HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Think this counts as a dominant performance. Also this is a much more must win and tighter game.

This counts as a hell of a game, for sure. Solid all over the ice (like always), and deadly with his opportunities. I just don't want to give the impression that he was posterizing fools like Smith was last game.

Picks up an apple on Pekarcik's empty netter.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't dislike Strbak but the USHL stats are piss poor.. I don't think I'd pay the acquisition cost in the draft for him.
I'd say his tools are better than his stats. He moves the puck really well IMO, he makes quick decisions and his passing is all around solid. He'll never be a 50 points producer but I can see him developing into a 30-ish points dman when all is said and done.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At 5, would anybody be surprised if the pick isn't Dvorsky or Reinbacher? No matter who is left not named Bedard, Fantilli or Carlsson?

I'd be surprised if the pick was Dvorsky.. but not if it was Reinbacher. Smith is most likely.. he was coached by Hughes and Adam Nicholas helped develop him, aswell.

Seems Dvorsky is having that dominant breakout game like how Smith did yesterday but unfortunately it’s not televised for this board to see it lol

It's not the same.. Smith controlled the ice. Dvorsky is showing the same things, and executing them well against a German squad, that makes him a valuable prospect but doesn't elevate his tier ranking.

I didn't see his first goal but
2nd goal, alone in the slot, fired it in. He's not missing with that shot and time.
3rd goal, cleans up the rebound off a nice wrap around effort.
4th goal, 28 made the beauty play and Dvorsky cleans it up.

We know Dvorsky has a great shot and a strong inside game. He didn't answer the chance creation and playmaking challenges all tournament.

And goal number 4 for Dali. And another garbage goal. The guy knows where to go. That's for sure.

Yep, his shot and inside game is his game.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'd be surprised if the pick was Dvorsky.. but not if it was Reinbacher. Smith is most likely.. he was coached by Hughes and Adam Nicholas helped develop him, aswell.

It's not the same.. Smith controlled the ice. Dvorsky is showing the same things, and executing them well against a German squad, that makes him a valuable prospect but doesn't elevate his tier ranking.

I didn't see his first goal but
2nd goal, alone in the slot, fired it in. He's not missing with that shot and time.
3rd goal, cleans up the rebound off a nice wrap around effort.
4th goal, 28 made the beauty play and Dvorsky cleans it up.

We know Dvorsky has a great shot and a strong inside game. He didn't answer the chance creation and playmaking challenges all tournament.

Yep, his shot and inside game is his game.
You haven’t even seen the game lol

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You haven’t even seen the game lol

1682363651680.png

I missed the first bit and tuned in when Cam Robinson tweeted out the 2nd goal.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
With Dvorsky, you can't hate a player for what they're not, you have to appreciate them for what they are. If you're expecting him to do what Smith did last game, you will be disappointed. He's not that guy.

But that's not a criticism. He's strong, he's competitive, he's smart, he understands the game well, he makes efficient plays that leave his team better off, and he's got a nose for the net.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
With Dvorsky, you can't hate a player for what they're not, you have to appreciate them for what they are. If you're expecting him to do what Smith did last game, you will be disappointed. He's not that guy.

But that's not a criticism. He's strong, he's competitive, he's smart, he understands the game well, he makes efficient plays that leave his team better off, and he's got a nose for the net.
Let’s see how Smith does in a situation where the team he’s on his playing for their lives. Dvorsky answered that.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

Very well said. Two different player with different skill set.

For me personnally, i prefer the player with less « wow skill » and more competitive. Watching playoffs hockey right now, and , boy, you gotta be competitive to gain any ice out there.

Still, i prefer Benson or Leonard at our pick.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I don't want to be misconstrued as hating Dvorsky.. I'm just pointing out what I think are challenges or potential barriers to him realizing a potential worthy of the selection we hold.

It is definitely more important for me that we are adding someone like Smith to the pool rather than Dvorsky. If Dvorsky is the pick at 7, I don't have an issue with it.. that's well within the range and if they like Dvorsky's size and projectable inside game over Benson, I'm not going to cry over it, at all.

I've had Dvorsky at 12 in my last rankings, but with the final viewings I'm getting - I'm most likely going to be putting him ahead of Sale and Moore, and putting him into that tier with Leonard and Yager.

Just not sure where those 3 will fall in that tier.

If PLD is in the cards.. I think we are more than fine up front size wise with Slaf, Dach and PLD. If PLD isn't in the cards, then Dvorsky certainly becomes a more attractive option than say, Benson.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't want to be misconstrued as hating Dvorsky.. I'm just pointing out what I think are challenges or potential barriers to him realizing a potential worthy of the selection we hold.

It is definitely more important for me that we are adding someone like Smith to the pool rather than Dvorsky. If Dvorsky is the pick at 7, I don't have an issue with it.. that's well within the range and if they like Dvorsky's size and projectable inside game over Benson, I'm not going to cry over it, at all.

I've had Dvorsky at 12 in my last rankings, but with the final viewings I'm getting - I'm most likely going to be putting him ahead of Sale and Moore, and putting him into that tier with Leonard and Yager.

Just not sure where those 3 will fall in that tier.

For me it's not close between Dvorsky and Sale. Dvorsky would beat up Sale and take his lunch money. Dvorsky is Sale's wife's boyfriend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad