Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is Pinto that guy?

Yeah, I know some people love Pinto. I haven't watched him enough. Do we think he is a future number 1 or a future Charlie Coyle ? Nothing wrong with the second scenario, and still would be good return for Ullmark. But not sure I would throw Poitras in if I think it is the second, as i think poitras is a future second line C

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Skjei would probably be perfect, unless he turns back into a NYR pumpkin after leaving the Canes. Tons of even strength production and he plays PK.

Going to take big money, though.

edit: Actually, if they are going to raid the Canes, they should steal Chatfield while they're at it. Might be a super-late bloomer and he'd give them insurance against Peeke sucking.
i've watched chatfield a lot. he is a late bloomer. he's physical and can skate.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't see us having the value to match others in a bidding war for Zegras but dammit I hope we give it our best shot. I'd put any prospect or pick on the table for him and that includes Poitras.
Good we don't need him. Overrated, shitty face off guy, defense sucks, don't like his attitude, and a face that deserves a fistful knuckles. I think a poll should be taken who is most likely to punch this guy out in the locker room first..

I threw out Vrana earlier today as a buy low options. Few other names to maybe kick tires on a they shouldn't break the bank....

Denis Gurianov - Turns 27yr old tomorrow. Had some decent years in Dallas early in his career. He's bounced around the last two season with time in Dallas, Montreal, Nashville & Philadelphia

Sammy Blais - Good size at 6'2/210lb and 28yrs ol. Plays an in your face game and throws the body. Has battled injuries due to his style of play, but he's a relentless forechecker.

William Carrier - Similar size and play style to Blais but has shown slightly better offensive production.

Jani Hakanpaa - Massive RD at 6'6/225lb. Throw a lot of hits and plays a smart defensive game.

Anthony Beauvillier - coming off a down season but still just 27yrs old and usually a 35-40pt guy.

Christian Fischer - mentioned him last year. The offense has never really translated at the NHL level, but the talent is there. Good defensively, plays in your face.

They're not names that are going to get people ready to plan a parade, but could be guys that you wonder how they signed so cheap i.e. Heinen
Funny you mentioned Varana, I was thinking of him also, good buy low option.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I like this but I'd prefer to use some of our cap and get a 2C and slide Coyle down a line to play with Lysell and Freddy.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Zegras-Debrusk
Freddy-Coyle-Lysell
Olivier-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist

Trade Ullmark for a 1st + ????
Trade 1st + Merkulov + Geekie for Zegras
Olivier for Lauko
We'd be fairly tight against the cap in this scenario.
Swayman (7 mill) Lindholm (7 mill) Debrusk (5 mill) Zegras (5.5 mill) Olivier (1.1 mill) Bussi (1 mill)
Out: Ullmark (-5 mill) Geekie (-2 mill) Lauko (-787.5K)
Net: 18.8
Disclaimer: Debrusk and Lindholm very team friendly contracts. Swayman 8yrs X7 would be ideal!
I would rather Pinto over Lindholm and or Zegras, and he will be cheaper for awhile so you can address other areas until you have to pay him the bucks.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I’m saying it’s highly likely Colorado isn’t on his no trade list
Wasn't there a report that Ullmark wanted to stay on the east coast? Granted, Colorado isn't considered West Coast by any means. Since he has a 15-team no trade list, maybe Colorado is the one WCF team he wouldn't mind getting traded to.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You need to watch Pinto more often\closely. Poitras has more skill without a doubt.
Pinto is a decent 3C on a PO Team, nothing more.
Interesting, I watched quite a few Senators games last year as I love Tkachuk and thought Pinto was one of their best 3 or 4 best forwards. After his suspension he was on fire, he did cool off but I really like him. Again I really like Poitras as well and would love for them to be the 1 and 2 centers going forward. Sign Lindholm who can transition to the 3C in a couple years as he is very solid defensively and roll with Poitras/Pinto/Lindholm as the top three centers.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Thinking if they want to spend on a defenseman Skjei might be the best fit

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I love Zadorov as a player but fit wise I’m not sure he makes sense unless Carlo gets moved and replaced with a guy who can move the puck (doubtful)
Skjei would be a great add, but its hard to keep one of Carlo or Lindholm if you add him cause hed be getting at least 7 mill. Its a 1b/2a type dman (like lindholm) not the top tier (top 10) no1 guy like McAvoy but 100% a top pair and borderline number 1 on a non contender like Lindholm.

Reactions: CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Skjei would be a great add, but its hard to keep one of Carlo or Lindholm if you add him cause hed be getting at least 7 mill. Its a 1b/2a type dman (like lindholm) not the top tier (top 10) no1 guy like McAvoy but 100% a top pair and borderline number 1 on a non contender like Lindholm.

I think he would be worth it.

Let Grizz, Fobort and Shattenkirk go and the money's a wash.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
:huh: yah...you're way off.

Really? A 23 year old 6 '3' center who plays big and fast and a potential 2nd line center? 20 goals in 2023?

Way off? Poitras is going to be better than pinto in 4 years most likely. So let’s offer him and a #1 goalie. We keep saying the goalie market sucks but I don’t buy what everyone is selling. There is about 6-7 teams that are desperate for a #1 goalie. Ullmark is a bonafide #1 on a nice contract. He is probably the best available goalie. Saros could be the better option if he is even available. Markstrom is the other option but he is over the hill and hasn’t had a great couple of seasons.

I’d be very reluctant to include poitras in any deal. I’d be reluctant to do poitras for pinto straight up. Let alone including the goalie that could fetch a first round pick or a top tier prospect.

But hey what do I know. Maybe pinto is worth a viezna trophy winner and the bruins shinny new toy. I think that would be robbery by the sens personally. Ullmark probably won’t even waive to go there anyways. So there’s that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad