HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For me it's not close between Dvorsky and Sale. Dvorsky would beat up Sale and take his lunch money. Dvorsky is Sale's wife's boyfriend.

I really really like Sale's tools.. but I'm holding on to a memory of his Hlinka and U18s last year. He has not looked very interested when things aren't easy for him.

It's always a gamble to knock him down too too far.. if he's there at 17, man that's a lot of talent.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
With Dvorsky, you can't hate a player for what they're not, you have to appreciate them for what they are. If you're expecting him to do what Smith did last game, you will be disappointed. He's not that guy.

But that's not a criticism. He's strong, he's competitive, he's smart, he understands the game well, he makes efficient plays that leave his team better off, and he's got a nose for the net.
And he's got a shot. He's almost like Shane Wright in a way.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The worst case scenario at this point, is if Michkov falls for valid reasons cause then everyone moves up a spot.

Smith goes at 4
Reinbacher could be gone at 5.

Picking at 6 or 7, you'd be into that other grouping which isn't bad players at all, but you'd be looking for a little luck to find a star.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With Dvorsky, you can't hate a player for what they're not, you have to appreciate them for what they are. If you're expecting him to do what Smith did last game, you will be disappointed. He's not that guy.

But that's not a criticism. He's strong, he's competitive, he's smart, he understands the game well, he makes efficient plays that leave his team better off, and he's got a nose for the net.

Let’s see how Smith does in a situation where the team he’s on his playing for their lives. Dvorsky answered that.
Dvorsky's putting a country on his back in this tournament and leading them to being competitive in every game so far. Many posters have dissected Dvorsky's offense all year ignoring the context that he's always been playing against older opposition. He was also put in a shutdown role against powerhouse teams in the WJC in a win against Cooley and Team USA in the round robin and almost beat Team Canada in the QF (destroyed Wright in the face-off dot).

I've predicted many times that he would torch the WU18 against kids his own age. He's doing it without the support that other top draft candidates in this tournament have. He's having a terrific tournament!

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dvorsky's putting a country on his back in this tournament and leading them to being competitive in every game so far. Many posters have dissected Dvorsky's offense all year ignoring the context that he's always been playing against older opposition. He was also put in a shutdown role against powerhouse teams in the WJC in a win against Cooley and Team USA in the round robin and almost beat Team Canada in the QF (destroyed Wright in the face-off dot).

I've predicted many times that he would torch the WU18 against kids his own age. He's doing it without the support that other top draft candidates in this tournament have. He's having a terrific tournament!
For sure. And it wasn’t just today, I rewatched the Canada game this morning and same thing. Just dominant. Physically as well, he was bullying the Canadians and you don’t often see that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Aha! Is your name Nick Bobrov :D

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
For sure. And it wasn’t just today, I rewatched the Canada game this morning and same thing. Just dominant. Physically as well, he was bullying the Canadians and you don’t often see that.
One other thing with Dvorsky is he has a June birthdate and is the 2nd youngest of the usual top 15 candidates. Only Bedard is younger (July birthdate).

:laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The worst case scenario at this point, is if Michkov falls for valid reasons cause then everyone moves up a spot.

Smith goes at 4
Reinbacher could be gone at 5.

Picking at 6 or 7, you'd be into that other grouping which isn't bad players at all, but you'd be looking for a little luck to find a star.

A lot of people had Benson ahead of Smith going into this tournament.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
For me it's not close between Dvorsky and Sale. Dvorsky would beat up Sale and take his lunch money. Dvorsky is Sale's wife's boyfriend.
wtf-what-the-f***.gif

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014

He's carrying the mail. Hockey Historians are saying we need the entire country of Slovakia to play for us and to make sure we draft bland, enigmatic two-way forwards over elite talent.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Dvorsky would be fine if he drops to 17. I'm sure there will be a media push for Perreault.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He's carrying the mail. Hockey Historians are saying we need the entire country of Slovakia to play for us and to make sure we draft bland, enigmatic two-way forwards over elite talent.
Ok Sunshine! Odd reaction to a terrific performance by a young player in our approximate draft range padding the supply chain for us.

Reactions: LaP

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Ok Sunshine! Odd reaction to a terrific performance by a young player in our approximate draft range padding the supply chain for us.

I'll have to work on my Bobrov impression. Perhaps I needed to use more incomprehensible analogies to make it more realistic.

Sorry, man, just don't love the player. I'm tired of lacking elite talent on this team.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Actually how would he compare to Wright? In competitiveness, I feel he'd be better, but does he have as good IQ and skating?
They're very different players. Dvorsky is actually very good defensively (shutdown role vs Cooley and Wright at WJC) which was falsely advertised for Wright until he got exposed in OHL playoffs. Dvorsky is also much more physically engaged. Wright has higher offensive potential.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

I was expecting that too, kid produced at an all time reccord in J20 this year, he has much more skills than people give him credit for on this board.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I never doubted Dvorskys ability as a talent in our draft range, but I did recognize that he needed to bust through production wise to really earn that worthiness. Starting with the game against Canada and then today he did that. And the context of the game today makes it even more impressive.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They're very different players. Dvorsky is actually very good defensively (shutdown role vs Cooley and Wright at WJC) which was falsely advertised for Wright until he got exposed in OHL playoffs. Dvorsky is also much more physically engaged. Wright has higher offensive potential.
I agree about everything but the last part, Dvorsky has a more impressive toolbox, especially his puck skills and puck protection skills, kid can really stickhandle out there, combine that with strong puck protection skills and the potential is really high. Wright puck skills are pretty vanilla and doesnt have any puck protection skills at all. Dvorsky has all the tools to be a puck possession monster. Kid is in the mold of a Patrice Bergeron, Anze Kopitar and has some Draisaitl when he is really on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad