HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kevin Bicker scores a nice goal to put Germany up 4-2. Gut check time for Slovakia. This was after a defensive zone draw, after the Pekarcik line had some scoring chances the shift prior.
Love little Bicker. I see a future in the NHL for him.
At 5, would anybody be surprised if the pick isn't Dvorsky or Reinbacher? No matter who is left not named Bedard, Fantilli or Carlsson?
No ? Benson and Smith?
Get ready to be Crazy Bacon

Choose your avatar

View attachment 696321
Crazy bacon is pretty cool.
Étienne Morin is joining Team Canada to replace Burns who is injured

I think it’s a good move for Canada, Morin is gonna be one of there best Dmen
Excited to see what he can do, Canada have missed a guy like him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean, I'M not saying Dvorsky isn't a good player. When the debate raged on Dvorsky vs Sale, I was on the Dvorsky bandwagon. I think this kid is a good player. But how people could see this guy's tweet, and think that's a good reasoning...geez...

Grant McCagg is the poster child for nepotism and pros aren't better than amateurs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He is. Just a hockey player through and through. I expect he probably wins the first cup out of all the guys drafted in 2023. Just a true hockey guy.

I mean, I feel 5-7 may be slightly early for him, but he screams future solid captain type top 6 forward that can play PP, PK ...basically can do everything.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Is he featured in Vogue? How many followers on Insta?

He is, I am having a real hard time defining his high-end potential because of the proximity to his linemates.
Yeah and we won’t know next year either because all 3 goes to boston college together.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
Picks 5-7 feel like such a crapshoot this year...sigh

I agree with the posters saying that the players ranked 5-17 are all similar caliber prospects. Some have higher offensive potential (Smith) but aren't very involved without the puck. Other players have slightly less offensive potential but have more complete games.

I'd have a hard time betting who's going to reach their potential and who won't.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Picks 5-7 feel like such a crapshoot this year...sigh

I agree with the posters saying that the players ranked 5-17 are all similar caliber prospects. Some have higher offensive potential (Smith) but aren't very involved without the puck. Other players have slightly less offensive potential but have more complete games.

I'd have a hard time betting who's going to reach their potential and who won't.

They're always a crap shoot. Or feel that way, you get to this point of the year and people have seen everything good and bad they've done for 3 years.

Group B just got systematically slaughtered by the USA

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sweden beat Germany 3-0, so went 4-0 in Group. Stenberg picked up another 2a. Edstrom 1g, 1a. Willander 1g, 1a. All 3 have been really impressive for Sweden.

Stenberg has 9 pts, +8
ASP 6 pts, +7
Edstrom 5 ps, +7
Willander 4 pts, +2

Germany went 0-4, and will play in regulation series likely against Norway.

Sweden will play Latvia in QF.

USA will play either Czech Republic or Slovakia in QF. It depends on what happens in Canada's game today. Canada can only finish 2nd or 3rd in Group.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
When it comes to Leonard’s strengths, take your pick. He’s aggressive. He led the team with 13 power-play goals. He was second in goals, period, with 43. He’s a dominant defensive player. He played all three forward spots this year. Leonard can do it all.

“My best strength may be the way I carry momentum into the game. I think I can change it in a matter of seconds with my physicality and my shot,” Leonard said. “I just want to bring it all to the table. I’m very confident in my game.”

Yep early for sure and not what the Habs need IMO, offensive potential being "limited".

Habs PP is dead last the last 2 years and there is a lack of sandpaper upfront, right now and among the prospect coming up. He's exactly what the Habs need

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It will take A LOT of imagination if any of those Leonard-Smith-Perreault guys are there to not pick them....Geez...Leonard easily enters the top 7 discussion.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Reactions: Paddy17

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad