Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Updates I have read . Extension not an issue in the talks. That is from Freidman. Pinto going to Boston was a non-starter for Ottawa. Bruins not willing to take either Sens goalie.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015

It's a long read from late 2022 but if we can pry this guy away from Ottawa as a piece in the Ullmark trade I'm an instant fan. Type of guy you want on your team...no quit, no complaining...just work, then work harder and improve

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's Sweeney's best UFA signing by far. Not to mention at the time, Jeremy Swayman had 11 NHL games under his belt and Rask's career was in jeopardy but not completely wrote off.

Credit the scouting they saw Ullmark for that horrible Buffalo team and despite how bad that team was, the games he played their record was markedly better than their overall. It's not like Sweeney went out and signed some established No.1 for a 7 year deal at 8-9 million. Ullmark was signed basically as a bridge between the Rask's era into the Swayman era, and in that regard he did the job, probably better than he was expected.

Ullmark being Sweeney’s best FA signing is a massive issue. Chiarelli probably had 5 better FA signings.

Sure maybe best regular season FA. He’s arguably the worst postseason player in bruins recent history.

Name me one worse. Single handedly lost us two series.

Without a doubt they’d have been better off without him. You can’t get worse in the playoffs without him.

Ullmark is right in the convo among worst postseason goalies of the past 3 years he has been so incredibly bad.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

It's a long read from late 2022 but if we can pry this guy away from Ottawa as a piece in the Ullmark trade I'm an instant fan. Type of guy you want on your team...no quit, no complaining...just work, then work harder and improve
Get this kid, he has future captain written all over him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would love for someone to try to explain how Ullmark was net positive in the playoffs for us the past three years. He lost us two series.

Hard to get much worse than him. Someone name worse player than him

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would love for someone to try to explain how Ullmark was net positive in the playoffs for us the past three years. He lost us two series.

Vezina winner last year and clearly hurt in PO’s. That series was lost by Monty and no one else.

He played one game in this year’s playoff loss.

Give it a rest.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Seems light to me if we’re taking back a 2.75mil goalie and they’re getting an Ullmark extension..
Seems like a reasonable package to me
-A well thought of prospect
-A first round round draft choice - albeit #25
-cap savings of $2.25m ( $5.0 Ullmark savings reduced by Forsberg in Providence with $1.75m not able to be buried plus Bussi at $1m)

assuming you don't then deal Forsberg for something nominal like a 4th or 5th and increase the cap savings to $4m

Reactions: Gordoff

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022

Big, people like his character, plays hard, fights, has more offensive skill than most up the middle prospects boston has... seems like a no brainer

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Dude, just give it a rest. We signed him to bridge the gap from Tuukka to Swayman. He did that very well, was a great teammate, won a vezina, and is now seemingly willing to waive him NTC rather then dragging his feet so we can potentially get really good value back for him. It's fine to say the signing worked out really well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad