Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would love to see Bruins make a run at Nashville winger Zachary L”Heureux. He played for Milwaukee in the AHL.He had 19 goals 29 assists & 197 PIMS. He’s leading the playoffs in scoring & PIMS. He was a 1st round in 2021. 27th overall.This kid was born to be a BRUIN.
From the sounds of it he plays exactly how the predators like to play

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What top Center would be fair value in a hypothetical trade for McAvoy?
That's a Great question. I mean you have the obvious answer in Draisaitl with his pending FA next year. Then there's Jack Hughes, Aho, Pettersson and Barkov. I don't see Mathews and McKinnon going anywhere.

Fair Value as a Bruin fan, I'd want Draisaitl or Hughes so its probably not fair value. lol

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
That's a Great question. I mean you have the obvious answer in Draisaitl with his pending FA next year. Then there's Jack Hughes, Aho, Pettersson and Barkov. I don't see Mathews and McKinnon going anywhere.

Fair Value as a Bruin fan, I'd want Draisaitl or Hughes so its probably not fair value. lol
Hughes, barkov and petterson aren’t going anywhere and there team aren’t trading them . A dman doesn’t get Center franchise players. Lol
Florida says no. Canucks do toi

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Neither McAvoy or Pasta will be traded, lol. Both are in the upper echelons at their position in the league.

McAvoy had a very inconsistent year but he's still a #1 dman on this team and in this league.
McAvoy , Pasta and Swayman are the foundational pieces of the future ...the only way any are going anywhere is if they demand a trade

Starting with a top tier goalie, dman and forward is how you build a perennial winning team ...add another elite talent or two and you get included in serious decisions about contending for a Cup

Which is why I hope DS prioritizes landing an A player over a couple of B players

Reactions: ylekot and sarge88

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hughes, barkov and petterson aren’t going anywhere and there team aren’t trading them . A dman doesn’t get Center franchise players. Lol
Florida says no. Canucks do toi
No I'm sure their not, and neither is McAvoy, but i disagree on a Number one Defenseman wouldn't fetch a Number one center. Value wise its just getting the needs of a team and what they can and cannot afford to do.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I would love to see Bruins make a run at Nashville winger Zachary L”Heureux. He played for Milwaukee in the AHL.He had 19 goals 29 assists & 197 PIMS. He’s leading the playoffs in scoring & PIMS. He was a 1st round in 2021. 27th overall.This kid was born to be a BRUIN.
Maybe born to be a Bruin but grown up to be a Predator. Nashville moved up to select him in the first round. Good start to his pro career. I’d hang onto and develop him.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I think I would trade him for most of the guys you listed here, not sure about Aho, but any of the others yes.

Pasta will go before McAvoy, lets see some hypotheticals for him
Not for this fan, Pasta is not going anywhere.

Draisaitl unsigned
I would do it, provided you have a pretty good idea you can then sign Draisaitl.

Reactions: TCB

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Yikes. If he's looking to cash in, the Bruins should look elsewhere. There are some other UFA options at center or if need be, they can go look at adding another top 6 winger.
Who would you want the bruins to sign?

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Honestly, I'd almost rather they sit on the cap space and run it back with Coyle and Zacha as the top two centres again if it means not giving out a crippling contract to someone like Lindholm. Lindholm is a nice player but adding him to the top-6 does NOT turn this team into a contender imo and as such, the Bruins should not be looking to overpay him.

If he can be had for a reasonable contract then by all means, they should try to add him but if not (and it certainly appears he is looking to cash in), I'd rather they keep their options open in case a Draisaitl or Eichel hits the market next year. Those are the type of playerss to open up the vault for, not the Lindholms, Monohans or Pintos of the world.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If we are looking at improving the top 6, Stephenson may be a cheaper option than Lindholm. Ideally the Bruins get a center, but if they are looking at wingers, Bertuzzi worked really well with Zacha and Pastrnak and is a known line that worked. It remains to be seen if Bertuzzi decides to re-sign with the Leafs though since they have been discussing an extension. If the Bruins are willing to spend $8M+ in free agency, I think they would be better off looking at someone like Guentzel than Lindholm at that cap hit. Teräväinen would also be interesting.

Second tier to me would be re-signing DeBrusk or looking at someone like Domi, who may also re-sign with the Leafs. If the Bruins want to add a veteran, Stamkos or Kane could be options, but those two kind of go against what the Bruins want to do this offseason by getting faster and potentially more physical.

Worst case scenario, I have mentioned it here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Poitras get a look between Zacha and Pastrnak. He has played with both of them last season.

Bruins could also try targeting a top 6 LW or C via trade. Overall I do think the Bruins need to add at least two top 6F this offseason.
or he doesn't want to be 3rd line center
Could be, but Miller and Peterson can always play wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad