HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Toolsy big Euro beats up on weak international competition, Bobrov must be foaming at the mouth. Can't wait to watch him wax poetic in the next draft video about Dvorsky being Slovakia's new golden child and carrying the nation on his back against all odds.

Yep. I completely see that happening. The more metaphors used to wax poetic, the better.

I don't know if the competition is weak per se, but I don't see him as super projectible to being a high-end offensive NHL player

Saxon

Demigod
Mar 9, 2015
I agree about everything but the last part, Dvorsky has a more impressive toolbox, especially his puck skills and puck protection skills, kid can really stickhandle out there, combine that with strong puck protection skills and the potential is really high. Wright puck skills are pretty vanilla and doesnt have any puck protection skills at all. Dvorsky has all the tools to be a puck possession monster. Kid is in the mold of a Patrice Bergeron, Anze Kopitar and has some Draisaitl when he is really on.
I’m reminded of Kopitar whenever I see him play. I’m a fan!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
4 games tomorrow:

1. Sweden vs Germany, 8:30 am - no TV
Swedes have already clinched 1st in A division. Germany last. A meaningless game really.

2. Switzerland vs USA, 10 am - TSN4 / NHLN
U.S. has clinched 1st in B division. Switzerland are battling Finland for 2nd & 3rd place.

3. Czech Rep vs Canada, 12:30 pm - TSN4 / NHLN
Should be the best game of the day. The 2 are battling for 2nd place in A division.

4. Finland vs Norway, 2 pm - TSN5
Finland trying to clinch 2nd.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Will_Smith_slaps_Chris_Rock.jpg

He definitely has become pretty intriguing.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
For people that don't have access to Slovak media i just want to point out that Dvorsky was heavily criticize and doubted from the first minute of this tournament by a lot of Slovaks. I don't think there is any other kid in this tournament that is playing under the same pressure as him.

Like i don't think any Canadian sport fan really cares if Barlow or Wood shows up in this tournament i doubt many Canadians even know who these guys are. Same thing could be said about Smith and Perreault.

So i think people should definitely give credit to him for his match against Germany when his whole already average skilled team didn't play that good. I mean Slovaks had almost as many PKs as in all previous 3 matches combine. Dvorsky had relegation game on his shoulders and he still singlehandedly won the game for the Slovaks.

Yes maybe he is not as good as Smith but atleast don't pretend that he wasn't dominant in this game.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
For people that don't have access to Slovak media i just want to point out that Dvorsky was heavily criticize and doubted from the first minute of this tournament by a lot of Slovaks. I don't think there is any other kid in this tournament that is playing under the same pressure as him.

Like i don't think any Canadian sport fan really cares if Barlow or Wood shows up in this tournament i doubt many Canadians even know who these guys are. Same thing could be said about Smith and Perreault.

So i think people should definitely give credit to him for his match against Germany when his whole already average skilled team didn't play that good. I mean Slovaks had almost as many PKs as in all previous 3 matches combine. Dvorsky had relegation game on his shoulders and he still singlehandedly won the game for the Slovaks.

Yes maybe he is not as good as Smith but atleast don't pretend that he wasn't dominant in this game.
Don’t agree on that. The US kids play all year for that moment at the end of their season. It’s their playoffs!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Don’t agree on that. The US kids play all year for that moment at the end of their season. It’s their playoffs!
I doubt even 0.1% of USA population knows or cares about them. I doubt that american citizen opens a sport news magazine and will see Smith or Perrault on the front page as the most important news of the day. There is much more pressure on Dvorsky the closest to him would be Sale.

Team USA also has many other good players on the team if Smith has a bad game other can step up Dvorsky doesn't have that option.

The whole front page of probably the most known sport news website is full of U18 tournament articles.

Untitled2.png

Last edited:

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I doubt even 0.1% of USA population knows or cares about them. I doubt that american citizen opens a sport news magazine and will see Smith or Perrault on the front page as the most important news of the day. There is much more pressure on Dvorsky the closest to him would be Sale.

Team USA also has many other good players on the team if Smith has a bad game other can step up Dvorsky doesn't have that option.

The whole front page of probably the most known sport news website is full of U18 tournament articles.

View attachment 696290
It is not about media coverage. The pressure is definitely there for US kids as well as US NTDP is very competitive environment. Winning a medal is a must for them. Their biggest advantage is that they have so much depth. We have a good spine of the team: Urban, Strbak, Dvorsky, but US has top talent all over their roster.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
It is not about media coverage. The pressure is definitely there for US kids as well as US NTDP is very competitive environment. Winning a medal is a must for them. Their biggest advantage is that they have so much depth. We have a good spine of the team: Urban, Strbak, Dvorsky, but US has top talent all over their roster.
I never said that kids from US team don't play under any pressure. But lets be honest their team is stacked and their group opponents aren't on the same level. US players definitely slept very well before every match cant say the same thing about Slovakia. How Dvorsky carried that game in all the circumstances that i mentioned above is worthy some praise.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Sorry, man, just don't love the player. I'm tired of lacking elite talent on this team.
I partially agree. Outside maybe Caufield and Hutson there is no elite talent in this organization. Therefore , I agree that Habs should look for elite talent with their first pick in this draft. However, if we drop to pick 7, Dvorsky would be very interesting option.
Remember, this management is building Cup contender team. We might just build a team like Kings 2011-14. No elite talent, they will not win the President trophy, but they will perform when it matters and win couple cups. I can definitely imagine Dvorsky being key part of such team.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I never said that kids from US team don't play under any pressure. But lets be honest their team is stacked and their group opponents aren't on the same level. US players definitely slept very well before every match cant say the same thing about Slovakia. How Dvorsky carried that game in all the circumstances that i mentioned above is worthy some praise.

Who didn't praise him for last game though?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dvorsky is a safe pick right there and a sexy one. He is a very mature, great two-way game and talented at offensive zone. Underrated hands. I think he is a underrated player and Habs fan should be happy if they decide to go with him at 5-6-7. He will not be there at 17, he is a too safe choice to don't be a top 10 pick. I see certainly a 70 points two-way player with Dvorsky... he is not a Dvorak, much more talented than Dvorak.

Yager and Dvorsky are both wildcard for the Habs high pick, they are worth a top 5-6-7 selection to me, they have both high potential. People talk more about Smith, Michkov, Benson, Leonard or Reinbacher, but Yager and Dvorsky should be in that discussion aswell.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
One of Michkov/Smith/Reinbacher at 5/6 and I'm happy. Smith is basically showing that it might be a big 5, great showing.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
German goaltender is better than some NHL goaltenders. Too bad Germany has no chance because the officials will NEVER call apenalty on Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad