Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Unless your adding Frederic or Geekie in a trade where does Heinen fit? He's not the type of guy this team needs. More skill in the top 6 is needed and more snarl throughout the lineup. Heinen doesn't fit the bill for either.

Don't hate the player by anymeans but changes are needed not just rehashing the same ol same ol

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The talk has been about DeBrusk getting twice that much and that being acceptable.

DeBrusk 19-21-40 and +4

Heinen 17-19-36 and +16
Let 'em both walk, sign Duclair and use the savings on a designated opponent injurer and a forward who can kill penalties. Combine the last two in one skater for a special happiness achievement.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Looks like Saros is about to be taken off the trade market. Where does that leave Ullmark and the Devils? Does Ullmark + Geekie get the Bruins closer to the #10 overall pick for NJ?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Looks like Saros is about to be taken off the trade market. Where does that leave Ullmark and the Devils? Does Ullmark + Geekie get the Bruins closer to the #10 overall pick for NJ?

Wow that seems like a ton to give up for boston. There will be some potential talent at 10, but you are still talking about someone who likely going to take until 2028 to be better than a Geekie level player, and that is if you hit on the pick

Reactions: Bodit9 and bruins19

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Wow that seems like a ton to give up for boston. There will be some potential talent at 10, but you are still talking about someone who likely going to take until 2028 to be better than a Geekie level player, and that is if you hit on the pick
Devils fans on the main board say it's not enough value and Geekie doesn't move the needle. Maybe the Bruins can get a LD for Ullmark instead.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
two piece puzzles are hard for you to figure out i guess. Yes those are two different things. But was was given up was the same and equally costly. Can you make that HUGE leap to comprehend what he was saying? Playing semantics is never a good look
I know what he was trying to say and I know he's just arguing for the sake of arguing (it's why he's he's on ignore).

You and I both know that paying for one player isn't equivalent to paying the same price for three across two different trades. So what's the point? Might as well bring in every trade that ended up with a guy walking as a free agent and cry about how much Sweeney gave up to bring them in.

Or we could compare what each team got for the cost
Jeannot for the Bolts
8g 11a 19pts

Orlov, Bertuzzi and Hathaway for Boston
17g 41a 58pts

Playoff pts are 19 to 1

If you really want to compare the two imagine Sweeney gave all that up for just Hathaway and then resigned him to a bloated contact.

Since the trades
Jeannot 8g 11a 19pts
Hathaway 11g 13a 24pts

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Ullmark with an extension 100% gets you 10th overall. The guy is one year removed from being the Vezina trophy winner. Put up very solid numbers this season on a team that had any combination of Gryz/Wortherspoon/Peeke/Lohrei/Forbort as regulars on the back end.

My preference is Ullmark(extended) + Geekie for Necas + 2nd in 2024.

Ullmark gives them their reliable starter they've been searching for plus Geekie who can play C for them on the 3rd line and put up 15-20 goals.

Necas either plays C for us with Pasta and Zacha or he slides down to play with Marchy. The 2nd gets us back in this year's draft which we don't have a pick until round 4.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

This is good for Boston. Ulllmark already in demand and now 1 less high calibre goalie off the market.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Ullmark with an extension 100% gets you 10th overall. The guy is one year removed from being the Vezina trophy winner. Put up very solid numbers this season on a team that had any combination of Gryz/Wortherspoon/Peeke/Lohrei/Forbort as regulars on the back end.

My preference is Ullmark(extended) + Geekie for Necas + 2nd in 2024.

Ullmark gives them their reliable starter they've been searching for plus Geekie who can play C for them on the 3rd line and put up 15-20 goals.

Necas either plays C for us with Pasta and Zacha or he slides down to play with Marchy. The 2nd gets us back in this year's draft which we don't have a pick until round 4.

I agree. An extended Ullmark + another piece could bring you back the 10th overall but I believe you would also have to take a bad contract off New Jersey. I am certain that Sweeney would use the pick to get an top 6 center and wouldn´t draft a player with it. Only if he would be sure that the drafted player could be NHL ready right away or in I year. I am not sure that there would be one still available at 10th.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I'm surprised at the praise Sweeney is getting for the 2023 trade deadline. Everyone agrees that the players are to blame for the disappointing exit. For me personally, Sweeney bears the greatest blame. Yes, did he improve the team but really in the way that was necessary? For me, the third defensive pairing was one of the team's biggest weak points and Sweeney didn't do anything about it. They were one of the weak points for many playoff series in a row. Still, Sweeney was okay with one of Gryz, Forbort, Zboril and Clifton having to play on the third line. And exactly what had to happen happened. Gryz showed that he couldn't handle the physicality of the playoffs. Cliffy had very bad games and Forbort is Forbort, nothing special. Praising Sweeney for last year's playoffs and saying he did everything he could to improve the team is one of the biggest myths on this board.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not saying i would, but for sake of discussion If you could get Nichushkin for Ullmark do you take the risk that he'll turn his problem around and not f*** you over come playoff time? If any coach would be a good fit you gotta think it's Monty.
Not a chance in hell. Guy's problems are so big it's not true. So big that he ended up f***ing over his teammates over TWICE in a row in the Playoffs. Whatever he's addicted to has its' teeth in deep and hard.

I noticed how last year it was all "we're behind Nuke" and this year it's a different tone altogether.

IMO, and I'm 30 years+ sober for good reason, the players should have been "Nuke needs to get his shit together asap" the very first time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not saying i would, but for sake of discussion If you could get Nichushkin for Ullmark do you take the risk that he'll turn his problem around and not f*** you over come playoff time? If any coach would be a good fit you gotta think it's Monty.
Not in a million years

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not a chance in hell. Guy's problems are so big it's not true. So big that he ended up f***ing over his teammates over TWICE in a row in the Playoffs. Whatever he's addicted to has its' teeth in deep and hard.

I noticed how last year it was all "we're behind Nuke" and this year it's a different tone altogether.

IMO, and I'm 30 years+ sober for good reason, the players should have been "Nuke needs to get his shit together asap" the very first time.
So a resounding no from everyone. Yeah I get it, huge risk and to do it back to back in the playoffs was pretty selfish.

I'm surprised at the praise Sweeney is getting for the 2023 trade deadline. Everyone agrees that the players are to blame for the disappointing exit. For me personally, Sweeney bears the greatest blame. Yes, did he improve the team but really in the way that was necessary? For me, the third defensive pairing was one of the team's biggest weak points and Sweeney didn't do anything about it. They were one of the weak points for many playoff series in a row. Still, Sweeney was okay with one of Gryz, Forbort, Zboril and Clifton having to play on the third line. And exactly what had to happen happened. Gryz showed that he couldn't handle the physicality of the playoffs. Cliffy had very bad games and Forbort is Forbort, nothing special. Praising Sweeney for last year's playoffs and saying he did everything he could to improve the team is one of the biggest myths on this board.
2 things:

They literally went to the cup with a third pairing built of two of those guys you mentioned - Gryz-Clifton

He addressed the LD by adding Orlov on the left side to push Gryz off the 1st pair and down to the 3rd pair.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Flip the pick. Number of rebuilding teams have guys in their late 20's early 30's that would be good adds.

Or move the 10th, next year's first and Ullmark, with Lysell + for Brady Tkachuk. Actually just trade all of Providence to Ottawa.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire

Why are so many people clamoring to trade Geekie?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

I actually had him in my only attempt at getting Necas, IF the Canes need a roster player on top of 10th overall. He was one of the few names I found I could include that made any sense if the Bruins were going to invest in C's in the next few years, with his raise quickly coming and his contract attractive at present. But I didn't love including him, believe me.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Value, 1 year left on his deal, end of the day he is a JAG. Cheaper replacement in Brazeau, I wouldn't give him away but he is no where near as valuable as a Frederic who will get you more points, hits and is dramatically more physical.

Someone suggested trading Frederic instead which to me is asinine

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad