Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He's a regular season signing I guess. No clue why you would go to this well again with 6 career playoff goals in 48 games. He contributes on the score sheet with playing with good players (basically like anyone would) and not so great with bottom sixers. He's a safe player for sure but to commit any money of signifigance would be foolish IMO
If you could get him to a contract where you don't really care about him being the 13th forward at times including the playoffs, maybe under 1.5 mil, then sure but he's probably going to ask for more than that + some term.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yes, but a sad commentary regardless.

Surrounded by very good linemates, yes.

Minus that, he's frequently invisible on multiple fronts.

The idea that Frederic is somehow your enforcer gives pause.

Long enough to laugh out loud.
For 2.1 mil he’s great. Put him in a Ullmark deal I’m fine, just sign a Liam O’Brien type

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yes that’s how it started. Then conversations expand and evolve after a few back and forths. The conversation was happening with 4 different people saying four different things about
It sounds like it was evolving into another thing for you to complain about with Sweeney...it has as much relevance to how incomparable the Jeannot trade vs Orlov/Bertuzzi was as me randomly adding to this conversation "ya but he got Zacha for Haula."

But whatever let's move on

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
While Heinen played ok to me last year and I no longer want him shot into the sun I would not start with him to start negotiating new contracts with.

I just can’t.

I can’t.

The fact that they’re even considering spending more than $22.50, this early on a guy with with 6 measley playoff goals in nearly 50 games makes we worry,

Stop stockpiling mediocrity and get some difference makers.

The JAG’s will still be there in August…as we saw last year.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's a regular season signing I guess. No clue why you would go to this well again with 6 career playoff goals in 48 games. He contributes on the score sheet with playing with good players (basically like anyone would) and not so great with bottom sixers. He's a safe player for sure but to commit any money of signifigance would be foolish IMO

Who says he will get significant money?

The reason to try to sign him is he will come cheap.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sounds like the third line, meaning Coyle entrenched as a top 2 C and Poitras assed out. I'll wait until it all takes shape, but not a huge proponent of bringing back guys who don't perform in the play-offs.

But….he can not score in the playoffs on different lines!

Don’t you know how valuable that is?

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Who says he will get significant money?

The reason to try to sign him is he will come cheap.
26 mil under if they deal Linus (if return is picks/prospects) Swayman gets 7 say. 19 mil left and the priorities are 2 top 6 and a good LHD. Get that done and then you can worry about players on the cheap. To start talks now a month before would signal to me it's not going to be overly cheap.

Long time to figure it out though, granted,

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yes that’s how it started. Then conversations expand and evolve after a few back and forths. The conversation was happening with 4 different people saying four different things about it.

Both things can

Chiarelli with the bruins won once and DNQ 3 times one being the first year after taking over a 74 point team.

I’d rather go to the playoffs 6 out of 9 times and a cup than go to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years and not win a cup. Pretty sure everyone here would trade 2 missed playoff years for a cup.

Not even
That's not how the odds to win a championship will play out most often. If you DNQ 33% of the time compared to 12% the odds will be in someone like Sweeney's favor.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I’m remarkably concerned the Bruins are going to overpay for Heinen.
I am not too worried about it. I think, if it gets done, it'll come in below 2M. Heinen did the whole try to get paid as much as possible dance last summer, and was left at the altar and had to settle for a PTO. He works here in Boston, and he's comfortable with it. He probably wants to avoid that whole fiasco again.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am not too worried about it. I think, if it gets done, it'll come in below 2M. Heinen did the whole try to get paid as much as possible dance last summer, and was left at the altar and had to settle for a PTO. He works here in Boston, and he's comfortable with it. He probably wants to avoid that whole fiasco again.

Logical.

But, he’s also 29, I believe.

if someone offers him more than 2x2, he’d be a fool not to take it.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
everybody drink everytime you read "at the right price"

i hope we start signing people at the most wrong possible price

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Maybe Saros or Markstrom
I didn’t realize these two guys were worth more. Saros is a bit younger. So maybe. But I doubt he is worth much more. I think Ullmark is a player someone will pay for. A lot of good teams will want to upgrade their goalie this off-season.

I’m remarkably concerned the Bruins are going to overpay for Heinen.
Heinen lives rent free in your head :sarcasm:

Reactions: sarge88

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I start with….

Sign the right players

Then I worry about cost.

Much rather the right guys at a little more $$$, than the wrong ones at any cost.
this was more of a comment on heinen ...who i like at the right price (ha)

sometimes i think "at the right price" doesnt need to be said bc no one wants a vastly overpaid heinen. hes not a open the checkbook player last i checked.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
this was more of a comment on heinen ...who i like at the right price (ha)

sometimes i think "at the right price" doesnt need to be said bc no one wants a vastly overpaid heinen. hes not a open the checkbook player last i checked.

I agree.

And
(I was talking about him too)

😂😂

Reactions: dangermike

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I didn’t realize these two guys were worth more. Saros is a bit younger. So maybe. But I doubt he is worth much more. I think Ullmark is a player someone will pay for. A lot of good teams will want to upgrade their goalie this off-season.

Heinen lives rent free in your head :sarcasm:
Why? I’ve been complimentary of his play all season long.

I’m just worried that he will get 3x3 or something goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad