Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
One guy I would like the Bruins inquire about is Blake Coleman in Calgary. He is 32 and is due $4.9 million per for the next 3 years. He is coming off a 30 goal season. Plays on both PK and PP. He can forecheck something fierce and plays with some edge. If Calgary is looking to rebuild I would love to see him in black and gold. I believe the rumor was he was down to Boston and Calgary when he chose to go with Calgary a few years back.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Who are the top 5 centers hitting UFA? Not wingers that can play C but actual NHL centers?
Elias Lindholm and Chandler Stephenson are the top 2, then it's probably like Sean Monahan, Alex Wennberg, and I guess Max Domi (but he moved to Matthews' wing).

This is not including Sam Reinhart cause I don't think he actually hits UFA, but he was a center for years during his Sabres days.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I don't think so. I am not high on Necas but the incredible disappearing DeBrusk has run his course in Boston. I am good with letting JDB go and getting a better player than Necas
He showed up in the playoffs again. I wish Pasta could do the sa Zacha? How many points for Coyle the last 2 years. I’m as frustrated by his inconsistency as any one., but he helps eliminate the Leafs. That’s worth something to me.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The advantage to doing it before the draft is you've gathered ammunition and you've gotten ahead of anyone else looking to move a goalie.

If you wait, the market could dry up as teams looking for a goalie would ultimately like it done before July 1.

Hockey people I talk to think the Bruins would like to get it done before the draft.

hopefully nashville signs saros long term. takes one of the top guys off the market and then it's really ullmark or markstrom.
sure guys like gustavsson and some free agents like brossoit are available, but those aren't guys that teams in need of a #1 are after.

Who are the top 5 centers hitting UFA? Not wingers that can play C but actual NHL centers?

3 best:

elias lindholm
chandler stephenson
sean monahan

after that you're talking guys like domi who aren't centers you want...or guys like wennberg who are more of what we already have.
it's not a good crop at all.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
He showed up in the playoffs again. I wish Pasta could do the sa Zacha? How many points for Coyle the last 2 years. I’m as frustrated by his inconsistency as any one., but he helps eliminate the Leafs. That’s worth something to me.
At no point will you ever see me defend Charlie Coyles playoff performances, just as bad as Grizlik.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not at all.

What I am saying is Sweeney should take the best deal he can get from any team not on Ullmark's list and be damned whether it's a rival.

He better than anyone should know what it's like to take it to another team. ( my reference to the LA/SJ/Jones)
I couldn't agree more. Our cupboards are bare, and we need to add to the roster so whoever allows us to best improve our team is the deal I want.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Who adds in this scenario:
Ullmark + Geekie to New Jersey
10th overall plus Dawson Mercer

Devils get their goaltender and likely re-signs him immediately as part of the deal. They also get Geekie who would be their new #3C

Bruins get some draft capital for this year and likely a very solid prospect and get Mercer who can play 2RW on a line with Marchy. He replaces Jake for a cheaper price as well. Also, only 22 years old.

Geekie 17 goals in 2024
Mercer 20 goals in 2024

Reactions: bbfan419

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

Devils get their goaltender and likely re-signs him immediately as part of the deal. They also get Geekie who would be their new #3C

Bruins get some draft capital for this year and likely a very solid prospect and get Mercer who can play 2RW on a line with Marchy. He replaces Jake for a cheaper price as well. Also, only 22 years old.

Geekie 17 goals in 2024
Mercer 20 goals in 2024
I think the B’s need to add a decently enticing piece to get Mercer + 10th overall if it’s Ullmark and Geekie going back. Maybe NJ values Geekie more than I think but he seems like a fairly easy role to fill for most teams without giving up a player like Mercer.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Geekie 17 goals in 2024
Mercer 20 goals in 2024
I think they would want Frederic not Geekie and maybe we add Lysell.

Reactions: UConn126

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Due to this, in a recent article for The Fourth Period, NHL insider David Pagnotta listed the Bruins as one of the many teams that could look to acquire Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers this offseason. He also noted that Ehlers is not interested in an extension with the Jets, which is why they are shopping him.

Have always loved ehlers and wanted to trade for him he’d be a great Jake replacement

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Due to this, in a recent article for The Fourth Period, NHL insider David Pagnotta listed the Bruins as one of the many teams that could look to acquire Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers this offseason. He also noted that Ehlers is not interested in an extension with the Jets, which is why they are shopping him.

Sounds great, but seems like a tough match.

They don’t need goaltending and we don’t have much draft capital or many high end prospects to part with.

Who would interest them as the primary part of a package?

Carlo, Frederic, Coyle?

Reactions: Blowfish

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Idk how it's possible asset wise, but if they somehow pull off adding Ehlers and Necas in one offseason I'll be so happy. Instantly makes us 1000x faster as a team then we were last year, fills all the holes in the top 6.

Reactions: sarge88

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
It's not like Florida is some super speedy team that ran us out of the park or something. They play quick and as a unit with layers. Their forecheck isn't just send one guy flying. It's one in to force them into their wet blanket of support.
We need fast decision making not straight line speed. Both is fine sure. We were definitely slower but we don't need to add speed that compensates on the "hard"er parts. Board work!

Can't transport the puck with speed if you can't win the puck and make the breakout. Makes me miss Hall a little he was good at both.

Reactions: Fenian24

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

I want Poitras to experience AHL and prove self healthy and can dominate that level

That lineup wins cup folks

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

I want Poitras to experience AHL and prove self healthy and can dominate that level

That lineup wins cup folks

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny
Almost...add Domi and you have the best of the best for F/Os and pain in arses to play against.

Heinze- Domi- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko & (Freddy trade)

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

Geekie 17 goals in 2024
Mercer 20 goals in 2024
Bruins add, Mercer has much higher upside

Sounds great, but seems like a tough match.

They don’t need goaltending and we don’t have much draft capital or many high end prospects to part with.

Who would interest them as the primary part of a package?

Carlo, Frederic, Coyle?
I'm sure they would love Frederic but I think Carlo gets it done, cannot see Coyle waiving his no trade to Winnipeg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad