Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Let Debrusk and Heinen walk and give their money to Marchessault and Maroon.

They hardballed him, went to arbitration and offered 2 million. I wouldn't blame him if he held out for every last cent, he earned it.

I could be wrong but I think Swayman was the one who requested arbitration, unpleasant as the process inevitably is.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How long ago was that Cup Final? How many times did Gryz show that his game collapses in the playoffs?
Well they lost the games he was scratched last year I believe, but either way 3rd pair LD shouldn't be a spot that sinks you, and contrary to your original point Sweeney did improve the left side. The cap exists and I'm not sure they could have afforded another addition last season.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What do we have to add to Ullmark to get Hirscher? They can’t be thrilled with him as captain and probably won’t trade Hughes.

Any chance Coyle left them off his NTC list? Eat some salary and move him with Linus. Or Geekie who would be a fit for the salaries.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It follows him.

Here's where the confusion is:

Ullmark only has to waive for teams on his list. The Bruins have his list. He does not have to waive for teams not on it.
Hey Dom thanks for recognizing "the Blowfish" yesterday's live show. Good stuff as usual. A dumb question. Are the bruins motivated to move Ullmark before July 1 or okay waiting post July 1. Not sure if there's an obvious advantage(s) or disadvantage(s) to make a trade before July 1.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Hey Dom thanks for recognizing "the Blowfish" yesterday's live show. Good stuff as usual. A dumb question. Are the bruins motivated to move Ullmark before July 1 or okay waiting post July 1. Not sure if there's an obvious advantage(s) or disadvantage(s) to make a trade before July 1.

I know you're not asking me but the draft is supposed to be end of June, so if 2024 picks are involved in the trade strategy, then you'd have to go before July 1st

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What do we have to add to Ullmark to get Hirscher? They can’t be thrilled with him as captain and probably won’t trade Hughes.

Any chance Coyle left them off his NTC list? Eat some salary and move him with Linus. Or Geekie who would be a fit for the salaries.

You’d have to add a better center than Hischier to get them to trade Hischier

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The advantage to doing it before the draft is you've gathered ammunition and you've gotten ahead of anyone else looking to move a goalie.

If you wait, the market could dry up as teams looking for a goalie would ultimately like it done before July 1.

Hockey people I talk to think the Bruins would like to get it done before the draft.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The advantage to doing it before the draft is you've gathered ammunition and you've gotten ahead of anyone else looking to move a goalie.

If you wait, the market could dry up as teams looking for a goalie would ultimately like it done before July 1.

Hockey people I talk to think the Bruins would like to get it done before the draft.

I have to think the Bruins will want to settle all family business before the draft, or at worst by june 30

Need to get Swayman signed
Need to make the Ullmark trade
Need to make decisions on Heinen /Debrusk

They need to be ready to go on July 1 at noon knowing exactly who is under contract, and what needs they have to fill, and how much money they have to fill it

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ultimately, that's my bottom line as well.

A coach is responsible for coaching. Players are responsible for their play.

The only guy responsible for all of it is the General Manager. "The buck stops here," as Truman noted.

The team reflects the manager's values, strengths, shortcomings and blind spots.

It's all there if you look for it.
Dude the GM put together a team that set the all time regular season and you didn’t post the entire season

We were ready to organize a search party to find you

So they bottom out and get 110 points and give eventual Cup champion Panthers a run for their money

You act like Sweeney is responsible for the Sabres

DeBrusk Heinen 2024

Reactions: LouJersey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think he’d be nuts to do that. I bet his agent will too. One debilitating injury and not having huge lockout provisions and he could royally screw himself. For the fans and Bs a shorter term would be great. But this is a business.
Other side of the coin, if Bruins believe in him they have no issue going long term.
Its a two way street.

If he gets $21 mil for 3 years and can't play again, I wouldn't consider that screwed.

Well I guess he could sit out the season. If he wanted to.

The Bruins would still have Ullmark and still be successful.

That's kind of unlikely.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If he gets $21 mil for 3 years and can't play again, I wouldn't consider that screwed.

That's kind of unlikely.

No where near as good as 49 M for 7 years. Money is never worth more than today. Hell the Islanders are still paying Dipietro .

Whats enough for you or me is moot.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I have to think the Bruins will want to settle all family business before the draft, or at worst by june 30

Need to get Swayman signed
Need to make the Ullmark trade
Need to make decisions on Heinen /Debrusk

They need to be ready to go on July 1 at noon knowing exactly who is under contract, and what needs they have to fill, and how much money they have to fill it
I think debrusk is making his own decision. I don’t think it’s about if the bruins want him. It’s if he wants to stay.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If your trading McAvoy big advantage

Reactions: bbfan419

Babajingo

Dude the GM put together a team that set the all time regular season and you didn’t post the entire season

We were ready to organize a search party to find you

So they bottom out and get 110 points and give eventual Cup champion Panthers a run for their money

You act like Sweeney is responsible for the Sabres

DeBrusk Heinen 2024
Using that logic, Doug Armstrong (STL) or Ken Holland (EDM) get zero credit for turning around a crappy season. It was all on the players/coaches? They both brought in new coaches halfway through a crappy season, but get no credit for doing that?

I'm sure its somewhere in between. making the recipe vs picking out the ingredients thingy.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think debrusk is making his own decision. I don’t think it’s about if the bruins want him. It’s if he wants to stay.

It is a 2 way street. Whether you say Debrusk is going to make the decision or the bruins it doesn't much matter.

The Bruins need to make their last best offer, and move on. Maybe they have already done this. I dont know. On July 1 the bruins either have a Debrusk signed, or he is no longer a member of the team, and you move on to other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad