBrusk will go as a free agent.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Chychrun fills a need on this team. We desperately need someone who can put puck on net from the blueline. Chychrun over the last 3 years ranks top 30 in goals and shots among d-men. Pair him with a guy like Carlo and he gets more flexibility in the o-zone to generate offense.

Lindholm - McAvoy
Chychrun - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

^That's freaking awesome top 4 and a strong top 6.
Chychrun should be a very good replacement for Grzelcyk in the rotation.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Chychrun - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

With that top 4 does Lindholm drop to third pair or is he trade bait?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's a lot of money for a guy who either gets burried in Providence carrying 1.75 million on the Bruins Cap, or else, gives us poor play off the bench while we see Bussi claimed on waivers by another team
That is a huge point, Bussi going on waivers do not like that at all. The purpose of moving Ullmark is for more cap space.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Chychrun - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

To me, the only fly in the soup would be if Lindholm's play drops off and they can't find a taker when his NMC shifts to a No-trade. Buy-out would be an option but it's a pricy buy-out the first 3 years of the 6 (roughly 3.5 million per year).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
To me, the only fly in the soup would be if Lindholm's play drops off and they can't find a taker when his NMC shifts to a No-trade. Buy-out would be an option but it's a pricy buy-out the first 3 years of the 6 (roughly 3.5 million per year).

The other fly in the soup is that Chychrun is a serious injury waiting to happen. If he comes here, I'll be on his side and want him to be great of course, but now everyone seeems to be on his bandwagon when a couple years ago when it was rumored he was a Sweeney trade target, most didn't want any part of his ongoing injury issues. Not sure why that is changed unless it's that he had a healthy season last season for the first time and folks think he's turned a corner on that. Maybe he has.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The other fly in the soup is that Chychrun is a serious injury waiting to happen. If he comes here, I'll be on his side and want him to be great of course, but now everyone seeems to be on his bandwagon when a couple years ago when it was rumored he was a Sweeney trade target, most didn't want any part of his ongoing injury issues. Not sure why that is changed unless it's that he had a healthy season last season for the first time and folks think he's turned a corner on that. Maybe he has.

He's had knee issues over the course of his career. It's definitely something to consider when dealing for him. If he was a bit older it would be even more concerning. I can see why some would want to stay clear of him.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'd flip him for a picks/prospects/young-NHLer.

Their defense doesn't need him

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I like Chychrun but we don't need him. Plus his next deal will be long and expensive. We need an experienced D for 3rd pair and insurance for Lohrei in the top 4 on short and relatively cheap money. If Lohrei takes the top 4 spot and runs with it, great. If he stumbles, we have insurance to drop him back to 3rd pair to gain experience. Someone like Brenden Dillon or equivalent.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
I like Chychrun but we don't need him. Plus his next deal will be long and expensive. We need an experienced D for 3rd pair and insurance for Lohrei in the top 4 on short and relatively cheap money. If Lohrei takes the top 4 spot and runs with it, great. If he stumbles, we have insurance to drop him back to 3rd pair to gain experience. Someone like Brenden Dillon or equivalent.
Someone mentioned earlier keep Chychrun and move Lindholm which I would be on board with, still leaving the possibility to bring in a Dillon or equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad