GDT: 2023 Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
How has Serum been doing? (yeah i know its Sörum but for me he will be Serum)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How has Drury been doing at camp? Was a fan of his pre-draft. Also post-draft :P. Does the little things well enough to become a potential middle 6 complimentary forward. Has he established himself enough to earn a full time gig this upcoming year? Cheers.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hey guys just want to say good luck on the upcoming season! Been a pleasure catching a Canes game here, and there - Necas in particular.

Anyway just for fantasy purpose - who is the expected #1 goalie if you were to guess?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How has Drury been doing at camp? Was a fan of his pre-draft. Also post-draft :P. Does the little things well enough to become a potential middle 6 complimentary forward. Has he established himself enough to earn a full time gig this upcoming year? Cheers.
Didn't notice him much last night, but I also don't read much into that. I think he was mostly lined up with ZAR and Lemieux in a more defensive role and they didn't get burned at all last night so probably not a bad sign at least.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Not sure this is the best thread, but the thought just occurred to me.

Imagine September Discipline Daddy talking to just-lost-to-the-Panthers Discipline Daddy.

If future me had told past me that, going into the offseason, we would have signed Dmitry Orlov, signed Michael Bunting, acquired Tony DeAngelo for basically free, and re-upped Anderson, Raanta, Staal, and Fast at a total cap SAVINGS of $4.3M when compared to last year, I would have done this

Vince Mcmahon GIFs | Tenor

Essentially, we kept all our guys, at the price of getting Michael Bunting for free (+$4.5 Bunting +$2.9 Staal +$2.4 Fast + $1.5 Raanta + $3.4 Andersen; -$6 Staal, -$2 Fast, -$2 Raanta, -$4.5 Andersen) for a net cost of $0.2M more than last year.

EDIT - I forgot one of the most important tidbits, that we re-signed Sebastian Aho for 8 years for a fair contract, which was even cheaper than Alexander Barkov's even though Barkov's was signed 2 years ago.

On top of that we got Caleb Jones for free and locked in the team to stay in Raleigh until I'll be in a nursing home. I know we didn't win the cup, but chalk up a million "W"s this past year for Dundon and Waddell.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Not sure this is the best thread, but the thought just occurred to me.

Imagine September Discipline Daddy talking to just-lost-to-the-Panthers Discipline Daddy.

If future me had told past me that, going into the offseason, we would have signed Dmitry Orlov, signed Michael Bunting, acquired Tony DeAngelo for basically free, and re-upped Anderson, Raanta, Staal, and Fast at a total cap SAVINGS of $4.3M when compared to last year, I would have done this

Vince Mcmahon GIFs | Tenor

Essentially, we kept all our guys, at the price of getting Michael Bunting for free (+$4.5 Bunting +$2.9 Staal +$2.4 Fast + $1.5 Raanta + $3.4 Andersen; -$6 Staal, -$2 Fast, -$2 Raanta, -$4.5 Andersen) for a net cost of $0.2M more than last year.

On top of that we got Caleb Jones for free and locked in the team to stay in Raleigh until I'll be in a nursing home. I know we didn't win the cup, but chalk up a million "W"s this past year for Dundon and Waddell.
This organization has just flat out done everything right since Dundon took over. So glad to be a fan of this team right now. As a Panthers and Hornets fan too it helps put into perspective how special this level of competency is. Cup or not this is still an awesome period to be a fan, it's damn hard to win it all. To a degree it's even harder to sustain contention for such a long period like this team is set up to do.

Personally I'd rather feel like the team has a shot every year for 10+ years and come really close, maybe win 1 maybe not, than to randomly get lucky and hot 1 year and win it all and be irrelevant the other 9 years. Either way though I'm enjoying it while it lasts right now as it can never last forever, as Red Wings fans are now aware of and Pens fans will be soon.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
  • Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So, about Epic Games....

this is probably the biggest reason why I'd imagine

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

this is probably the biggest reason why I'd imagine
That plus losing the Apple lawsuit didn’t help.

FWIW: they are in the type of business that (rightly or wrongly depending on your POV re: personal/parental responsibility) the Government is always going to target them.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What are people's expectations of DeAngelo this season? I am having a real hard time predicting him (for fantasy purposes). Does he stick on PP1? Does he get benched a few games for poor defensive plays? Would 62 games and 50 points be a reasonable projection?

What about next season? Anyone care to guess if he has a future with the Canes?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
What are people's expectations of DeAngelo this season? I am having a real hard time predicting him (for fantasy purposes). Does he stick on PP1? Does he get benched a few games for poor defensive plays? Would 62 games and 50 points be a reasonable projection?

What about next season? Anyone care to guess if he has a future with the Canes?
I would say that is a solid estimate. Although he likely sits out just because Chatfield needs games too

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think they are putting Kochetkov in the press box and trying to juggle 3 goalies in practice. I expect they will find an AHL team who needs a good starting goalie and place Kochetkov there.
Yep. I agree he needs to play (even RBA said that). It's probably what you stated, but I just have no idea what will end up happening with him until it happens.

Reactions: Tryamw

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Reality is that it's pretty likely Freddie and/or Raanta will get hurt within he first couple months and Pyotr will be back up as the 1b. I'm glad we brought both vets back on the cheap deals we did but at some point here we gotta get Pyotr some consistent starts in the NHL to see what we really have in him. It's not good for his development to keep going back and forth and basically being in limbo.

I don't think Rod/the team will do this but I'd consider rolling Freddie as starter and Pyotr as backup with Raanta just being depth in case of a Freddie (or less likely Pyotr) injury. Nothing against Raanta when he's healthy I just think that would be best for the team long term, maybe at the expense of a few wins this year but would be worth it in my view. Doubt Raanta would've re-signed though if this were a possibility.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kooch likely plays for an ahl 1-2 times a week and plays here during a 3 games in 4 days swing while attending our practice and gets development from our goalie coach.

He’ll likely get 30-40 total starts depending on who needs goalies due to an injury.

10-15 NHL starts
20-25 AHL starts

I hope we can get Perets regular starts in the AHL as well as with Norfolk

Reactions: A Star is Burns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad