GDT: 2023 Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Who would have guess that Jarvis annoys the others by talking constantly and that Aho is the "bully" who is extremely competitive. :laugh:

Things do get a bit testy at times, Jarvis said. “I like to talk and they get mad when I talk and stuff,” Jarvis said. “It’s got to be quiet for them. ‘Fishy’ yells at me.” Aho? Calm, collected Sebastian “Fishy” Aho? “Are you kidding me?” Jarvis said, all but shouting. “Imagine how competitive he is on the ice, you should see him in Fortnite. Oh, my goodness.”

"If Pesce is the best, it’s agreed Aho -- “He’s a big bully on that game,” Pesce said -- clearly is second in the group. Kotkaniemi said he and Jarvis “don’t know what to do other than bringing the entertainment to the mike.” But Jarvis, who calls himself “by far the worst,” isn’t sure how entertaining he has been. “I just get ripped by them all day,” he said, shaking his head. “They try to kick me out of the group.”

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Who would have guess that Jarvis annoys the others by talking constantly and that Aho is the "bully" who is extremely competitive. :laugh:

Things do get a bit testy at times, Jarvis said. “I like to talk and they get mad when I talk and stuff,” Jarvis said. “It’s got to be quiet for them. ‘Fishy’ yells at me.” Aho? Calm, collected Sebastian “Fishy” Aho? “Are you kidding me?” Jarvis said, all but shouting. “Imagine how competitive he is on the ice, you should see him in Fortnite. Oh, my goodness.”

"If Pesce is the best, it’s agreed Aho -- “He’s a big bully on that game,” Pesce said -- clearly is second in the group. Kotkaniemi said he and Jarvis “don’t know what to do other than bringing the entertainment to the mike.” But Jarvis, who calls himself “by far the worst,” isn’t sure how entertaining he has been. “I just get ripped by them all day,” he said, shaking his head. “They try to kick me out of the group.”

Seriously, how the hell is Epic Games not all over this? Their HQ is the old Cary Towne Center. This seems like a stupidly easy and obvious marketing opportunity for both the NHL and Epic Games.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Seriously, how the hell is Epic Games not all over this? Their HQ is the old Cary Towne Center. This seems like a stupidly easy and obvious marketing opportunity for both the NHL and Epic Games.

It's seems (at least to me) that Video game companies are some of the worst marketers.

On a side note I often seen a job posting from Epic in my field (IT) and I wonder if they're growing or if the turn over rate is high. I suspect the latter but I have no inside knowledge of this company. Just saying If someone said it's a toxic place to work I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: geehaad

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It's seems (at least to me) that Video game companies are some of the worst marketers.

On a side note I often seen a job posting from Epic in my field (IT) and I wonder if they're growing or if the turn over rate is high. I suspect the latter but I have no inside knowledge of this company. Just saying If someone said it's a toxic place to work I wouldn't be surprised.
1695747997802.png

I'd add that the founder has done some nice things for NC, the latest spending $15M to preserve land in the State.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
View attachment 746358
I'd add that the founder has done some nice things for NC, the latest spending $15M to preserve land in the State.
I had a friend who did motion capture work for them as a hustle for Gears of War. He said he got paid a pretty penny for a few hours of work. While he was there, they were doing a promotion for full-time employees where they trucked out a bunch of nice cars and let each employee pick one just as a perk of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad