Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
skjei can skate and has a good shot from the point. he's not very physical. i've watched him a lot. he's going to be expensive and he's over 30. he's been a good 2nd pair guy for the canes.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I think he would be worth it.

Let Grizz, Fobort and Shattenkirk go and the money's a wash.
Hes a great player, Bruins added some PK and nasty in Peeke, but the Bruins lack highend offense and a true shot threat on the blue line, maybe they let Lohrei continue to take that role over or they try to add in the short term. if you add Skjei you have to either get rid of Lindholm or replace Carlo with offense on the right side.

Frustratingly Charlie has the offense in him but he never wants to be the shot, always wants to pass. Sometimes he frees himself and rushes into the slot or down to the net and its amazing. well see what happens.

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He would be the most dangerous shooter from the Bruins blue line.

That's something they really could use.
He's got a total of 3 goals in his last three playoff pushes (40 games).

Carlo had 3 this year.

If they're going to pay big for someone it's got to be for a guy who is nails in the playoffs - big physical defenseman who elevates their game.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Way off? Poitras is going to be better than pinto in 4 years most likely. So let’s offer him and a #1 goalie. We keep saying the goalie market sucks but I don’t buy what everyone is selling. There is about 6-7 teams that are desperate for a #1 goalie. Ullmark is a bonafide #1 on a nice contract. He is probably the best available goalie. Saros could be the better option if he is even available. Markstrom is the other option but he is over the hill and hasn’t had a great couple of seasons.

I’d be very reluctant to include poitras in any deal. I’d be reluctant to do poitras for pinto straight up. Let alone including the goalie that could fetch a first round pick or a top tier prospect.

But hey what do I know. Maybe pinto is worth a viezna trophy winner and the bruins shinny new toy. I think that would be robbery by the sens personally. Ullmark probably won’t even waive to go there anyways. So there’s that.
Agree, they only way I trade Ullmark + Poitras to the Sens for Pinto, is if the Sens also attach the #7 OA pick and another pick maybe a 3rd.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You need to watch Pinto more often\closely. Poitras has more skill without a doubt.
Pinto is a decent 3C on a PO Team, nothing more.
Poitras might have more skill but I am having my concerns he will hold up, and I have watched Pinto, and do believe he can be more than a 3C.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Poitras might have more skill but I am having my concerns he will hold up, and I have watched Pinto, and do believe he can be more than a 3C.
Interesting. The Sens media guys all have said that they have issues when they put Pinto up too high.

Under no circumstances should the Bruins be trading a 19 year old center prospect who can play in the league already for someone like Pinto. And no way they would anyway so a moot point.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Good point, but do you think Colorado would bite given the chance?
Colorado could surely use Ullmark. I think it would be a great trade for both teams.

Pinto is a 3C imo. Thinking he is a 2C is a big mistake for an acquiring team IMO
Bruins have a bunch of Pintos. They could use a couple Ferraris.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
We will see if Lindholm and/or Zadorov even get to the market.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

I don't buy it unless Miller or Petterson move to wing.

we hate 5.25 mil for a 3C, imagine paying 7/8 for one.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When you put it that way it puts things into perspective lol

Of course you are replacing 3 lineup spots with 1. So really in a scenario like this you have Peeke, Lohrei, and Skjei, and are paying about 3.6 mil more this year, and it will 5-6 million more the following year when Lohrei gets a bridge deal (on the low end)

That is a big concern in general waiting for FA to get these guys signed, Some percentage, maybe a decent percentage will be off the market

You are basically playing a game of musical chairs and half the chairs may be gone by the first song

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Thinking if they want to spend on a defenseman Skjei might be the best fit

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I love Zadorov as a player but fit wise I’m not sure he makes sense unless Carlo gets moved and replaced with a guy who can move the puck (doubtful)
For me we can’t spend any more money on the D. Our problems are up front. We need better years from Mack and Lindholm

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Thinking if they want to spend on a defenseman Skjei might be the best fit

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I love Zadorov as a player but fit wise I’m not sure he makes sense unless Carlo gets moved and replaced with a guy who can move the puck (doubtful)
Skjei is very good and is the only big name defenseman I really have any interest in in the UFA market. Can play hard minutes next to Carlo or be put in a more offensive role with McAvoy. Great skater, big shot with a shot first mentality. He checks every box.

But all that being said, I think with what we saw from Lohrei in the playoffs you kinda have to ride with him in the top 4 and really go all out on targeting top 6 help. That's THE area of need on this team unless the org thinks Lysell is closer to being ready then we've been led to believe so far.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Could a be VAN just trying to grease the wheel if they decide to trade either players UFA rights. As the post says, the folks reporting this are getting their info from the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad