Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

I want Poitras to experience AHL and prove self healthy and can dominate that level

That lineup wins cup folks

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny
I thought you were going to be more serious? Just adding Lindholm wins them a cup??? Are Orr, Bourque and Park all playing D in their prime? Stop it now, it's much to early. Oh a second line center with these playoff numbers is not getting you a cup 61-9-12-21 and minus 20.

Almost...add Domi and you have the best of the best for F/Os and pain in arses to play against.

Heinze- Domi- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko & (Freddy trade)
Can't wait for the five year Frederic extension with a full NMC/NTC

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Almost...add Domi and you have the best of the best for F/Os and pain in arses to play against.

Heinze- Domi- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko & (Freddy trade)

Ick, don't want fake tough guy Domi. He was great on FO against Boston, but has not been a historically great FO guy. He is a great example of the fact FO can be improved, because he was downright poor at it until his age 27 season

Bruins add, Mercer has much higher upside

I'm sure they would love Frederic but I think Carlo gets it done, cannot see Coyle waiving his no trade to Winnipeg

I wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg is one of the teams on Carlo's no trade list as well. But I can't imagine the Bruins going into Next year with Peeke as their #2 RHD, and some bargain basement guy being #3 (again). And getting a #2 RHD might be harder to get than a scoring wing

In terms of Ehlers, good player. Are you prepared to give him that 6-8 year extension with a # starting with 7 Because this team can't afford to give up huge assets to get someone for a 1 year rental

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

I want Poitras to experience AHL and prove self healthy and can dominate that level

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny

Heinze- Domi- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko & (Freddy trade)

I like both these lineups.

Reactions: Blowfish

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Well they lost the games he was scratched last year I believe, but either way 3rd pair LD shouldn't be a spot that sinks you, and contrary to your original point Sweeney did improve the left side. The cap exists and I'm not sure they could have afforded another addition last season.
I really can't agree with u here if you r going for a Cup. They benched him this year
when they clearly weren't winning a Cup.

IMO compare Fla 3rd D pair of Kulikov\Mikkola, I consider it a lot better than Peeke\Gryz.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
I don't get these lineups that are only adding or changing one guy in the forward group. We desperately need some new blood to ignite the offense a little more. Adding Lindholm alone won't move the needle all that much, and frankly there are better scoring options available (probably via trade though) than re-signing DeBrusk.
The Bruins need at least 3 new forwards in the top 6 (if Debrusk doesn't resign).

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
At no point will you ever see me defend Charlie Coyles playoff performances, just as bad as Grizlik.
Just stop this garbage. Coyle has never been benched in his career in Boston in the PO. #48 has on several occasions. Just a god awful comparison.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Just stop this garbage. Coyle has never been benched in his career in Boston in the PO. #48 has on several occasions. Just a god awful comparison.
61-9-12-21 and minus 20. That's Coyle's last 5 years of playoff hockey, some as a number two center, can you defend it? Are those the numbers of a cup contending teams number 2 center?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny
B's couldn't win Cup with Bergeron\Krejci at 33 and 32 years old and Coyle at his prime
at 3C against a STL team that next years FLA squad would be better than.

I will say you will get really good odds with just Lindholm as a C upgrade, because Florida will still be favorites to eliminate Boston next year.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
U really want to let go two guys who will be 29 (Heinen) and 28 (DeBrusk) in December, for two guys who will be 34 (Marchessault) and 36 (Maroon)? Even giving Maroon is a year contract, you are going to have to pay close to DeBrusk $$ for Marchessault.

If Marchessault signs for less money than Debrusk it will be in Vegas. He has stated how important this year was for him and how this is his last chance to cash in for his family. So Debrusk might get more over the course of the 6-7 year deal, as Marchessault likely only signs for 4 years maybe 5.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Heins- Freddie- Geek
Beech- Bo- Brazilla
Lauko

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024

Get out & vote Donny

That bottom six won't win you anything.

Reactions: capecodder

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Guy doesn’t show up in the playoffs
Get him out of the Peg and Ill take my chances, the guy has elite level skill. A change of scenery can do wonders at times and he wouldn't be the first player who it took a while to produce come playoff time. He also did have 4 goals in his last 11 games heading into his 5 game goalless drought this year but he did pick up a pair of assist, so it isn't like he's been a complete no show and those are just offensive stats. I have to admit I didn't watch any jets games during the playoffs but the games I've watched during the regular season Ehlers does so much more than just points to help you win games. In 10 NHL seasons he's been a minus player only one year and is a career +92.

Only question I have is what's the cost ?

Reactions: Blowfish

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
61-9-12-21 and minus 20. That's Coyle's last 5 years of playoff hockey, some as a number two center, can you defend it? Are those the numbers of a cup contending teams number 2 center?
2\5 WERE AS A #2 CENTER, being matched up against categorically better centers in Aho, Staal, Barkov and Bennett. You make it sound like getting out played by those 4 guys were some type of original sin.

Come on man, his record playing against better talent is not remotely comparable to #48, so just stop being intellectually dishonest which you are clearly being here.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Sounds great, but seems like a tough match.

They don’t need goaltending and we don’t have much draft capital or many high end prospects to part with.

Who would interest them as the primary part of a package?

Carlo, Frederic, Coyle?
you rob peter to pay paul but they would want a player like geekie, coyle or freddy

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If Marchessault signs for less money than Debrusk it will be in Vegas. He has stated how important this year was for him and how this is his last chance to cash in for his family. So Debrusk might get more over the course of the 6-7 year deal, as Marchessault likely only signs for 4 years maybe 5.
4 years with Marchessault is taking you to age 37 by December 2027. That's a big no thank you to me at near DeBrusk $$$ and to u I'm sure.

Reactions: Hookslide

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Due to this, in a recent article for The Fourth Period, NHL insider David Pagnotta listed the Bruins as one of the many teams that could look to acquire Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers this offseason. He also noted that Ehlers is not interested in an extension with the Jets, which is why they are shopping him.

My concern with Ehler's is he's not very big at 6'0/172lb and has had some injury issues. It also seems like he doesn't step up in the playoffs. In the last 3 years of playoffs he's got a line of 12G / 2G / 3A....which isn't going to get you very far if he's supposed to be a key cog.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My concern with Ehler's is he's not very big at 6'0/172lb and has had some injury issues. It also seems like he doesn't step up in the playoffs. In the last 3 years of playoffs he's got a line of 12G / 2G / 3A....which isn't going to get you very far if he's supposed to be a key cog.
Winnipeg has continually messed with him and his ice time to a ridiculous degree. It's a running thing for Jeff Marek, as an example, because Ehlers would get stuffed on the third line and get 9:30 TOI with no PP time for no reason.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
2\5 WERE AS A #2 CENTER, being matched up against categorically better centers in Aho, Staal, Barkov and Bennett. You make it sound like getting out played by those 4 guys were some type of original sin.

Come on man, his record playing against better talent is not remotely comparable to #48, so just stop being intellectually dishonest which you are clearly being here.
The biggest under performers they have had in the playoffs for the past several years have been Grizz and Coyle. If you are asking me which is a better player of course the answer is Coyle, Grizz has never been anything but a over hyped depth defenseman to me. Coyle is still not somebody I think you can win with in the playoffs if you are looking for him to play an important top 6 role.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Nope.

I'm confident that whomever the Bruins do acquire they will be better here than their previous stop. This is a world class org/coaching/training staff that flat out makes players better.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad