Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It follows him.

Here's where the confusion is:

Ullmark only has to waive for teams on his list. The Bruins have his list. He does not have to waive for teams not on it.

I keep going back and forth in my mind, granted a scary place.
If Bruins deal Linus before signing Sway, Sway has even more leverage.
If Bruins sign Sway before dealing Linus then teams interested in Linus have a bit more leverage.
These are the crazy things that keep me awake sometimes. 😁

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Bruins sign Sway before dealing Linus then teams interested in Linus have a bit more leverage.

Well in theory you agree to a deal with Sway, and then deal Linus before announcing the Sway deal.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Swayman talked how much he loves Boston so much so what’s the problem why hasn’t he signed,I guess no home town discount.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McAvoy, Lindholm, Orlov, Carlo was an insane top 4.

Clifton is a solid D that went out and got 4m AAV right after. Clifton had a horrendous game 6. No one was screaming for a Clifton upgrade at the time.

Forbort was even, although that was mostly based on luck. Gryz was a -1.

Orlov/McAvoy pairing was the one that really struggled. Perhaps because they hadn't actually played together in the regular season. That was on the coach.

Carlo/Lindholm +2
Orlov/McAvoy -3
Forbort -1, Grizz -1, Clifton -4

Also got zero goals from that defense. Panthers got 6 goals from their Dmen.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Swayman talked how much he loves Boston so much so what’s the problem why hasn’t he signed,I guess no home town discount.

This will be his once in a lifetime contract IMO. If he signs for any number starting with a six he is giving a discount. If its in the 7s he’s getting market value. In the 8s he likes Boston but not enough to put a ring on it.
IMO.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This will be his once in a lifetime contract IMO. If he signs for any number starting with a six he is giving a discount. If its in the 7s he’s getting market value. In the 8s he likes Boston but not enough to put a ring on it.
IMO.

If Swayman really believes in himself, he should go for a good 3-year deal in Boston. He's the man here now and it's a good bet he'll have great numbers for the Bruins. When he's 28 he can go for whatever he can get for as long as he can get.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yup.

No way anything gets leaked about either situation until the Bruins want it out.

Guaranteed agents and rival GM have been told as much.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hopefully Ullmark's value will be based on how much a team feels they need him. Demand.

Swayman's contract will be based on how much the Bruins need HIM.

So you sign Swayman first and trade Ullmark to the highest bidder.

Or put another way, once Swayman is signed, the Bruins don't HAVE to trade Ullmark to have a good season. But if you trade Ullmark first, you HAVE to sign Swayman to have a good season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Hopefully Ullmark's value will be based on how much a team feels they need him. Demand.

Or put another way, once Swayman is signed, the Bruins don't HAVE to trade Ullmark to have a good season. But if you trade Ullmark first, you HAVE to sign Swayman to have a good season.

So why would Swayman sign before the Bruins move Ullmark?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If Swayman really believes in himself, he should go for a good 3-year deal in Boston. He's the man here now and it's a good bet he'll have great numbers for the Bruins. When he's 28 he can go for whatever he can get for as long as he can get.

I think he’d be nuts to do that. I bet his agent will too. One debilitating injury and not having huge lockout provisions and he could royally screw himself. For the fans and Bs a shorter term would be great. But this is a business.
Other side of the coin, if Bruins believe in him they have no issue going long term.
Its a two way street.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
IMO.
Pasta didn't take a discount. McAvoy didn't take a discount. No reason for Swayman to take a discount. True market value is in the 8s.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

If you sign Sway and keep Linus you tie your hands on Cap flexibility to improve other areas.
The best of all worlds is to have a gentlemen’s agreement with Sway. Thats my view anyway.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’m also pretty sure the fact that the Bruins are most likely trading Ullmark is already baked in to both trade negotiations and contract negotiations.

Reactions: dangermike

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would imagine the receiving club would insist on that. And perhaps Linus too depending on destination. Yep.
What I meant was whether Ullmark is traded before or after Swayman signs has no bearing on either transaction. It’s already baked in.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Pasta didn't take a discount. McAvoy didn't take a discount. No reason for Swayman to take a discount. True market value is in the 8s.
I'm really hoping you're wrong and the value is in the 7s, but you're probably right. That playoff run probably renders his second half/third quarter performance dip meaningless.

Hate giving one goalie 10% of the cap, but it is what it is.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm really hoping you're wrong and the value is in the 7s, but you're probably right. That playoff run probably renders his second half/third quarter performance dip meaningless.

Hate giving one goalie 10% of the cap, but it is what it is.
Shesterkin is going to be in the 11s. Top Tier goaltenders are going to get big money now.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

In the scheme of things, let's go with dealing Linus before signing Sway.

Sway has plenty of leverage regardless. His play speaks for itself -- crucially, of course, in these playoffs -- and everyone and their brother knows the Bruins will deal Ullmark and install Jeremy as the unquestioned number one netminder.

Take a Benadryl before bed. It works for me.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
IMO.

I suspect that will be the case. Jeremy, like many goaltenders (see: Tim Thomas) is the prickly kind. He will not be taken advantage of, certainly not by Don Sweeney, and he's not going to take a hometown discount.

He knows his value and he won't take less to be a good soldier lining the pockets of the old man.

Nor should he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad